IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

6 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Entitled bullshit as per. 

We haven't finished this high, this consistently since Alan Dicks was manager. 

Something for nothing society. Never grateful for progress, never grateful for loyalty, never grateful for anything.

Boomers. Destroying everything. Worst generation ever. 

I'm sorry you're feeling so angry! I don't understand why everyone on this forum can't accept that everyone else here is a die-hard City fan and wants the club to do well. I was supporting City before Lee Johnson was born and I'll be here long after he has gone.

None of us are entitled...if we were we'd be very disappointed! I've dragged myself around the lower leagues for decades, we now have the investment and playing squad to finally make a push back to the top - after 40 years...40 years! More or less my whole adult life! 

If you take time to read the considered posts of his critics on here you'll understand why some think Johnson is the wrong man, in the wrong job...

...or you could just get angry and shouty.

5 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Something for nothing society. Never grateful for progress, never grateful for loyalty, never grateful for anything.

Loyalty? 

Might take you seriously when you've done 50 straight seasons following City in all 4 divisions.

Pathetic.

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Hi @BobBobSuperBob haven’t seen you on here during the winning streak? 

I’ve been reading aplenty, just can’t be arsed to get involved 

I’m amazed you can type with your head up someone’s arse

You don’t make a single sensible comment or football post but attack anyone who dares speak against your man love

Even as a relative newbie here - cringeworthy tbh

30 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Are you ok, hun?

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He might well have done, it’s not an absurd suggestion. He’s done well improving players and selling them on. He’s networked pretty extensively during his career. Wouldn’t surprise me if a bigger team - in this country or abroad - wanted him as a coach or as part of the youth set up.

Firstly, I’m not LJ in or out.  Think he’s doing a decent / good job.  The big question for me is whether he’s doing better than you’d expect with the resources he’s got / been given.  I don’t know the answer to it.  In some ways yes, in some ways no.  He certainly divides opinion.

There was talk about West Brom a couple of seasons back, but we don’t know how true that was.  I actually think it would be good for his development to go in as a second in command at a big club, or even England.  I could see him being discussed.  Can’t see Lee ever accepting it though should an offer come.  He wants to be in charge.

50 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Genuine question, whose he improved?

Iv’e heard Webster and Kelly mentioned,  but Webster was a class act when he came here, he  then played with better players than he had at Ipswich. Brighton had loads of cash to spend and took him from us. 

Kelly, was coached by the Academy coaches to get to the level he was at, LJ hardly played him. 

LJ has gambled with signing players over a 4 year period, sometimes they come off, sometimes not. There is no plan, it’s signing players for the sake of it, iit should be all about having a plan and signing players to fit into that plan. I would say that with the players he has bought in and the money he has spent, he is failing miserably.  

This is a tough one to judge.  As a massive generalisation, the types of players mentioned when discussing “LJ has improved them’ typically are players on a natural upward development progression, because they were young when they were brought in.  So it is difficult to judge one way or the other whether it’s down to Lee or not.  Would we not expect Brownhill to have improved.

I suppose a counter argument would be has he made improvements to players 25+.  

47 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Reid

Playing a bit devil’s advocate here, but was it coaching or was it opportunity?  Let’s not forget Reid was a striker all the way through his youth days, so knew the position to a large extent.  Personally, I do think you have to give Lee credit here, but I do think it’s more about identifying a position to get the best out of him, against a backdrop of injured strikers (Djúric and Taylor) over pre-season, and boy did he take it.

In summary I think there are arguments for and against many of the questions we pose.  In a funny kind of way, he gives the LJ in group ammunition when things are going well, and ditto the LJ out group when it’s not going well.

This season is his ultimate chance.  We entered the final 16 games (before last night) in 6th place with the transfer window strengthening the squad.  He was given everything he needed.  I hope we stay there.  Unless someone beneath us has a barnstorming run, I think finishing out of the top 6 will be disappointing.  Should it cost him his job.  Probably not, depending on the manner we finish the season.

