IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For what it’s worth - at 14.08hrs we have dropped out the top six already (So your facts are flawed !)

Without fixating on league positions & Much more importantly ,

do you think the head coach has

a) Any form of plan 

b) Is Maximising the resources and squad he has at his disposal

It doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. That won't change anything. We are where we are and the play-offs were the minimum requirement this season and we are just outside the zone on goal difference.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For what it’s worth - at 14.08hrs we have dropped out the top six already

Without fixating on league positions & Much more importantly ,

do you think the head coach has

a) Any form of plan 

b) Is Maximising the resources and squad he has at his disposal

C) any idea how to play an entertaining brand of football every once in a while that engages the home crowd who pay a lot of money to watch the turgid football that’s usually on offer game after game! 

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

It doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. That won't change anything. We are where we are and the play-offs were the minimum requirement this season and we are just outside the zone on goal difference.

As you are so vocal for him I was interested in your answers , but never mind , why bother 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As you are so vocal for him I was interested in your answers , but never mind , why bother 

What makes you think I support him? I'm happy with where we are in the league.

If everyone here loved the bloke but we were in the bottom half whilst playing pretty football, would you be any happier?

Bottom line for me every time I come down to Ashton Gate. I am either bored or tired.

I am bored of the slow build up play

I am tired that we have 11 players on the pitch who look like they have never met previously

I am tired that not one single player attempts to make a run forward with the ball

I am bored with the easy choice of launching a long ball

I am tired of the same individuals picked week in and week out by Johnson when they have been off form for so long

I am bored that we do not press the opposition

I am tired of Johnson's David Brent's language post games.

I see no point sacking Johnson now. We may as well keep with him until the end of the season and see where we are. Fail to make the top 6, he has to leave. It's quite simple as that for me. He's had more than enough resources to put together a very good side who can play very good football. Last night proved once more no matter what tools you give Lee, the result will always be the same. 

8 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

What makes you think I support him? I'm happy with where we are in the league.

If everyone here loved the bloke but we were in the bottom half whilst playing pretty football, would you be any happier?

Floating around the edge of the play offs (What prospect would you give us if we did make them)  means little

If we were clear of any relegation danger , and playing something resembling any hint of cohesive football and any hint of entertainment absolutely I would

Not only are we stumbling and fumbling at an opportunity of a decade we are ridiculously turgid and boring to watch and after four years can hardly sting half a dozen passes together

How many saves did Lee Camp have to make last night 

As this is a thread about the head coach , have a stab at my two questions ?

45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Floating around the edge of the play offs (What prospect would you give us if we did make them)  means little

If we were clear of any relegation danger , and playing something resembling any hint of cohesive football and any hint of entertainment absolutely I would

Not only are we stumbling and fumbling at an opportunity of a decade we are ridiculously turgid and boring to watch and after four years can hardly sting half a dozen passes together

How many saves did Lee Camp have to make last night 

....but if we were playing the type of football you crave and we were floating around safe from relegation mid-table, we wouldn't have the opportunity you mention.

If you don't see any point in reaching the play-offs and it means so little, what exactly would be your favourable position at the end of the season?

52 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Some good points there, I disagree mostly but as it’s such a subjective debate I don’t really see much point continuing because it’s just opinion vs opinion based on how we perceive player ability.

Reading that I think we may have a difference in how we define improvement though.

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

....but if we were playing the type of football you crave and we were floating around safe from relegation mid-table, we wouldn't have the opportunity you mention.

If you don't see any point in reaching the play-offs and it meeans so little, what exactly would be your favourable position at the end of the season?

No answer to my simple questions still but I’ll again answer yours

Getting in the play offs (If we were too) actually means zilch unless you win them

The Championship slots are there for the taking this season for any drilled, organised Club , in good shape

(Forgive me , I thought that having stuck by and backed him for four years we should absolutely be right up there in this respect)

So as I said , not only is IMHO he fumbling and bumbling with the resources he has and won’t be IMHO BE getting us promoted , and so I’d much rather see us play some cohesive and mildly entertaining football 

Did you go to that last night , did you see what an embarrassing shambles we became , minute by minute in the second half particularly

Did it have the look of a side that somebody has been given 4 yrs backing to progress to ?

