IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

On 08/02/2020 at 11:54, pongo88 said:

That is one way of looking at it. Another way is the criticism is based on his overall performance of boom or bust over the 4 years he’s been with the club. I’m sure he said he needed 3 transfer windows to get the team he wanted. Well, it’s a lot more than that and most of the fans don’t know what the best team, formation or tactics are and I’m sure LJ doesn’t either. 

I’ll ask you one question, are we better as a club when we started? Anyone who doesn’t have a stupid agenda against Lee Johnson would say yes. Is he good enough to get us playoffs? We’ll find out at the end of the season. My point is Lansdown won’t sack him when he is level points with 6th and 6 points off top. So we should back him till the end of the season instead of stupid topics that eventually turn into a slamming thread of Lee Johnson.

11 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I’ll ask you one question, are we better as a club when we started? Anyone who doesn’t have a stupid agenda against Lee Johnson would say yes. Is he good enough to get us playoffs? We’ll find out at the end of the season. My point is Lansdown won’t sack him when he is level points with 6th and 6 points off top. So we should back him till the end of the season instead of stupid topics that eventually turn into a slamming thread of Lee Johnson.

Also worth adding and considering

‘Is it because of Lee Johnson’

Has he been a positive / neutral / or detrimental to the progress

12 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Taking the piss out of his height because you have nothing better to say :clap: well done you 

Haha, shows how little you read. I've been more than clear why I think LJ needs to go, in fact most of my posts are constructive rather than just sagging off others opinions without adding anything constructive at all. 

God forbid I make a short joke ?

2 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

if the home and away form was reversed the venom towards LJ would be next to non exsistant. 

Sadly the home form fails to excite the hardest supporter and whilst this remains the case the question about LJ will continue to arise. 

Not sure I agree there.

If we won the league and ended up first season in prem narrowly avoiding relegation then fans would be as bad as ever towards LJ.

I'd even go as far as if we went up and comfortably stayed up some would still want him out.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure I agree there.

If we won the league and ended up first season in prem narrowly avoiding relegation then fans would be as bad as ever towards LJ.

I'd even go as far as if we went up and comfortably stayed up some would still want him out.

Well he narrowly avoided relegation from the Championship in his first full season here so I think your wild ‘prediction’ is somewhat flawed

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure I agree there.

Massive disagreement there, I mean if we won the league then LJ would have had to have improved his football and tactics which is what the fans want. You don't win the league by only winning 6 games at home or playing shit football so simply put, we wouldn't win the league unless the things the fans are fed up with changed. 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Massive disagreement there, I mean if we won the league then LJ would have had to have improved his football and tactics which is what the fans want. You don't win the league by only winning 6 games at home or playing shit football so simply put, we wouldn't win the league unless the things the fans are fed up with changed. 

Some live in their own Bristol City ‘bubble’

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

The home performances have been inconsistent (not all bad) under LJ, but what you get with him is a guarantee of Championship football, what other manager in our recent history has been able to offer us that? If we swapped him i reckon there's a much greater chance of us getting back into a relegation scrap than getting promoted to the Prem, let's face it the top managers don't want to come here so we end up with someone who's unproved at this level (as LJ was originally) and it's a big gamble.

We are at the stage in our development where we need to either ‘ shit or get off the pot ‘ .

I very much believe that SL has backed the manager 100% to enable us to have a good crack at promotion.

If Lee doesn’t deliver at least a play off spot then I believe we need to take the risk of changing the head coach in the summer . 

Your comment about top ‘ managers ‘ not wanting to come here is nonsense. First of all we aren’t going to bring in a ‘ manager ‘ but a head coach and the modern way is the system that we are using .

Dinosaur ‘ managers ‘ need not apply but progressive experienced coaches would give their eye teeth to work under SL .

On 08/02/2020 at 13:02, J-mat said:

You aren't special because you're old. 

I've supported this club through thick and thin, all over the country for 24 years. Went to my first game 26 years ago. 

