IGNORED

Gentlemen...sort of

sglosbcfc

I was walking past the Spanish bar last night just before the fighting began. A Brum fan saw I had my two young lads with me and prewarned me 'we're about to kick off mate, I'd get those lads out of the way'. The police took an age to arrive so we were stuck against a wall unable to move. When I did make it to my car, I saw lots of police and a couple of ambulances heading back to that direction, hope nobody was seriously hurt?

Quite funny in an oddly ugly way.

I had exactly the same happen a few years back when played Villa at hone for the first time.

I had left slightly early with the kids and a ‘worldly’ older brummy guy got chatting to us, asked my little ones if they enjoyed the game, wished us good luck for the future, but then said it was probably best we move on as it was about to get a bit nasty.

5 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I was walking past the Spanish bar last night just before the fighting began. A Brum fan saw I had my two young lads with me and prewarned me 'we're about to kick off mate, I'd get those lads out of the way'. The police took an age to arrive so we were stuck against a wall unable to move. When I did make it to my car, I saw lots of police and a couple of ambulances heading back to that direction, hope nobody was seriously hurt?

Did he say why?

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Did he say why?

No, it appeared like 15-20 on each side who were set on a fight. I guess he was just prewarning me as he knew what was coming. I was grateful as I wouldn't have wanted the boys to be any nearer than they were. They could see punches being thrown and hear the language but we were far enough away that they wouldn't have got a really clear view. 

44 minutes ago, shelts said:

I walked up by the Spanish bar after the game and didn’t see anything kick off . Saw a group of Brum older lads have a a bit of a spat with some City outside the Sun but the police moved them on and they ended up in Lounge 

I'm guessing it would have been a good 25-30 minutes after the end of the game, didn't rush out after the end, both boys needed the loo etc.

Archived