IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

47 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We are at the stage in our development where we need to either ‘ shit or get off the pot ‘ .

I very much believe that SL has backed the manager 100% to enable us to have a good crack at promotion.

If Lee doesn’t deliver at least a play off spot then I believe we need to take the risk of changing the head coach in the summer . 

Your comment about top ‘ managers ‘ not wanting to come here is nonsense. First of all we aren’t going to bring in a ‘ manager ‘ but a head coach and the modern way is the system that we are using .

Dinosaur ‘ managers ‘ need not apply but progressive experienced coaches would give their eye teeth to work under SL .

IF we were to get rid of LJ and I don't think we will even if we don't finish top 6 then unfortunately I think the next manager is already at the club.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

We are at the stage in our development where we need to either ‘ shit or get off the pot ‘ .

I very much believe that SL has backed the manager 100% to enable us to have a good crack at promotion.

If Lee doesn’t deliver at least a play off spot then I believe we need to take the risk of changing the head coach in the summer . 

Your comment about top ‘ managers ‘ not wanting to come here is nonsense. First of all we aren’t going to bring in a ‘ manager ‘ but a head coach and the modern way is the system that we are using .

Dinosaur ‘ managers ‘ need not apply but progressive experienced coaches would give their eye teeth to work under SL .

OK to put it a different way which top managers/head coaches have we had apply for here previously on the numerous occasions we were out for a new one?

1 hour ago, hollydog said:

Why do some (by not means all) of you feel the need to be quite so aggressive to fellow fans (and our manager). 

Because this is a power struggle, and it's about who is right. Lee Johnson and Bristol City a mere sideshow, a prop. It's not embarrassing, it's not unusual, and it's all very human and thoroughly entertaining.

So, now that's cleared up (and I'm right about this, incidentally), back to the fray.....

3 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

if the home and away form was reversed the venom towards LJ would be next to non exsistant. 

Sadly the home form fails to excite the hardest supporter and whilst this remains the case the question about LJ will continue to arise. 

It’s frustrating.  If I thought our away form will hold up at the current rate (28pts / 16 games), 12 more points from 7 away games, we are still gonna need an uplift at home, probably 13/14 points from 8 more home games.  That away form needs to find a way of working at home....or find a new way.

3 hours ago, TomF said:

At OTIB we continue to set new levels

Your fault, pull the plug on the server ???

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, because I don’t know, was that shortlisting from the clubs themselves or the media / bookies?

From the clubs themselves. 

With Villa it was before Bruce was appointed, he was on their last list of 10 candidates I believe.

Edit for clarity- IIRC, that was a list of managers they wanted, rather than who applied. And I believe LJ was even asked about it in a press conference. 

LJ signed a new contract here shortly after.

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

IF we were to get rid of LJ and I don't think we will even if we don't finish top 6 then unfortunately I think the next manager is already at the club.

I am not so sure now . I think if SL decides to part company with LJ it won’t be to replicate the experience but to bring in a ‘ proven ‘ head coach , someone who has got a club promoted to the Prem , all within the boundaries of FFP. 

On 08/02/2020 at 07:10, glen humphries said:

In lj interview on sky just before kickoff he claimed he had had a couple of offers to leave us from other clubs anyone know who these clubs were, I’m calling it bullshit.

Has anyone got a link to the clip? I've just realised this is a 5 page thread where it sounds like very few people (myself included) have actually heard what was said and in what context.

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

OK to put it a different way which top managers/head coaches have we had apply for here previously on the numerous occasions we were out for a new one?

It would be naive of the club and the candidates to announce their interest knowing that only one person would be successful leaving the others looking like losers. 

We don’t know who’s been sounded out or put themselves forward for the post . 

May be top coaches were put off at the time by where we were. Maybe SL has seen that we need to invest in a more experienced successful coach to achieve his dream of Prem football in Bristol. Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am not so sure now . I think if SL decides to part company with LJ it won’t be to replicate the experience but to bring in a ‘ proven ‘ head coach , someone who has got a club promoted to the Prem , all within the boundaries of FFP. 

I would like to think so but not confident.

In his dreams. He is well known as billy BS and has been given more money, time and patience that anyone else. The style of football is putting others off too. Only SL  is blind to reality of the biggest con act in football. He is seen as a a coach, an under 23 coach, a number 2. Maybe his time will come in 10 years when he has more experience. He does work hard and believes in himself. But the football world has his number right now. After City he will end up in the lower leagues or as a coach of a youth team . 

3 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

In his dreams. He is well known as billy BS and has been given more money, time and patience that anyone else. The style of football is putting others off too. Only SL  is blind to reality of the biggest con act in football. He is seen as a a coach, an under 23 coach, a number 2. Maybe his time will come in 10 years when he has more experience. He does work hard and believes in himself. But the football world has his number right now. After City he will end up in the lower leagues or as a coach of a youth team . 

Think that’s pretty harsh. After us I think it’ll be a biggish team in League 1 or low level Championship. Or who knows a coaching position in the Prem, but I get the impression he wouldn’t take a support role. Could be wrong though.  St. George’s Park not out of the question either. 

51 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

From the clubs themselves. 

With Villa it was before Bruce was appointed, he was on their last list of 10 candidates I believe.

Edit for clarity- IIRC, that was a list of managers they wanted, rather than who applied. And I believe LJ was even asked about it in a press conference. 

LJ signed a new contract here shortly after.

Thanks.  Can only find newspaper and pundit suggestion on the interweb....was hoping to find something from Villa themselves.  Unusual for a club to come out and say.  

7 hours ago, weepywall said:

Sadly, probably true (and I think we know to whom you are referring).

But on the plus side, they can't possibly be as negative.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I fear that you are wrong. 

He has his little team of yes men. One of those, and I think we know which one, would take over.

To be honest, I'm so sick of Johnson' s turgid, negative tactics, throwing players under the bus that he gives no chance to, and basic lack of any desire to entertain, that I would actually welcome that change tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

Absolutely.

4 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

Maybe in your head - haven't heard it before.  And who, in the "football world" do you know that has "his number" as you put it?

On 08/02/2020 at 08:28, Littlesh*t said:

What I don't understand is our fans certainly don't support city as a glory team like a man u or man city etc so surely they are supporting city as a local team and for entertainment value. 

I am certainly in the Johnson out camp but have to admit the league position is good but I want to be entertained not just try and scrape results. Can anyone honestly find the way we play entertaining 

Let Lee entertain you.

Archived