IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

On 08/02/2020 at 09:38, Red Exile said:

...you could add Josh Brownhill...

But that's it isn't it? And you could argue that Bobby Reid was a lucky throw of the dice...it certainly looked that way at the time. Brownhill gives LJ a lot of credit, and I think there'd be more substance to that.

But we need a manager right now...not a midfield coach (although it looked last night as though we needed that too!)

I don't doubt he has the man management skills to improve players, but tactically he shows time and time again he is clueless. 

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Never mind all this...   Who has "offered" LJ a job recently?

This is doing my head in trying to think of someone.

I’m sure I heard his name mentioned on AssChat once, when they were looking to replace one of their fallen managerial hero’s. 

So that must count as one.

Oh yes, and he definitely said it in the context of ‘loyalty’, that it was a two-way street - the Club and his. 

24 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Oh, I see @BobBobSuperBob has crawled out of the woodwork again after a loss.  I've never know a poster so happy to see us lose so he can start his vitriol. Where were you when we went on a 4 game unbeaten run conceding zero goals. 

I bet you were fuming... 

We lose a game of football, which happens, and you come snaking back in. Really is pathetic.

Its great when city win, as we get 3 points and you disappear.  Which that in mind, give LJ  another 4 years. 

Deliberately provocative nonsense.

On 08/02/2020 at 09:30, Portland Bill said:

Genuine question, whose he improved?

Iv’e heard Webster and Kelly mentioned,  but Webster was a class act when he came here, he  then played with better players than he had at Ipswich. Brighton had loads of cash to spend and took him from us. 

Kelly, was coached by the Academy coaches to get to the level he was at, LJ hardly played him. 

LJ has gambled with signing players over a 4 year period, sometimes they come off, sometimes not. There is no plan, it’s signing players for the sake of it, iit should be all about having a plan and signing players to fit into that plan. I would say that with the players he has bought in and the money he has spent, he is failing miserably. 

Defintely wasnt a class act. Nowhere near the player that left for 20m

Brownhill is a player that he turned from a lower league footballer, into a premier league player.

Joe Bryans and Bobby Reid too. Reid especially who was languishing in the reserves and he turned him into a 20 goal player.

7th in the league is very good.

Lose your two best players and on course to finish higher than the previous year. Thats very good.

I know some of you think we're man utd. But were not, we are Bristol City. We were in league one not long ago and we lose our best players constantly.

19 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Oh, I see @BobBobSuperBob has crawled out of the woodwork again after a loss.  I've never know a poster so happy to see us lose so he can start his vitriol. Where were you when we went on a 4 game unbeaten run conceding zero goals. 

I bet you were fuming... 

We lose a game of football, which happens, and you come snaking back in. Really is pathetic.

Its great when city win, as we get 3 points and you disappear.  Which that in mind, give LJ  another 4 years. 

It’s a Forum. A platform for different views.

I align myself more to the views of @BobBobSuperBob than the ‘LJ is God’ brigade. 

Many are exasperated by our inability to sort out our home form. It wasn’t just the defeat on Friday, it was the manner of the defeat. We were utterly hopeless, having been gifted a goal and a chance to impose ourselves. This has happened far too often. 

Some are more extreme than others in venting their frustration. Don’t have a problem with that, as I don’t have a problem people trying to defend LJ. 

We need to expose ourselves to different views of the world. 

I don’t believe LJ should have a job for life. I look at Chris Wilder and think, less resources, less experience, yet 5th in the Premiership playing attractive, powerful, passionate football and ask, how come? 

Doesn't make me any less of a City supporter and the same, I’m sure, is true for Bob. 

If you think ‘supporting’ is just blindly and unquestioningly following what’s provided then you’ve a different take on ‘supporting’ than I. 

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Indeed. Getting a taste of his own medicine. Shame I won't be here to read his no doubt aggressive reply.  I've loved this board, been on it since circa 1998, but I can't deal with the total negativity at the moment. It's bull...

You come on here first thing in the morning just to attack another poster, simply to provoke a reaction, and now you're going to run away.

Now that truly is pathetic.

Don't bite @BobBobSuperBob

Just put him on ignore.

