IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

2 hours ago, J-mat said:

Been quiet whilst we were winning. One loss and out of the woodwork they all come.

Saboteurs more than supporters. A stain on our club. 

Honestly, when we go up under Lee, and we will eventually. I hope not one of you gets even a sniff of enjoyment out of it. 

£20. Winner chooses the charity. 

4 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

And Scott Murray. Yes I am serious he was not ready last time. But he is older and wiser now . And could actually play the game. Don't embarrass yourself anymore mate please and crawl back up LJ's ass if that is where you are most comfortable.. Each to their own sweety

...and you're 100% sure he would do a better job?

*no need for the insults either.

6 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

Sorry for the insult but you started it mucker.. Nothing is sure in this world but we are going nowhere at the moment

Had we won last night we would have been sat in 3rd place right now, just 2 points behind 2nd placed Leeds. If Preston don't get 3 points at Wigan today, we'll still be in 6th place tonight.

How can you say we are 'going nowhere'?

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I'm sorry you're feeling so angry! I don't understand why everyone on this forum can't accept that everyone else here is a die-hard City fan and wants the club to do well. I was supporting City before Lee Johnson was born and I'll be here long after he has gone.

None of us are entitled...if we were we'd be very disappointed! I've dragged myself around the lower leagues for decades, we now have the investment and playing squad to finally make a push back to the top - after 40 years...40 years! More or less my whole adult life! 

If you take time to read the considered posts of his critics on here you'll understand why some think Johnson is the wrong man, in the wrong job...

...or you could just get angry and shouty.

You aren't special because you're old. 

I've supported this club through thick and thin, all over the country for 24 years. Went to my first game 26 years ago. 

Doesn't make me any more correct or wrong. It's absolutely irrelevant. 

He is the right man. He's been the right man. He will continue to be the right man. 

Thankfully more qualified people than you agree with me. I'll back Lansdown's decision making and approach to success over some nobodies on forum any day of the week, tah.

5 minutes ago, J-mat said:

You aren't special because you're old. 

I've supported this club through thick and thin, all over the country for 24 years. Went to my first game 26 years ago. 

Doesn't make me any more correct or wrong. It's absolutely irrelevant. 

He is the right man. He's been the right man. He will continue to be the right man. 

Thankfully more qualified people than you agree with me. I'll back Lansdown's decision making and approach to success over some nobodies on forum any day of the week, tah.

Why on earth are you so aggressive? Very strange. Ah well. But to be clear I'm not suggesting that I am 'special' - and I don't consider myself that 'old'. I was simply pointing out that no one who follows a frustratingly unsuccessful football club for 40 years can be considered 'entitled'. 

You have made not one justification for your views on Lee Johnson - fine. I happen to think you are wrong. I've explained why many times in the past, at length.

Let's face it, we are all 'nobodies' on this forum. But the people I know personally who post here are all highly successful and highly intelligent, so I work on the assumption that behind their anonymity might lie some really interesting and well informed folk.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Genuine question, whose he improved?

Iv’e heard Webster and Kelly mentioned,  but Webster was a class act when he came here, he  then played with better players than he had at Ipswich. Brighton had loads of cash to spend and took him from us. 

Kelly, was coached by the Academy coaches to get to the level he was at, LJ hardly played him. 

LJ has gambled with signing players over a 4 year period, sometimes they come off, sometimes not. There is no plan, it’s signing players for the sake of it, iit should be all about having a plan and signing players to fit into that plan. I would say that with the players he has bought in and the money he has spent, he is failing miserably.  

Depends how you view it really, from the club's perspective - players bought into the club and then sold for a profit would probably be viewed as ones that Johnson has improved. 

Off the top of my head - the following players have noticeably improved under Johnson

• Kelly
  • Webster
  • Brownhill
  • Reid
  • Eliasson
  • Diedhiou

There's probably more than that I could think of but just writing this quickly. Improvement is quite a subjective thing because some will argue, and it's a valid point, that Kelly for example was already coached by the academy.

I think to counter that though the buck ultimately stops with the manager and a players improvement is the sum of the parts of academy coaches they've had over the years, u23 football, loans and ultimately first team games. As one example, there's loads of people who could take credit for parts of Kelly's development - right down to his family. I think it's a bit picky to suggest Johnson wasn't responsible for his improvement, because ultimately Johnson was the manager when we sold Kelly for a huge profit having blooded him in the first team.

8 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Why on earth are you so aggressive? Very strange. Ah well. But to be clear I'm not suggesting that I am 'special' - and I don't consider myself that 'old'. I was simply pointing out that no one who follows a frustratingly unsuccessful football club for 40 years can be considered 'entitled'. 

You have made not one justification for your views on Lee Johnson - fine. I happen to think you are wrong. I've explained why many times in the past, at length.

Let's face it, we are all 'nobodies' on this forum. But the people I know personally who post here are all highly successful and highly intelligent, so I work on the assumption that behind their anonymity might lie some really interesting and well informed folk.

If you consider that to be aggressive then you're quite a sheltered individual. 

I've also explained why many times before. 

Our league position being the main one. It's the best it's been for a lifetime. This IS success for a club of our stature. We aren't important, we have no discernable history, we have no great fanbase. We are in a backwater that has produced the least England internationals of all the region's. (That's a stat I read a few years ago, and I can't find it to verify, apologies. Don't usually like to post things that can't be backed up straight away.) 

This is as good as it's been. Why not enjoy it for what it is? Do you not remember Derek McInnes and Keith Millen?! Do you not remember Tinnion, Wilson (failing in the division below), Pulis? Osman? 

That's why it's entitled. Because you honestly think we deserve better than the best we've ever had it? (Again, in recent memory, the 70's don't count anymore and let's be honest about those years, they almost cost us our club in the end.)

