IGNORED

Is this a library?

Judda

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

We do a bad enough job controlling limited numbers in there (we can't cope with too many) so I don't think we could house them anywhere else. I don't think the police are insisting on anything are they. Could put them in your block of the dolman and you can spend the game explaining to them how you can't hear the PA announcements?

The police insisted on the Atyeo for away fans because exiting the ground is far easier to manage them with straightforward access to Winterstoke Rd.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The police insisted on the Atyeo for away fans because exiting the ground is far easier to manage them with straightforward access to Winterstoke Rd.

Ok, accepted, but since there is no sensible alternative I think it's a mute point. Remember the 1980s when away fans were given seating in block A of the dolman. Christmas & Sheffield United always springs to mind. It will be just tlike that if asway fans are put anywhere else. Logistical nightmare and unsafe.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

AG has been a library since the redevelopment and the police insisting that the away fans are located in the Atyeo.

I agree that dour stuff served up on the pitch doesn’t help but we saw the same dour stuff under his dad and atmosphere wasn’t a problem way back then.

A different manager wouldn’t make the slightest difference.

The reason the away fans are in the Atyeo is down solely to the design of the redevelopment and having the three concourses linked.

It could have been designed differently by adding segregation. FAN view at the time was to put the away fans in a section of the upper tier but this would have meant retrospective work. Barriers, stairs and lifts, possibly more outlets. No external fan zone.

This really should have been thought through when the redevelopment was still on the computer. 

We would then have had 2 home ends.

I know it's a standard taunt for away fans to sing but in 20+ years of season tickets I can't remember it being this quiet.

Some fans messages said the atmosphere started quite good but fizzled out... the only time I heard our fans was on 40 seconds yesterday other than that nothing!

7 minutes ago, Judda said:

I know it's a standard taunt for away fans to sing but in 20+ years of season tickets I can't remember it being this quiet.

Some fans messages said the atmosphere started quite good but fizzled out... the only time I heard our fans was on 40 seconds yesterday other than that nothing!

Where do you sit?

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Where do you sit?

E34 or Dolman A block in old money. I know that obviously it's much closer to the away fans so I will hear them more but on the odd occasion we still sound quite loud but recently I've not heard a peep from us...  Birmingham weren't even that loud yesterday compared with most away fans...

When they were under the cosh for most of the 2nd half last night I didn’t hear a peep out of the Brum fans.

They were loud for about half an hour in the first half when they were on the front foot. For the last 15 minutes in the first half we were much more subdued as we waited for them to score what looked an almost inevitable 3rd goal, which would’ve been the least they deserved going into half time. 

To our credit I didn’t hear us loudly get on the player’s backs until half way through the second half despite consistently appearing unable to create anything that put Birmingham’s lead in danger. On that occasion the discontent was prompted by constant passing around in our own half whilst the away side sat back.

My opinion.

1) Events on the pitch have a huge bearing on how loud the fans in the stands are.

2) Pretty much every clubs fans are exactly the same and we are no better or worse than the majority of other clubs supporters in this country. 

7 minutes ago, Judda said:

E34 or Dolman A block in old money. I know that obviously it's much closer to the away fans so I will hear them more

I don’t really need to say much in response to this as it’s pretty obvious that if you’re sat right next to 1800 beered up blokes, they’re going to sound louder than the 2000 beered up blokes spread out over several blocks at the other end of the ground.

What I will say is, in recent years I’ve sat in the Lansdown and the Dolman (much closer to S82 than you are in fairness). From the Lansdown the ground seems quieter despite the fact you can ‘see’ things happening over in S82 (if you know what I mean?). 

3 hours ago, Judda said:

Every week the away fans sing this. Even the likes of Shrewsbury!

Why is the atmosphere so bad at the gate since the redevelopment?

I can only put it down to the poor football we watch at home games. Rarely entertaining. 

Or is the singing section in the wrong place? I am told on here they're singing but I can't normally hear them from where I sit. 

The only other thing I could put it down to is new fans... going from 10k to 20k attendances over the last 20 years, maybe the new generation of fans can't be arsed?

I find the notion that the poor atmosphere is down to the football ridiculous - sorry, in the past there have been relegation seasons with 6,000 watching when the atmosphere has been better. 

The atmosphere in stadiums across Britain has gone to ****ery, and that isn't because of the football. 

This is not a problem exclusive to City. Every club bar none has suffered, some worse than others. 

Personally would put it down to several factors that eventually all intertwine and lead back to the sanitization of the sport, the stadiums, and the fan culture that once flourished around it. Worse, we've now lost an entire generation of fans who have no idea what supporting football once was. As fans, we are all to blame for this, we are all to blame for plodding to the beat of Sky's drum as they reinvent football; of not protesting as the police crush the culture; of doing bugger all when prices get jacked up; and of sucking it up as the game sells its soul.

And as for the idea that rail seats are the answer, anyone who  thinks that doesn't have a clue. Football is largely dead, and we sat back and watched it happen.  

When I first starting going late 70’s early 80’s there was no singing section each stand had its own. 
Open end, old enclosure Wedlock’s and A&B blocks Dolman.

Condense a section to one stand creates another away end so the noise is in one section. 

Or just possibly back then no one cared about swearing and people venting frustrations in singing and being boisterous. 

5 hours ago, Judda said:

I can only put it down to the poor football we watch at home games. Rarely entertaining. 

Or is the singing section in the wrong place? I am told on here they're singing but I can't normally hear them from where I sit. 

The only other thing I could put it down to is new fans... going from 10k to 20k attendances over the last 20 years, maybe the new generation of fans can't be arsed?

Because despite being offended when suits like Mark Ashton call us customers or talk about the "brand" our fans have become just that. 

More likely to moan about the "entertainment" than play their part. More likely to groan an insult every time our midfield doesn't force play than encourage the boys. 

All they can muster is a stifled "COYR" at a corner.

It's cultural, it's modern football. Our support is crap. Football support is crap generally. 

7 hours ago, Judda said:

Trust me the City crowd was really loud for about the first 15 minutes last night, and from the South Stand I didn't hear Birmingham at all at that stage of the game. If they did sing they were drowned out by our own. As is often the way, things quietened down after a while due to the shiteness of the game. 

I've just watched the match back on Sky (which wasn't much fun) and that's exactly how it came across on the telly as well. Really loud home singing early on. Pretty standard actually. 

58 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Trust me the City crowd was really loud for about the first 15 minutes last night, and from the South Stand I didn't hear Birmingham at all at that stage of the game. If they did sing they were drowned out by our own. As is often the way, things quietened down after a while due to the shiteness of the game. 

I've just watched the match back on Sky (which wasn't much fun) and that's exactly how it came across on the telly as well. Really loud home singing early on. Pretty standard actually. 

It certainly isn’t standard. The first ten minutes was far louder than I have heard for months. That’s from the Atyeo end of the Lansdown.

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

This has been discussed/debated before and imo it’s down to the signing section being stuck in the corner of the SS. Hardly any other area of the stadium can hear them. The away fans get the Atyeo where the acoustics are far better and even a few can make more noise than the singing section,

It would better if the singing section were behind the goal in the SS but that ain’t gonna happen.............:disapointed2se:

why not ?

Archived