IGNORED

Nahki Wells is useless

Major Isewater

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Because we haven’t had 2. 
Now we do have 2, loads of people are saying “oh, Wells can’t play in a 2”. 
It’s nonsense 

Yep. Big man is not essential. The point I wanted to make was that most of Wells’ career, he’s played in a 2. 
Whether that be the big man in Hanson, the stronger type of Holt/Hugill/Vaughan or a smaller more mobile type in Kachunga/Bunn. 
He’s mostly played in a 2, with a variety of partners. 
People saying on here “oh, what’s the point of buying Wells, he can’t play in a 2”, are quite frankly talking out of their be-hinds! 

15 games to go. Fam in good form and looking up for it. We should be starting Fam & Wells upfront in a 2 in every single remaining game. 

Yep, totally agree, certainly for Wednesday and the next couple.  Got to give Fam and Wells a few games to strike a partnership.  Weimann has been quiet for 3/4/5 games, Fam has been playing well.

Think we have to go 442.  Eliasson (R) and Paterson (L) wide, although happy for Paterson to drift inside to free the flank for Dasilva but also help the central two.

As for the two CMs, think we might have to pitch in Henriksen and try to get him through 55-65 minutes (on adrenaline), partnered by Smith (probably).

Who’d have thought it was gonna be this hard, with this many players, to suggest a logical system.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, totally agree, certainly for Wednesday and the next couple.  Got to give Fam and Wells a few games to strike a partnership.  Weimann has been quiet for 3/4/5 games, Fam has been playing well.

Think we have to go 442.  Eliasson (R) and Paterson (L) wide, although happy for Paterson to drift inside to free the flank for Dasilva but also help the central two.

As for the two CMs, think we might have to pitch in Henriksen and try to get him through 55-65 minutes (on adrenaline), partnered by Smith (probably).

Who’d have thought it was gonna be this hard, with this many players, to suggest a logical system.

Agreed Dave. Fam & Wells HAVE to play in a 2. 
Eliasson creates chances. Thus has to play. 
Paterson has been great since his return. Has to play. 
Smith is the best anchor we have, so has to play. 
Hopefully Henriksen can be a good CM partner, as he can do both (forward & back). 
Leaves the back 4. Baker definitely starts. Dasilva starts. 

The only decisions I think LJ needs to make is whether Benkovic starts over Williams and who the **** can play RB instead of Hunt!!! 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hopefully Henriksen can be a good CM partner, as he can do both (forward & back). 

The only decisions I think LJ needs to make is whether Benkovic starts over Williams and who the **** can play RB instead of Hunt!!! 

So:

Bentley

Hunt (or Pereira) | Williams (or Benkovic) | Baker | Dasilva 

Eliasson | Henriksen | Smith | Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou 

You’d think Williams might struggle Wednesday/Saturday so that will come into the thinking.  Wish Kalas was not only fit, but match-fit too.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So:

Bentley

Hunt (or Pereira) | Williams (or Benkovic) | Baker | Dasilva 

Eliasson | Henriksen | Smith | Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou 

You’d think Williams might struggle Wednesday/Saturday so that will come into the thinking.  Wish Kalas was not only fit, but match-fit too.

If Kalas is fit, I’d put him RB 

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

And it's only 81 days since he last played a match.

Then he should not be tired ! 

I know it may take a little while to get him up to scratch but how will he do that sat on the subs bench ? 

I would like to have seen him at least make an appearance, not necessarily the whole match but just to get a feel for how we play . 

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

Pereira is RB cover .

2 hours ago, handballbygordonparr said:

According to the Post today Lee says we considered a move for Scott Hogan.

Is that our defensive plan - put them on our bench so they can't score against us.

It worked against QPR and would have worked last night if only Lee was given some money to spend. 

How much more does he want to spend?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Smith RB

2 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Smith RB

Would usually be a very good suggestion. But we have no midfield. 
If we had Baker, Williams, Benkovic & Kalas all fit then I’d stick Kalas RB. 
If you take Smith out of DM there’s literally no one else who can play there. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

yes I agree on all those points. But hunt and mr. P just do not inspire me with any faith, hope or desire at RB

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

33 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

yes I agree on all those points. But hunt and mr. P just do not inspire me with any faith, hope or desire at RB

It’s an interesting option.  If Henriksen could come in and settle straight away with either Nagy, Massengo or Rowe it could lengthen Korey’s career.

Archived