IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

46 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

In lj interview on sky just before kickoff he claimed he had had a couple of offers to leave us from other clubs anyone know who these clubs were, I’m calling it bullshit.

Perhaps it was the gas ? at least he can be assured he will still be employed for the next five months 

4 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

That’s a pretty bonkers admission, really. Genuine question, then - it a personal thing? You just can’t stand him?

Or he can’t stand the general level of home league performance and entertainment value over the last few years. 

Speak to any fans apart from our own and they will tell you they think some of our fans are mad for wanting him out.

He is highly regarded outside of Ashton Gate so I am not surprised at all. And not surprised he didn’t take it as he’s got air support like he would get nowhere else.

3 minutes ago, One Team said:

Speak to any fans apart from our own and they will tell you they think some of our fans are mad for wanting him out.

He is highly regarded outside of Ashton Gate so I am not surprised at all. And not surprised he didn’t take it as he’s got air support like he would get nowhere else.

Highly regarded outside of AG. I’m not saying he is, I’m not saying he isn’t, but what are you evidencing that on? Because it sounds like a throwaway easy to make comment to me.

Sounds like a man trying to protect his own reputation. Nothing wrong with that but I judge him by what he does, not what he says...and last night's shambles tells you much of what you need to know about Lee Johnson. Can't imagine many clubs looked at that and though 'ooh, maybe Lee could do that for us!'

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Highly regarded outside of AG. I’m not saying he is, I’m not saying he isn’t, but what are you evidencing that on? Because it sounds like a throwaway easy to make comment to me.

Just about every fan of another club I know and every opposing fan interview on OSIB. 

Not saying I agree either BTW!

What I don't understand is our fans certainly don't support city as a glory team like a man u or man city etc so surely they are supporting city as a local team and for entertainment value. 

I am certainly in the Johnson out camp but have to admit the league position is good but I want to be entertained not just try and scrape results. Can anyone honestly find the way we play entertaining 

26 minutes ago, One Team said:

Who’s he regarded highly by ?

4 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

No embarrassing someone still wants him gone when we could go 3rd. Clearly a personal thing... Why’s it hard to believe he’s had offers? Look where we were 4 years ago to now. You can’t exactly say he’s made it up when you have no idea yourself.

shock you’re active on the forum again by the way.

If he had coached a group of players over those last 4 years and built a team and playing philosophy, then I would give him the credit. But no, he has been given everything on a plate, signed 50? players and spent more money than any other City manager. SL has given him everything he has asked, but tactically he is unable to compete against other managers, even though he has players these other managers would love to have.

On a personal level, I find him arrogant and embarrassing, some of the stuff he says goes right through me, and the way he blames everyone else for his own inability is excruciating. 

Archived