15 hours ago, lenred said:

Think that’s pretty harsh. After us I think it’ll be a biggish team in League 1 or low level Championship. Or who knows a coaching position in the Prem, but I get the impression he wouldn’t take a support role. Could be wrong though.  St. George’s Park not out of the question either. 

St Georges park as a groundsman as he likes short grass,i dont think he is capable of managing in the prem and he wont last 5 mins at a lower championship club  i feel Bristol City are where we are in the league inspite of Johnson and not because of him

6 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

St Georges park as a groundsman as he likes short grass,i dont think he is capable of managing in the prem and he wont last 5 mins at a lower championship club  i feel Bristol City are where we are in the league inspite of Johnson and not because of him

If you read comments like this without knowing our league position you'd think we were rooted to the bottom of the table.

image.thumb.png.b34351c74b24f8698021d3830e87d5e8.png

The venom towards Johnson despite us being 7th in the league (5 points off 2nd!) and impressive recent form is quite astonishing really. 

17 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Where were you when we were winning games?

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If you read comments like this without knowing our league position you'd think we were rooted to the bottom of the table.

The venom towards Johnson despite us being 7th in the league (5 points off 2nd!) and impressive recent form is quite astonishing really. 

From 15th upwards in the table at home weve beaten know one, won 0 drawn 2 lost 5 are we flat track bullies one thing i do know of the six home wins weve had only Luton and huddersfield  were convincing, the rest were very fortunate the football at home has been woeful and the manager must take the blame for that his team his signings and his formations 

22 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

RW, you really hate Lee with a passion, don't you?  He is currently the manager of a Championship team consistently challenging for the play offs, despite the fact there are at least 15 clubs that would like to be doing the same thing.

Do you truly believe it must be easy to be 7th in a league of 24 very good, competitive teams?  Even the teams in the bottom 3 this year can still give anyone a game on their day.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Yes, I do, and no the football is largely not enjoyable.

Now answer my question please. Why do you go missing when we win football matches?

Do you want me say we were fortunate to beat Reading Barnsley and Qpr which we were my opinion is we are 7th inspite of Johnson not because of him, this is a very average championship this season and we have the best squad weve ever had  if he could crack the home form we could get promoted 

11 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

From 15th upwards in the table at home weve beaten know one, won 0 drawn 2 lost 5 are we flat track bullies one thing i do know of the six home wins weve had only Luton and huddersfield  were convincing, the rest were very fortunate the football at home has been woeful and the manager must take the blame for that his team his signings and his formations 

That won't matter if we end up getting promoted - league position is good, recent form is good. We really aren't that bad.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That won't matter if we end up getting promoted - league position is good, recent form is good. We really aren't that bad.

Until we can sort out the home form we wont get promoted friday night we were out thought out fought and well beaten by a very limited birmingham side 

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you'll find that's impressive recent results. I wouldn't say our form - how well we've been playing - has been anything other than bang average or, in the case of the Shrewsbury games, desperately poor. Results and form are two very different things and our form has been far from "impressive" particularly at home - and this is the point many people are currently unhappy and frustrated about. Our position in the table has nothing to do with that unhappiness and frustration.

1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

Until we can sort out the home form we wont get promoted friday night we were out thought out fought and well beaten by a very limited birmingham side 

You do realise other sides are trying to win games too - we got it wrong on Friday night and played badly. I agree with you that home performances are dull and we have a serious problem unlocking arguably limited (yet stoic) teams who are defending a lead or playing for a draw.

I think people forget though that this is an enormously competitive league, QPR may have thought the same about us the week before. We defended well and held a lead. It's a cliche, but in this league anyone can beat anyone. 

We do need to alter the home form, I haven't seen anyone disagree with that. What I find ridiculous though is the hyperbolic doomsday posts about the team - we're 7th in the league, a few tweaks and we could easily make the playoffs. People need to get some perspective.

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think you'll find that's impressive recent results. I wouldn't say our form - how well we've been playing - has been anything other than bang average or, in the case of the Shrewsbury games, desperately poor. Results and form are two very different things and our form has been far from "impressive" particularly at home - and this is the point many people are currently unhappy and frustrated about. Our position in the table has nothing to do with that unhappiness and frustration.