I apologise if I've offended you. I'm offended by you and people like you dragging the club down with negativity. I'm offended that a period of consolidation and steady progress is not good enough for people. 

4 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

No embarrassing someone still wants him gone when we could go 3rd. Clearly a personal thing... Why’s it hard to believe he’s had offers? Look where we were 4 years ago to now. You can’t exactly say he’s made it up when you have no idea yourself.

shock you’re active on the forum again by the way.

Were still playing in the same league and still bottling play off position in the last 3 years.

Embarrassing that people want him gone :laugh: its more embarrassing people still stuck on repeat with their tongues up his ass 

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Highly regarded outside of AG. I’m not saying he is, I’m not saying he isn’t, but what are you evidencing that on? Because it sounds like a throwaway easy to make comment to me.

Sounds like the opposite to me...More of a come and get me!

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

I had offers to manage Barcelona and Bayern Munich...You won't know that's a fact either.

If either of those clubs had invited him he would have jumped at the chance and who could blame him.

Fact is, he has never been definitely linked with a good job has he, its all spin coming from his oversized ego.

People in the game know better than otib posters which is why BCFC is the best gig he will ever get..

You don't like him, that's fair enough.....you're an idiot, you've given me proof of that.

13 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Our league position being the main one. It's the best it's been for a lifetime. This IS success for a club of our stature. We aren't important, we have no discernable history, we have no great fanbase. We are in a backwater that has produced the least England internationals of all the region's. (That's a stat I read a few years ago, and I can't find it to verify, apologies. Don't usually like to post things that can't be backed up straight away.) 

This is as good as it's been. Why not enjoy it for what it is? Do you not remember Derek McInnes and Keith Millen?! Do you not remember Tinnion, Wilson (failing in the division below), Pulis? Osman? 

That's why it's entitled. Because you honestly think we deserve better than the best we've ever had it? (Again, in recent memory, the 70's don't count anymore and let's be honest about those years, they almost cost us our club in the end.)

I apologise if I've offended you. I'm offended by you and people like you dragging the club down with negativity. I'm offended that a period of consolidation and steady progress is not good enough for people. 

Well, I'm really not a sheltered individual, and I don't consider that I'm having any influence on the club at all, I don't even think I'm being negative. I think Lee Johnson is out of his depth...but otherwise the club is in good health. A decent manager is the final piece in the jigsaw - for me. Could be wrong of course and LJ could lead us to glory. 

I'm sure if we sat down and discussed this we'd get on fine. 

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Depends how you view it really, from the club's perspective - players bought into the club and then sold for a profit would probably be viewed as ones that Johnson has improved. 

Off the top of my head - the following players have noticeably improved under Johnson

• Kelly - Actually got worse the longer he was in the first team until dropped completely, don't understand why 'muff signed him.
  • Webster - Was already class but bogged by injuries (see Portmouth fans opinion when signed), credit to Ashton taking the chance to suggest the signing, but developing him? No.
  • Brownhill - The only real contender.
  • Reid - Position change, Cotts scouted that there was player there, otherwise by the time LJ comes in BR would have already been shipped.
  • Eliasson - The fitness coaches and physio get credit here, as a players its been more tied into the increased playing time in relation to improvement, I'd argue LJ actually doesnt trust him enough.
  • Diedhiou - Eh, No. He's in another hot patch of form granted, but Fammy needs to keep this up to the end of the season.

There's probably more than that I could think of but just writing this quickly. Improvement is quite a subjective thing because some will argue, and it's a valid point, that Kelly for example was already coached by the academy.

I think to counter that though the buck ultimately stops with the manager and a players improvement is the sum of the parts of academy coaches they've had over the years, u23 football, loans and ultimately first team games. As one example, there's loads of people who could take credit for parts of Kelly's development - right down to his family. I think it's a bit picky to suggest Johnson wasn't responsible for his improvement, because ultimately Johnson was the manager when we sold Kelly for a huge profit having blooded him in the first team. - Yet LJ has been given signings with a track record of potential and failed to trust them nor development, he ultimately gives the responsibility to other managers, i.e. Taylor Moore, Morrell, Walsh, Eisa, Szmodics, Engvall, among others.

All the players we've sold onto a profit, bar Brownhill, were either with us for less than 12 months (Webster), Academy (Bryan, Reid, Kelly), or not signed by LJ (Kodjia).

23 minutes ago, J-mat said:

I think for many, that is the frustration.....that it ought to be better.  We were bloody awful last night.  The game took so long to come around, the anticipation was there in the crowd.....and we were crap.

This is a talented squad, technical too, yet we can’t play a brand of football conducive to that.  It’s a bit patternless....especially at home.

As it stands we are possibly about to drop to 7th (although Wigan just got a goal back ?), still well in it.  But it feels worse.  It feels terribly frustrating.  It’s not entitlement.

As it stands. These are facts.
We've lost just one game more than league leaders WBA
We've lost one less game than Brentford.
We are currently (14:08 Sat 8/2/20) level on points with Preston (6th) and Brentford (5th) who both play today at 3pm.
No matter what happens today (barring a Wigan win), we will be in 7th place tonight.

Is our problem/situation/position really that bad?

5 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We are currently (14:08 Sat 8/2/20) level on points with Preston (6th) and Brentford (5th) who both play today at 3pm.
No matter what happens today (barring a Wigan win), we will be in 7th place tonight.

For what it’s worth - at 14.08hrs we have dropped out the top six already (So your facts are flawed !)

Without fixating on league positions & Much more importantly ,

do you think the head coach has

a) Any form of plan 

b) Is Maximising the resources and squad he has at his disposal

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We are in a fantastic position. I am really confused by how over the top most are on here. I'd expect these comments if we were about 10 or so places lower than we are.

Archived