Just to add (given the OP and thread title) that he has been mentioned when some other jobs that have come up and was quite heavily linked with Villa at one point - enough that he had to comment on it at least and reaffirm his commitment to city. I'm not saying he was ever approached and I think this was after Di Matteo was sacked. 

20 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Just to add (given the OP and thread title) that he has been mentioned when some other jobs that have come up and was quite heavily linked with Villa at one point - enough that he had to comment on it at least and reaffirm his commitment to city. I'm not saying he was ever approached and I think this was after Di Matteo was sacked. 

Yes, it was Villa (not West Brom as I mentioned)....it was the DI Matteo bit that clogged my memory.

16 hours ago, J-mat said:

Been quiet whilst we were winning. One loss and out of the woodwork they all come.

Saboteurs more than supporters. A stain on our club. 

Honestly, when we go up under Lee, and we will eventually. I hope not one of you gets even a sniff of enjoyment out of it. 

J-mat??...

Door mat would be more to suffice....

17 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Sounds like a man trying to protect his own reputation. Nothing wrong with that but I judge him by what he does, not what he says...and last night's shambles tells you much of what you need to know about Lee Johnson. Can't imagine many clubs looked at that and though 'ooh, maybe Lee could do that for us!'

Well...

...this.

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

You want Brian Tinnion to replace Lee Johnson?

Seriously?

I want anyone that has a positive attitude to team selections and tactics and a philosophy of entertaining the paying public to replace Lee Johnson.

So in terms of an improvement, pretty much anybody.

13 hours ago, J-mat said:

You aren't special because you're old. 

I've supported this club through thick and thin, all over the country for 24 years. Went to my first game 26 years ago. 

Doesn't make me any more correct or wrong. It's absolutely irrelevant. 

He is the right man. He's been the right man. He will continue to be the right man. 

Thankfully more qualified people than you agree with me. I'll back Lansdown's decision making and approach to success over some nobodies on forum any day of the week, tah.

Utter ?end.

14 hours ago, J-mat said:

You aren't special because you're old. 

I've supported this club through thick and thin, all over the country for 24 years. Went to my first game 26 years ago. 

Doesn't make me any more correct or wrong. It's absolutely irrelevant. 

He is the right man. He's been the right man. He will continue to be the right man. 

Thankfully more qualified people than you agree with me. I'll back Lansdown's decision making and approach to success over some nobodies on forum any day of the week, tah.

Hello Lee....?

Conceited W⚓

The home performances have been inconsistent (not all bad) under LJ, but what you get with him is a guarantee of Championship football, what other manager in our recent history has been able to offer us that? If we swapped him i reckon there's a much greater chance of us getting back into a relegation scrap than getting promoted to the Prem, let's face it the top managers don't want to come here so we end up with someone who's unproved at this level (as LJ was originally) and it's a big gamble.

On 08/02/2020 at 10:07, J-mat said:

Entitled bullshit as per. 

We haven't finished this high, this consistently since Alan Dicks was manager. 

Something for nothing society. Never grateful for progress, never grateful for loyalty, never grateful for anything.

Boomers. Destroying everything. Worst generation ever. 

... ill-informed guff as per.

It would probably help you to go find your snowflakey safe space and sit down quietly for a while - such anger and bile - the modern world is really hard isn’t it? 

On 08/02/2020 at 08:39, Fordy62 said:

Making up that you had offers? Yep completely embarrassing, but the misplaced arrogance has long been one of LJ’s shortcomings. 

So you've decided LJ has made it up?

Even though we know he was shortlisted as someone both Villa and Stoke had been considering in the past.

What is embarrassing is a one time rational poster such as yourself deciding that our head coach is lying about job offers because of your own personal dislike of him.

54 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I'm an idiot for suggesting Leeds and Villa had no interest in Johnson and City is the best job he'll ever have? 

Yeah right... 

I often wonder whether Lee himself realises this is his best chance of success.  When you see how quick the likes of Leeds were with Heckingbottom, he might be grateful he hasn’t taken up any offers he may have (or have not) had.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So you've decided LJ has made it up?

Even though we know he was shortlisted as someone both Villa and Stoke had been considering in the past.

What is embarrassing is a one time rational poster such as yourself deciding that our head coach is lying about job offers because of your own personal dislike of him.

Out of interest, because I don’t know, was that shortlisting from the clubs themselves or the media / bookies?

Archived