IGNORED

That's Enough, He Has to Go....

11 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

You didn't answer the question...

Have you and if yes, are you happy watching what we are currently producing...?

When our home form makes up for it, Yes i am!

i hope we improve at home tho!! We’d be in for automatic if we did!

6EF12E49-48FB-49C6-9F9B-A610F5855746.png

24 minutes ago, Oops said:

Professional footballers don’t need coaches, they need desire and intelligence. That’s it. If Jack Hunt has been a full back since the age of 7, he doesn’t need to be told where to be and when, he should know!

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I can understand why. Our midfield offers nothing. 

True. But our strength is normally Pato, Weimann and Nic working openings in space. It was all too high, too condensed and made life easy for Brum. Still, of those 3, only Pato really did much of note tonight... At the right end ?

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Reminder to self : don’t come on forum after we lose. Mental cases take over

Think you'll find I have been saying this for a while...

I've followed this club for getting on for 50 years and I can honestly say that I have never seen us play this negative, boring shite at home in that entire period and that includes the dark days at the bottom of the 4th division. With the possible exception of the Pulis era, we at least tried to play more attacking football, in fact the front line of our 4th division team was a sheer delight to watch compared to some of today's stuff

If you can't see that, I feel genuinely sorry for you...

Thats enough is a very apt title for me. Tonight was the last straw, the moment that tipped the balance. After last season i really had, had enough, boring predictable football. My son talked me around to renewing  for this year. We both find it a dirge to watch and a dirge to get there and park. After the latest bore feast we both aggree that next year we will not be renewing our season tickets. Pick our games when it suits i guess. Football first and formost  is about entertainment, we ain't sering that. Sorry borIng BCFC you have besten us . 

2 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Ok, so when we are 13th in a month's time, will that be an acceptable time (or too late)

Why would we be 13th in a months time, we could also be in the top two. Who knows ?we have one bad result, and let's face it so have the majority of teams in this league. Don't get why fans are throwing toys out of the pram when we are in the playoffs

39 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

How can a league table show a false position in February?  Absolute nonsense.

Because 3 of the last 5 wins have come against the bottom 3 teams. 2 of which look down and out. We also look ******* dog shit at home. There is only so much luck you can ride in terms of last ditch defending. 

2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Ah another one with a crystal ball. People like you spouted the same crap weeks ago.

People like me  went to every game and have every programme from the dreaded 1982 season (and before) when we went bust and every season for years after when we plummeted to the 4th division...

People like me put my hard earned cash in to buy shares to rescue the club and were at Chester when we crawled our way back out of the basement and started our rise back up the divisions. That;s what people like me do

Been watching the club for 50 years and this is undoubtedly the most sterile and unambitious football we have played at home in that time and it is clearly not the players so what does that leave...

1 hour ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

for the sheer inability or even worse, the stubborn refusal to play anything remotely resembling coherent football at home....

The first is just not being up to it, the latter being worse but either way, the manager is culpable for the continuing dismal home performances, stretching back over 2 seasons now. Don't be fooled by 4 wins on the bounce, 3 of those were away where we able to play our keep it tight and hit them on the break stuff and frankly, Barnsley were very hard done by.

Now I know that we CAN play good football on occasion and that we do have players that are worth their 5 figure weekly wage packet which leads me to conclude that the dismal crap that we churn out week after week at home is by design/ coaching. I feel sorry for Fami and Nakhi Wells, we created nothing for them all night, Wells barely had a touch 

WE HAD NO MIDFIELD WHATSOEVER, Birmingham looked light years ahead of us football wise and there was only 1 team in it after 2 minutes. When is our manager going to learn that away tactics DO NOT WORK AT HOME WHERE WE HAVE TO TAKE THE GAME TO THE OPPONENTS. You have been rumbled sunshine and teams with any modicum of ability will continue to take us apart at home. Either go back to the drawing board and come up with a completely different home game plan or if not, get out

For anyone who can be bothered to watch, the thing that summed today up was at around 37 minutes where we had the ball about 30 yards out and you could literally see the players looking at each other as if to say what do we do.

The whole essence and ethos of our home performances are COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE - time for someone who can play the beautiful game....

A very brave thread, unfortunately because we have made small improvements in our league position it hides the fact that our performances especially at home have been lacklustre, nobody watching that tonight could have possibly thought we looked a top six side but because we are there are many that will overlook our obvious short comings, we are a team in Lees image weak in midfield and ponderous taking too long on the ball, it seems to work away but the paying customers at home must surely feel let down, patience is a virtue but mine sadly has run out.

2 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

People like me  went to every game and have every programme from the dreaded 1982 season (and before) when we went bust and every season for years after when we plummeted to the 4th division...

People like me put my hard earned cash in to buy shares to rescue the club and were at Chester when we crawled our way back out of the basement and started our rise back up the divisions. That;s what people like me do

Been watching the club for 50 years and this is undoubtedly the most sterile and unambitious football we have played at home in that time and it is clearly not the players so what does that leave...