Doesn't make me any more correct or wrong. It's absolutely irrelevant. 

He is the right man. He's been the right man. He will continue to be the right man. 

Thankfully more qualified people than you agree with me. I'll back Lansdown's decision making and approach to success over some nobodies on forum any day of the week, tah.

Yes, SL has a great track record of picking the right manager doesn’t he..............

No other Championship club would have employed LJ when he was the manager of Barnsley, he had just presided over one of their worst losing runs in their history. Something he actually finally achieved with us! 
A decent manager is consistent, something LJ has never ever been, win a few, lose a few, he’s Mr pot luck.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure I agree there.

The club did it to Steve Cotterill. SL showed zero loyalty to him. 

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Yes, SL has a great track record of picking the right manager doesn’t he..............

No other Championship club would have employed LJ when he was the manager of Barnsley, he had just presided over one of their worst losing runs in their history. Something he actually finally achieved with us! 
A decent manager is consistent, something LJ has never ever been, win a few, lose a few, he’s Mr pot luck.

Played 207  
Won 83

Drawn 52

Lost 72

Win Percentage 40.1

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The club did it to Steve Cotterill. SL showed zero loyalty to him. 

We were going down though to be fair. And Cotts was not really agreeing with the clubs philosophy.

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's amazing how fans always want more. But also with LJ we have to take into consideration that fans simply don't like him.

If you look at other fans of clubs who have been promoted to the prem, lets look at Villa.

Their manager was like a God when he took them up. A number of fans have wanted him out because of them struggling in the prem.

I bet their fans would have all agreed they would keep him no matter what. But once a team starts losing, even if it's in the prem, fans won't be happy.

Same goes for us if we ever get there under LJ, I am sure of it.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We were going down though to be fair. And Cotts was not really agreeing with the clubs philosophy.

No one could have predicted where we ended ups have finished at the end of that season. I certainly had faith that we would have been ok.

As for the club’s philosophy, he wanted to sign a certain player called Maguire for 2.5 million. I wonder if we would have made a profit on him.......................

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

No one could have predicted where we ended ups have finished at the end of that season. I certainly had faith that we would have been ok.

As for the club’s philosophy, he wanted to sign a certain player called Maguire for 2.5 million. I wonder if we would have made a profit on him.......................

Well I was always predicting relegation. We were all over the place. Pemberton sorted it out straight away and we did well when LJ came in too.

7 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

How predictable from you. Called Weimann a donkey over a year ago once, regrettably may I add and you bring it up every 5 minutes. Rather boring and quite sad you’ve gone through my posting history to find something to chirp at me.

Nah I  just remember such ridiculous comments and labels, and posters.....

And For someone who does,  daily, continually , and always has , nothing but attack like a raving banchee , any poster that dares even question anything about the head coach it’s Particularly relevant  & hypoctitical (And weird)

You have a real fixation on him don’t you Reggy 

On 08/02/2020 at 09:38, Red Exile said:

...you could add Josh Brownhill...

But that's it isn't it? And you could argue that Bobby Reid was a lucky throw of the dice...it certainly looked that way at the time. Brownhill gives LJ a lot of credit, and I think there'd be more substance to that.

But we need a manager right now...not a midfield coach (although it looked last night as though we needed that too!)

It’s quite a hard thing to measure, isn’t it? Who’s to say Josh Brownhill hasn’t just continued a natural curve of progression that’s relative to his ability and potential?

There’s plenty you could make an argument for, but that counter-argument can be applied in 99% of cases. And people see what they want to see.

I think it’s hard to argue against the Bobby Reid one, mind you. Whatever the methodology behind he’s still seen it, acted upon it and - as silly as this may sound - has literally completely changed Bobby’s life.

This thread is embarrassing. Why do some (by not means all) of you feel the need to be quite so aggressive to fellow fans (and our manager). We all have our views and won’t always agree but can we have a little respect for each other. I hope other teams fans don’t read it because it reflects badly on us as a fan base, a club and a city. 

Archived