5 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Can’t say I have read anything you’ve said and found it remotely interesting either. Thanks for your feedback though x

...hmm. I think any poster on OTIB who can say that @Nogbad the Bad has never posted anything interesting either hasn't been here very long or doesn't read much. One of the more respected and insightful posters over many many years.

3 hours ago, glen humphries said:

In lj interview on sky just before kickoff he claimed he had had a couple of offers to leave us from other clubs anyone know who these clubs were, I’m calling it bullshit.

Well, aren't we the lucky ones?

It's so good of him to stay.

Talk about blowing your own trumpet. More like trumping from his arse-hole.

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Someone’s rattled. Bless.

could say the same to you, because I think he’s doing a good job and stick up for him against the nonsense (in my opinion) people like you say I am “cringeworthy” and in love with him.

and the only reason you can’t be “arsed” to get involved is because over the last few weeks it’s been positive on here. You’re only interested in the negative.

You are completely blind, and .........obsessed 

You are also someone who describes our players as ‘donkies’

LJ has IMHO done a reasonable job here , not great , and missed opportunities , he has many reoccurring flaws and is far from the messiah you try and paint him

Negative .....Nah 

Realist........yep

I try and see the pros and cons in LJ as any player or major Club part

Your postings , and a couple of fellow posters , are really quite strange 

When you post something interesting about a particular game or player (Labelling a player a ‘donkey’ doesn’t count btw)  rather than repeatedly post the same drivel , or spend every day attacking and rowing anyone who dare question any aspect of LJ ........ I’ll look forward to reading it 

As a pretty new one here , you have plenty to say about other posters

Shame you can’t find a fiver 

Paper rounds ain’t what they were....

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

8th best European manager under the age of 40. Fact. 

Not my words Glen, the words of 442 magazine. 

Bout time he started to prove it then?...........we were tactically naive today, and I regard his team selection and substitutions in this game, as misguided, and not to the standard required for the 8th Euro manager under 40.  (Today's managerial performance is more akin to his IQ than his age?}

2 hours ago, One Team said:

Speak to any fans apart from our own and they will tell you they think some of our fans are mad for wanting him out.

He is highly regarded outside of Ashton Gate so I am not surprised at all. And not surprised he didn’t take it as he’s got air support like he would get nowhere else.

Fans outside of AG who don’t have to endure ? week in week out 

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

If he had coached a group of players over those last 4 years and built a team and playing philosophy, then I would give him the credit. But no, he has been given everything on a plate, signed 50? players and spent more money than any other City manager. SL has given him everything he has asked, but tactically he is unable to compete against other managers, even though he has players these other managers would love to have.

On a personal level, I find him arrogant and embarrassing, some of the stuff he says goes right through me, and the way he blames everyone else for his own inability is excruciating. 

You forgot the smug smirk mind!

Issue is for LJ is that, the team are averaging less shots per home game than Ipswich did under McCarthy. 

Yet the latter is the one who got booted for playing 'boring football' and had absolutely no money to spend. Yet still managed to sign a certain Adam Webster. 

McCarthy at least had a gameplan and got a team organised. Id actually like him to be manager when the season is out. Failing that Adkins. 

Also - people say LJ has developed players - but what is the actual proof? Outside of Brownhill, there isnt one. 

- Reid, he changed his position, even Cotts said if Bobby could learn how to finish he would be a multi-million pound player, LJ was forced to play him up front. Yet as soon as Fammy was fit again, Bobby was smashed straight back into midfield as a CAM, we lost the press that made us effective, and bottled the playoffs. 

- Bryan, for me, great player, but not a fullback, Cotts helped develop him the most and got much more consistency from him. 

- Kelly, actually got worse training with first team over the course of the season and lost form, Im still not sure why Bournemouth signed him when likely needing another season in the second tier. 

