IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

20 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Correct. Johnson’s CV shows year on year improvement despite losing best players AND turning a profit........

He would walk into another job

Thread had deviated a bit but back on point, what offers did he receive without any guesswork or ambiguity ?

He may or may not walk into another job, but what job would that be and how can you or others prove it ?

I couldn't prove that he would not have a queue of suitors either, but that's not the point of the OP is it.

I think if he had an offer which would further him professionally and/or financially he would jump ship and nobody should blame him for that. The fact that he is still around tells me that he hasn't had such offers, but no way for either side of the argument to prove their case.

One thing I think people on either side might agree upon is that it was an ill advised statement to make publicly.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Thread had deviated a bit but back on point, what offers did he receive without any guesswork or ambiguity ?

He may or may not walk into another job, but what job would that be and how can you or others prove it ?

I couldn't prove that he would not have a queue of suitors either, but that's not the point of the OP is it.

I think if he had an offer which would further him professionally and/or financially he would jump ship and nobody should blame him for that. The fact that he is still around tells me that he hasn't had such offers, but no way for either side of the argument to prove their case.

One thing I think people on either side might agree upon is that it was an ill advised statement to make publicly.

Forgive me, but i didn't get the details of this at the time. How did Lee say this, and in what context? I never got to actually hear it for myself. Was it out of the blue, or in answer to something the interviewer said? Anyone know?

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

I was told countless times that LJ would take us down...

Then i was told we'd always be in relegation battle...

Now they just pipe up when we lose a game.

Yeah don’t pretend he wasn’t an uninspiring appointment at the start. He has surprised us all 

54 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Yeah don’t pretend he wasn’t an uninspiring appointment at the start. He has surprised us all 

I dont need to pretend anything. He was exactly who i wanted appointed.

Not a "proven" (proven to fail) manager

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's as much, if not more, to do with our home record/performances than it is the man himself. 

Simplistic, but if you swapped our home and away records and so more supporters were seeing more wins then the current level of scepticism wouldn't be as severe.

Alternatively, if you are saying that no matter how well LJ was doing on the pitch his detractors would still be as prevalent then that's just a sad indictment of those people's personal dislike of the bloke and their views should be given short shrift.

Don't think you can say the first two sentences as fact mate, don't agree myself, but as for the final sentence, that's exactly what I'm saying, because the facts - good league position yet a disproportionate number of detractors - does bear that out.

As for your final few words, that's your view, but it's only your view. Johnson isn't who I would choose as manager, I don't dislike him but there are certain characteristics that many clearly find a combination of irritating/embarrassing/hilarious. For a manager of anything, somebody who is supposed to be a leader, that is not a good thing. If for example the David Brents, picking on individual players and ridiculous antics such as grass measuring were dispensed with, I could probably take him more seriously, irrespective of league position.

On 12/02/2020 at 12:09, cheese said:

I have, and they haven't.  So, at the risk of repeating myself, who?

On 12/02/2020 at 08:03, Kid in the Riot said:

Why don't you just give us the names? Or even the number of people that work in professional football who you've spoken to and they've given you a direct view on LJ.

Thanks, in advance.

On 11/02/2020 at 23:54, Psychopomp said:

Oh many, many many many. Ask around, it won't take you long. 

We're still waiting @Psychopomp...in your own time, champ.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We're still waiting @Psychopomp...in your own time, champ.

I'm still waiting to hear who is making the offer. Champ.  In your own time . Name them . Who when and where. You cannot. Just as I am not going to put on here the names of well known people  . In terms of numbers I have spoken to in pro football, well it is in the hundreds. LJ missed his boat 2 years ago. It was a different story then, and it was anticipated that was the beginning. It sadly was not, for both him and BCFC. If you think he is building a footballing dynasty then good on you. After the win last night, those offers will be flying in now won't they. What does Jamie think ? 

17 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

I'm still waiting to hear who is making the offer. Champ.  In your own time . Name them . Who when and where. You cannot. Just as I am not going to put on here the names of well known people  . In terms of numbers I have spoken to in pro football, well it is in the hundreds. LJ missed his boat 2 years ago. It was a different story then, and it was anticipated that was the beginning. It sadly was not, for both him and BCFC. If you think he is building a footballing dynasty then good on you. After the win last night, those offers will be flying in now won't they. What does Jamie think ? 

Bottled it ?

What an absolute billy bullshitter you are. 

32 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

You've personally spoken to hundreds of people involved in the pro game?  

That 70S Show Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Archived