IGNORED

Its an Enigma

Markman

See  - I am not really a Lee in or Lee out person - he is our Manager and on cold stats we are not doing too bad - could have been 3rd. On paper why would we want him to go.

In first hand viewing last night I thought it was all going sort of ok until they scored - then it went downhill.

On second hand viewing this morning it looked via SKY that actually after about 5 mins we were totally bossed - and then on through the whole game. Brum were quicker, better more tactically astute

So for me the enigma is on paper we look like we are doing well but if people harbor the dream of promotion or play-offs - then if you are totally bossed by a side (in form) at home who are or were 17th or 18th then really is Top 6 going to happen?

I can understand the frustration but how can you really argue about being Top 6 and still will be Top 6th (or equal) even if Teams below win their games in hand but then we have to watch a performance like that

It's a strange season

32 minutes ago, Markman said:

See  - I am not really a Lee in or Lee out person - he is our Manager and on cold stats we are not doing too bad - could have been 3rd. On paper why would we want him to go.

In first hand viewing last night I thought it was all going sort of ok until they scored - then it went downhill.

On second hand viewing this morning it looked via SKY that actually after about 5 mins we were totally bossed - and then on through the whole game. Brum were quicker, better more tactically astute

So for me the enigma is on paper we look like we are doing well but if people harbor the dream of promotion or play-offs - then if you are totally bossed by a side (in form) at home who are or were 17th or 18th then really is Top 6 going to happen?

I can understand the frustration but how can you really argue about being Top 6 and still will be Top 6th (or equal) even if Teams below win their games in hand but then we have to watch a performance like that

It's a strange season

It’s a strange season indeed and if we blow top six I would be fuming if I was SL .

This is a fantastic opportunity , the division is wide open and the owner has given LJ everything he asked for . 

I hope that we don’t blow it and LJ becomes the hero he wants to be , otherwise an overhaul is needed in the summer.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

The strange consequence of our confusing form is that I now see us as underdogs vs Derby despite us being the top 6 team and at home.

I'm planning to be at the Derby match...despite evening matches always being a bit of a logistical nightmare and a late night.

I'm fully expecting us to go into that match set up as though we are the underdogs...to react to whatever Derby can throw at us, not to throw anything at them. Which will become a self-fulfilling prophecy...it's the Lee Johnson way!

...and I'll go home angry and frustrated! 

47 minutes ago, Markman said:

It's a strange season

It's because Johnson is a limited manager who can seemingly only play one way – hence we do so well away from home.

Archived