IGNORED

Weimann

Agard Days Night

Maybe we should say O'Dowda or Watkins are stealing a living instead?

Players that try their hardest, don't stop running. But because it's trendy to slag them off...say what you like.

I would not say it about any player that tries his hardest.

But I also don't see the difference between saying that about Weimann, or saying the same or similar about players like O'Dowda or Watkins.

Would be interesting to read back at some of the things people have said about hard working players in recent seasons that they don't rate. No doubt there are 'stealing a living' and worse comments about them.

5 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I think beyond his running around he offers very little. He runs and points.

why do you think he does that?

For us to break our general transfer policy and wage structure to carry somebody who is largely ineffective seems an odd decision.

£2m....what wages is he on.  What is our wage structure?

The running around seems to cover up a lot of other failings in the eyes of many fans (all entitied to their opinions and you won’t see me insulting them or their family as a result).

What are the failings you see?

Scott Wagstaff used to run quite a lot. Maybe he’s the messiah too?

Waggy was a good disciplined RM in a structured team.  Technically decent at Lg1 level, and in 13/14 probably one of our better players, under the radar because of Jet and Baldock’s goals.  Did he steal a living too then?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe we should say O'Dowda or Watkins are stealing a living instead?

Players that try their hardest, don't stop running. But because it's trendy to slag them off...say what you like.

I would not say it about any player that tries his hardest.

But I also don't see the difference between saying that about Weimann, or saying the same or similar about players like O'Dowda or Watkins.

Would be interesting to read back at some of the things people have said about hard working players in recent seasons that they don't rate. No doubt there are 'stealing a living' and worse comments about them.

Not everybody has to share the same opinion John. 

Hard work is admirable but not sustainable if you’re just not very good if we want to progress.

“Stealing a living” - really? What a joke of a comment!

Don’t deny he’s not been at his best for 3-4 games but that comment is OTT!

The good news is that we can afford to give him break now - get Nahki in on Wednesday to allow AW a break although like others, not sure we will get the best out of Nahki, playing alongside Fam - hope I am wrong ??

We need a performance and three points on Weds after the results yesterday and on the basis of our forthcoming games too

My sons football team is full of players who run around a lot and then struggle to make a 10 yard pass, and certainly dont have it in them to play a 1-2.

weimann is a superb athlete and excellent pro without any question, he will even get you a goal. But no one can argue he has the natural talent to trouble jacki dziekanowski.

12 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Long overdue to drop to the bench. Doesn’t earn his place and is stealing a living at the moment. 

I agree he needs to be dropped to the bench. But that last comment is absolutely ridiculous. He’s done well for the majority of his two years at the club just recently he’s been in poor form. Hopefully that gives him the kick he needs and he starts playing well again.

26 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I think beyond his running around he offers very little.

The running around, or movement, is an integral part of the game. What you do without the ball IS important. His running around drags defenders out of position, allowing others to possibly use the space. Also, his running around covers defenders when they push forward, or midfields when they try to press. He does a lot of the work that can go un noticed. As I said, he has been working as a forward in a side that creates very little, defends from the front well and covers others consistently , not been great of late possibly, but every side needs player to work hard whether in form or not.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The running around, or movement, is an integral part of the game. What you do without the ball IS important. His running around drags defenders out of position, allowing others to possibly use the space. Also, his running around covers defenders when they push forward, or midfields when they try to press. He does a lot of the work that can go un noticed. As I said, he has been working as a forward in a side that creates very little, defends from the front well and covers others consistently , not been great of late possibly, but every side needs player to work hard whether in form or not.

Sensible posts , asking footballing questions......

Admirable ..... but are you really expecting a coherent response ?

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Saved a job

He has 9 goals by february, mitrovic and watkins have 20 each. Being top scorer for Bristol city this season isnt the greatest indicator of brilliance. 

for weimann to get many more than 10 a season is pretty much a surprise given his stats on Wikipedia. Tammy abraham he aint.

28 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

He has 9 goals by february, mitrovic and watkins have 20 each. Being top scorer for Bristol city this season isnt the greatest indicator of brilliance. 

for weimann to get many more than 10 a season is pretty much a surprise given his stats on Wikipedia. Tammy abraham he aint.

This will be unpopular with some ....

And Jacki scored 7 goals in 43 appearances (Basically a full season for us) 

Tammy Abraham he ain’t either

I was very much around the Club at that time and people look back at Jacki’s time here with a degree of rose tinted glasses, - exceptionally skilful, and when interested great, at times pts brethtaking  to watch , but that’s where his brief cameo ends

He spent a fair amount of time stood on the half way line with his hands on his hips 

Glad he came here and that I got to see him play 

Nice guy , but The opposite of a team player on and off the pitch 

If he had half of Weimanns attitude he would never have been playing here

btw - As hes rarely deployed as an out and out ‘striker’ - why are you focusing merely on goal return.....where does that leave Famara ?

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

‘Wet wipe’ @Bob Bob Super Bob

34 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

We could do with a few more runners.......or even movers. We can be pretty static at times.

21 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Ohhh you still about troll,.

ive responded to Simons post ...he does at least give some reasoning 

I look forward to you answering @Davefevs post to you

Ill just go and get a cup of tea and a notebook.....should be fascinating  ?

Thats if you don’t dissapear as usual , come back in under your alter ego , or are otherwise engaged making up false stories about transfers

Still you’ve got the little bit of attention you so crave , shame trolling is your only method 

And a wet wipe you certainly are

13 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Long overdue to drop to the bench. Doesn’t earn his place and is stealing a living at the moment. 

