IGNORED

Home form?????

Langford Red

Regardless of, if you like LJ or not

Three seasons of poor home form

Unless we were near the bottom of the table, I can not remember a City side that were poor at home

If LJ is a great coach then why can he not sort the home form out! (He has had 3 seasons)

Playing 4-1-4-1 away not a problem as it works hitting the opponents on the break

But to play 4-1-4 1 at home week in week out is not working

We are the home team and should be on the offensive

But teams coming to us defensively is not the way to play against them at home

3 seasons and he can not change the form around

Maybe I am wrong?

But he is definitely not right

What will you all say if we lose again Wednesday V Derby????

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

The weird thing about last night is we went 1-0 up after 40 seconds and I thought right let's play how we have away from home now. But we were just so open.

We certainly weren’t compact were we!!!  I can’t understand anyone suggesting we sat back last night.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We certainly weren’t compact were we!!!  I can’t understand anyone suggesting we sat back last night.

The 1st goal we conceded was quite incredible looking at it again.

Korey has it. Maybe should pass it left to Dasilva. But not much on. Passes it out to Hunt. Hunt does a terrible pass to no one and then doesn't close down. Then Dasilva at fault and probably 2 or 3 others in the goal as well from when Birmingham have the ball.

But the really incredible thing is where the players are positioned at 1-0 up with Korey having the ball near the half way line.

4 players near their box stood still. Weimann even turns his back to play as the ball is switched and goes into an even worse position.

People sometimes say about our players having an inability to control and pass the ball. It's such a ridiculous thing to say.

A player needs to have options to pass to. Brentford look to me to be so good at passing the ball because they don't have players positioned in an area where only a punt through the middle could possibly be in any way effective.

We were 1 up and our players were all over the place. LJ seriously needs to work on a plan that is solid without the ball but can also keep the ball when we have it.

In that goal we were neither a team that looked solid or a team that could possibly pass the ball, as there was hardly anyone to pass to.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Johnson blamed Brum for stretching us. Last night we were given the ball, asked to play with possession, and Brum allowed us to shoot. 

All of that is contrary to games where we have found a result. 

We set up to be compact without the ball, holding shape and waiting for an interception. At that point we're designed to push forward and counter, only shooting if we get into a good position.

You can look at the stats. In games where we have less than 50% possession we average 1.9ppg, for a total of 38 points from 20 games. In games with less than 40% it's 2ppg.

In the 11 matches (4 away, 7 home) where we've had 50% or more we have W3, D3, L5 and gained just 12 points. An average of only 1.1ppg. 

Basically we clearly aren't comfortable in possession. Personally I think this explains the perceived improvements in away performance. How to change it I don't know, but tactical discipline in the face of a measured, sensible, almost traditional 442 as deployed by Brum is one place to start. 

Archived