Got to agree mate same here i know people say widemen or wingers are old fashionable and you need wingbacks but its no coincidence the foorball without the likes of walsh murray smith gavin or goodridge has been dire.

8 minutes ago, City 62 said:

Why would we be 13th in a months time, we could also be in the top two. Who knows ?we have one bad result, and let's face it so have the majority of teams in this league. Don't get why fans are throwing toys out of the pram when we are in the playoffs

One bad result yes, but how many decent performances? if results are everything for you great, I'm hoping for a bit more sorry.

4 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

That’s all great. Fair play to you. Totally irrelevant to my point though and completely disagree with your last point. Very hard to believe that one of the highest league positions we have been in that time is that bad. 

I never expected everyone to agree but for me, it is all about entertainment. Of course I want success and promotion but football is not about numbers, it is about talent and natural flair and ability, about exciting play which gets the crowd going..

Sadly, the life has been slowly sucked out of AG in the last 18 months with the sterile stuff we have been churning out and the atmosphere is dying. We need to play football that gets people out of their seats before it is too late and we end up playing in a "quiet" stadium

Right, I'm off to bed, thanks for everyone's contributions

1 hour ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

for the sheer inability or even worse, the stubborn refusal to play anything remotely resembling coherent football at home....

The first is just not being up to it, the latter being worse but either way, the manager is culpable for the continuing dismal home performances, stretching back over 2 seasons now. Don't be fooled by 4 wins on the bounce, 3 of those were away where we able to play our keep it tight and hit them on the break stuff and frankly, Barnsley were very hard done by.

Now I know that we CAN play good football on occasion and that we do have players that are worth their 5 figure weekly wage packet which leads me to conclude that the dismal crap that we churn out week after week at home is by design/ coaching. I feel sorry for Fami and Nakhi Wells, we created nothing for them all night, Wells barely had a touch 

WE HAD NO MIDFIELD WHATSOEVER, Birmingham looked light years ahead of us football wise and there was only 1 team in it after 2 minutes. When is our manager going to learn that away tactics DO NOT WORK AT HOME WHERE WE HAVE TO TAKE THE GAME TO THE OPPONENTS. You have been rumbled sunshine and teams with any modicum of ability will continue to take us apart at home. Either go back to the drawing board and come up with a completely different home game plan or if not, get out

For anyone who can be bothered to watch, the thing that summed today up was at around 37 minutes where we had the ball about 30 yards out and you could literally see the players looking at each other as if to say what do we do.

The whole essence and ethos of our home performances are COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE - time for someone who can play the beautiful game....

Absolutely.

10 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Has to be the most divisive manager ever. How many other teams who are 6th having just won four games in a row without conceding a goal would have fans calling for the managers sacking?

And yet I get it. 

Well. I would disagree. If other teams were playing so badly as ours and getting away with it by scraping away wins by heroic defending, they would be the same. They would be as worried as we are at how shit we actually are. 

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

Has to be the most divisive manager ever. How many other teams who are 6th having just won four games in a row without conceding a goal would have fans calling for the managers sacking?

And yet I get it. 

Lets not get to excited with who we beat we got our pants pulled down by brentford and couldnt even beat league 1 shrewsbury over 2 games,

I wouldnt mind losing if we actually played well or made an effort instead of the crap thats been going on most of the season performances havent been good enough and the manager has to take the blame for that.

Why was wells on the bench 15 goals 29 games for qpr this year also player the month and again no palmer in the squad yet 

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

But if we won tonight we'd be third in the table, just let that sink in for a moment, how can you sack a manager who has City in such a strong position?

We have a strong chance of making the play offs, yes we will lose games for sure and it's going to piss us all off royally, but LJ is still doing a fine job.  No need to call for his head.

The simple answer is that success is there for the taking. We constantly underperform and lose games we shouldn’t. We also win games we shouldn’t. 
the championship is savage but it is also pretty average across the division. If we had a more savvy management team I feel everything would be there for the taking. We have been bang average for the most part but still in with a sniff somehow. As a fan it feels that it’s the hope that kills you. It’s there for the taking but we seem incapable of grasping these opportunities. Weekend ruined and opportunity missed. Again.

Seriously? We are very close to automatic promotion and the manager of the last four + seasons should be sacked? That sounds crazy.

Would you prefer mid table or relegation zone but entertaining football? I completely agree that the football at AG over Johnson’s reign has been dire. Over last 25 years I’ve had a few seasons without season tickets. All those seasons were while Johnson junior and Johnson senior were managers. I admit I’m not a diehard but I’ve been there renewing my season ticket when times were tough. Ultimately I want to be entertained for my money. It’s not entertainment.

But we are close to promotion so there’s zero chance of Johnson being sacked.
It’s success over entertainment. 

Archived