- Webster, there was always a player there, our medical staff get probs for getting him a decent pre season, Credit to Steve Allen who I think we still miss, injuries have been a recurring theme this season. 

Besides the above is there anyone who LJ has bought on as a player? Eliasson maybe, but thats more been physical conditioning to get him up to snuff.

As for youth development besides Kelly? 

Id honestly say that I think O'Leary, Moore, Morrell, and Jonny Smith could all easily be squad players. 

Instead we've signed the likes of Williams, Benkovic, Henrikson, Rodri, Watkins (who I think we should have sold). Granted Williams has proven a fairly astute bit of business. 

It just strikes me as a very short term type of plan of cramming the best available players we can like this is the season when we've decided to go for it.

Then you have the team selections and squad rotation, too many changes when we lose, and not enough when we win (Smith and Weimann in particularly). 

I dont think LJ is up to it. Sorry. 

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Highly regarded outside of AG. I’m not saying he is, I’m not saying he isn’t, but what are you evidencing that on? Because it sounds like a throwaway easy to make comment to me.

Fairly reasonable conclusion to draw based on the fact that he's improved the club's league standing after every season, and this is our third season running that top six has been a genuine possibility. And a demonstrable track record of improving players and turning them into large transfer fees.

But above all we're still seen as a little club that LJ has got punching well above our weight, and when you look at the 'big' teams below us it's not all that surprising. I'd be more shocked if he hadn't had any offers to be honest.

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Yeah I laughed a little at that. He had to drop that in there.

He’s his own biggest fan.

He said that !??..I'm the eighth best manager under 40??

Bloody hell....has to be an element of tongue in cheek I guess but even then its embarrassing -  I'm embarrassed for him..

Lacks humility big time.....

9 minutes ago, Fuber said:

even Cotts said if Bobby could learn how to finish he would be a multi-million pound player

The same Cotts who was going to release Bobby? Shows Cotts' faith in his coaching ability that he was going to release someone who he thought could be a multi-million pound player

4 hours ago, glen humphries said:

In lj interview on sky just before kickoff he claimed he had had a couple of offers to leave us from other clubs anyone know who these clubs were, I’m calling it bullshit.

Not this season but in the time he's been BC manager he's had offers from Leeds and villa.

(I don't know that's fact but it was a reliable source)

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He might well have done, it’s not an absurd suggestion. He’s done well improving players and selling them on. He’s networked pretty extensively during his career. Wouldn’t surprise me if a bigger team - in this country or abroad - wanted him as a coach or as part of the youth set up.

But why would he feel the need to share that with us? Is he suggesting we don’t realise how lucky we are?

7 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

He said that !??..I'm the eighth best manager under 40??

He didn’t say that

10 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

Not this season but in the time he's been BC manager he's had offers from Leeds and villa.

I thought the rumour was that he put himself forward for the Villa role as opposed to being offered it. 

1 hour ago, One man went.... said:

He had offers from Aldi and Lidl... They are looking for shelf stackers.The man is a deluded fool, he is not even the best manager in our football club. I would give Tinnion and Murray a go

Just when you think the posts here can't get anymore embarrassing.

I expect to see this on GasChat sometime soon.

2 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Great, we’re back to slaughtering Johnson after 4 wins on the bounce...

That is one way of looking at it. Another way is the criticism is based on his overall performance of boom or bust over the 4 years he’s been with the club. I’m sure he said he needed 3 transfer windows to get the team he wanted. Well, it’s a lot more than that and most of the fans don’t know what the best team, formation or tactics are and I’m sure LJ doesn’t either. 

26 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

I had offers to manage Barcelona and Bayern Munich...You won't know that's a fact either.

If either of those clubs had invited him he would have jumped at the chance and who could blame him.

Fact is, he has never been definitely linked with a good job has he, its all spin coming from his oversized ego.

People in the game know better than otib posters which is why BCFC is the best gig he will ever get..

Archived