Totally disagree that Weinman is stealing a living, I’ve rarely seen a player who always puts in maximum effort each and every game. That’s not the same though as being good enough to be a regular starter. Putting effort aside IMO he is quite limited as a player and I fail to understand what he brings to the team. For a forward he seldom seems to have the ball under proper control and his shoot abilities are quite poor. Should be left out and replaced by Wells. 

49 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think his movement is a bit overrated. It seems people think every time he runs somewhere it is good movement.

I'm not saying his movement is bad. But he makes the wrong choices at times. He doesn't seem to want to come short to take the ball and turn.

Someone who sits near me says he hides a lot. I kind of get what he is saying there. His running out wide all the time when he is played as a striker really has been a problem in us not managing to pass the ball at times imo.

To be fair him and Fam just is not a good match. Said it quite early on, they just don't compliment each others game at all.

30 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

By the way, if you are trolling ........... you might want to at least have the grey matter to tag the right poster 

Ironically There’s another wet wipe on here that keeps doing the same thing , hilarious.....

Poor old @Bob Bob Super Bob hasn’t got a clue what’s going on

Not enough to blow your hat off.....

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

By the way you might want to at least have the grey matter to tag the right poster 

Ironically There’s another wet wipe on here that keeps doing the same thing , hilarious.....

Poor old @Bob Bob Super Bob hasn’t got a clue what’s going on

Not the brightest eh.....

Oh no I tagged the wrong person

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

My sons football team is full of players who run around a lot and then struggle to make a 10 yard pass, and certainly dont have it in them to play a 1-2.

weimann is a superb athlete and excellent pro without any question, he will even get you a goal. But no one can argue he has the natural talent to trouble jacki dziekanowski.

Just as well that no one has or ever will then, isn't it? 

48 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah I don't believe his goalscoring record is anything to be that positive about. He has played pretty much every minute, and most of them up front. Even when on the wing he is joining in attacks and running in the box a lot.

A goal every 315 minutes in all comps. Every 305 minutes in championship. It is not bad record but not great.

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think his movement is a bit overrated. It seems people think every time he runs somewhere it is good movement.

I'm not saying his movement is bad. But he makes the wrong choices at times. He doesn't seem to want to come short to take the ball and turn.

Someone who sits near me says he hides a lot. I kind of get what he is saying there. His running out wide all the time when he is played as a striker really has been a problem in us not managing to pass the ball at times imo.

To be fair him and Fam just is not a good match. Said it quite early on, they just don't compliment each others game at all.

He is not the only one who can run up blind alleys, and he is bound to make wrong choices, but he does try the runs. 
I think a lot of the problem is the system or systems or formations LJ try to play. Even when he says we are playing 2 up top Weimann ends up wide, and you can be sure if that's against instructions Johnson would be quick to tell him . LJ likes us to get back into position quickly when we loose the ball, and often that can mean AW dropping into a defensive MF position. Because of how we play, quite pragmatic and safety first, it is hard for the forwards, specially when the MF rarely break past strikers.

44 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think many would agree with that, looked better with Afobe. Now we have Wells to bring in , to play with  or to replace , is anyones guess. 

Pato , KP and Eliasson behind Wells up front could be fun ..... or disaster ?

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

E-

Must try harder when trolling or homework

Next time you say something unnecessarily offensive and provocative to me I’ll tag you, and not a user with the same name as yours just a slightly different placement of spaces. Later today probably if you haven’t had another ban by that point. When will you learn?

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Next time you say something unnecessarily offensive and provocative to me I’ll tag you, and not a user with the same name as yours just a slightly different placement of spaces. Later today probably if you haven’t had another ban by that point. When will you learn?

Keep, on trolling

Btw My cup of  tea has gone cold waiting for you to (try) and  answer any of  Dave Fevs questions 

Let me know when you’ve managed to think of any part of any answer and I’ll put the kettle on,

wouldn’t miss it for the world

I said on another thread that he should be given a rest - not just for his own mental and physical wellbeing but to stop him becoming a scapegoat. 
Weimann is one of, if not THE hardest working member of the team and he certainly isn’t ‘stealing a living’. I do agree he should be rested though - a couple of games as an impact sub would do him good. 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Keep, on trolling

Btw My cup of  tea has gone cold waiting for you to (try) and  answer any of  Dave Fevs questions 

Let me know when you’ve managed to think of any part of any answer and I’ll put the kettle on,

wouldn’t miss it for the world

I’ll answer Dave’s post, as he has asked some good questions. It’s funny how he’s managed to do that without insults, wild claims or inciting trouble. He’s never had a ban has he?

I’ll just finishing tidying up my room, so get the kettle on and make yourself another cup of tea. 

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I’ll answer Dave’s post, as he has asked some good questions. It’s funny how he’s managed to do that without insults, wild claims or inciting trouble. He’s never had a ban has he?

I’ll just finishing tidying up my room, so get the kettle on and make yourself another cup of tea. 

I’ll get a flask..............this.could be a first 

Shame you’ve posted since numerous times whilst ignoring his post

Still, I’m sure it will be worth waiting for

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ll get a flask..............this.could be a first 

Shame you’ve posted since numerous times whilst ignoring his post

Still, I’m sure it will be worth waiting for

Havent you got anything better to do, than wind up randoms on the Internet ? Do you have anything better to do ? 

Pathetic for a grown man really. Like REALLY sad. 

Archived