Yeah I agree, Friday we were poor and the game was a bad spectacle. I think agreement is unanimous that we have to alter the home form or we might miss out on the playoffs.

What my post was in reference to was the ridiculous hyperbolic analysis that Johnson is some sort of fraud who wouldn't get a job elsewhere. He's obviously not that bad and people need to get some perspective. Other sides are trying to beat us - and some will do it; that's the game !

We’ve won 14 games this season, out of 31 games. There are still 15 games to play.

Our past 10 win totals in the Championship over 46 games have seen win totals of 20 (play off place), 15, 15, 17, 12, 11 (relegation), 13, 15, 17, 19 (last season)

14 wins at this stage of the season seems pretty good when compared to the totals above.

If we were to win 7 out of the remaining 15 games, it would be our best ever total.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

7th in the league is very good.

Lose your two best players and on course to finish higher than the previous year. Thats very good.

I know some of you think we're man utd. But were not, we are Bristol City. We were in league one not long ago and we lose our best players constantly.

Really?!! Bit daft. I think everyone who has signed up to OTIB knows we're Bristol City. And knows Bristol City's track record of spectacular underachievement and the club's capacity to regularly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We’ve won 14 games this season, out of 31 games. There are still 15 games to play.

Our past 10 win totals in the Championship over 46 games have seen win totals of 20 (play off place), 15, 15, 17, 12, 11 (relegation), 13, 15, 17, 19 (last season)

14 wins at this stage of the season seems pretty good when compared to the totals above.

If we were to win 7 out of the remaining 15 games, it would be our best ever total.

our record this season teams in the top half  won 2 drawn 4 lost 6 against teams in the bottom half won 12 drawn 4 lost 3 our problem now is we have 10 games against teams in the top half and 5 in the bottom half, can we get the 7 wins we need maybe but anything less than the play offs will be seen as failure

our record this season teams in the top half  won 2 drawn 4 lost 6 against teams in the bottom half won 12 drawn 4 lost 3 our problem now is we have 10 games against teams in the top half and 5 in the bottom half, can we get the 7 wins we need maybe but anything less than the play offs will be seen as failure

Do you think that 7th in the table and 5 points off 2nd in February is a good league position?

Given that you thought we'd get relegated at Christmas, how can not quite making the playoffs be a failure?

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

It’s a Forum. A platform for different views.

I align myself more to the views of @BobBobSuperBob than the ‘LJ is God’ brigade. 

Many are exasperated by our inability to sort out our home form. It wasn’t just the defeat on Friday, it was the manner of the defeat. We were utterly hopeless, having been gifted a goal and a chance to impose ourselves. This has happened far too often. 

Some are more extreme than others in venting their frustration. Don’t have a problem with that, as I don’t have a problem people trying to defend LJ. 

We need to expose ourselves to different views of the world. 

I don’t believe LJ should have a job for life. I look at Chris Wilder and think, less resources, less experience, yet 5th in the Premiership playing attractive, powerful, passionate football and ask, how come? 

Doesn't make me any less of a City supporter and the same, I’m sure, is true for Bob. 

If you think ‘supporting’ is just blindly and unquestioningly following what’s provided then you’ve a different take on ‘supporting’ than I. 

A bit unfair to compare LJ with Chris Wilder, who has performed absolute miracles. You might as well compare him to Klopp and Guardiola. There will be fans of many clubs below us asking similar questions - if Lee Johnson can get Bristol City challenging for the play offs, why can't (insert name, e.g. Monk, Mowbray, Clotet, Woodgate, Cocu and others) do it for us? 

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Defintely wasnt a class act. Nowhere near the player that left for 20m

Brownhill is a player that he turned from a lower league footballer, into a premier league player.

Joe Bryans and Bobby Reid too. Reid especially who was languishing in the reserves and he turned him into a 20 goal player.

It shows that LJ will never be able to do anything right with some on here. Players he coaches generally improve a lot and fans say 'nothing to do with LJ'.

Let's give him credit for what he is good at. Leicester would not loan us Benkovic when others wanted him, Chelsea with their young players, Arsenal wanted Nketiah to come to us etc if they didn't have an idea of LJ's ability as a coach.

4 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

We need 4 wins to match last year’s total and one more to better it.

You would think we could manage that.

Archived