IGNORED

Weimann

Agard Days Night

33 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I now see what people mean with him. A lot of people who were villa fans used to say he runs about but that's it. 

He probably should've been benched since the Birmingham game, he seems to have really dropped off

But he’s Prem quality and we’re lucky to have him!

On 17/02/2020 at 18:21, Davefevs said:

I don’t agree with that opinion, Andi has rarely looked knackered.  He is incredibly fit.  But it is about opinions.  Who was it who said that?

I think I’m with @Major Isewater on this, because fitness isn’t all about aerobics. Andreas clearly has a fantastic engine, but how much does all the relentless running impact upon his thought process under pressure? His decision making around the box? His ability to execute a key pass when it opens up in front him?

It’s always seemed to me that many of his goals have been instinctive, from close range and often guided finishes. You don’t often see him take a touch, slow things down and hit the corner, do you?

And I’ve always had him down as a pretty technically sound player at this level, which means it has to come down to composure and clarity of thought. And the more tired you are, the worse decisions you make...

(That was probably an overly long winded explanation).

9 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I think I’m with @Major Isewater on this, because fitness isn’t all about aerobics. Andreas clearly has a fantastic engine, but how much does all the relentless running impact upon his thought process under pressure? His decision making around the box? His ability to execute a key pass when it opens up in front him?

It’s always seemed to me that many of his goals have been instinctive, from close range and often guided finishes. You don’t often see him take a touch, slow things down and hit the corner, do you?

And I’ve always had him down as a pretty technically sound player at this level, which means it has to come down to composure and clarity of thought. And the more tired you are, the worse decisions you make...

(That was probably an overly long winded explanation).

Hey, no, good challenge.  He ain’t perfect by any stretch.  He can be rash undoubtedly.  I just think that it’s obvious that Fam and Andi just do not work together, and if I had to go with playing one of them, I’d go with Andi.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Hey, no, good challenge.  He ain’t perfect by any stretch.  He can be rash undoubtedly.  I just think that it’s obvious that Fam and Andi just do not work together, and if I had to go with playing one of them, I’d go with Andi.

And, of course, anything that comes down to running, positioning etc can be improved and altered by coaching...

Premier pointer and flapper.

Always telling others where to be and what to do whilst playing his own personal game of Piggy in the Middle (which he never wins.)

Gives the ball away cheaply.

Insufficient pace or touch to prove consistently effectively on the break.

Nice touch with his glancing headers in the box but they're as rare as rocking-horse and overall he costs us.

5 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Hard to understand what has happened to Wiemann since about November. Was really good and scoring. Now looks like a headless chicken offering nothing but a bit of running which frankly anyone could do.

Diedhiou returned from suspension, having made sporadic starts in the early months of the season, as Weimann partnered Afobe, even Semenyo and even more Rodri.

7 goals in 11 starts this season where he didn’t start alongside Diedhiou.

Don't get me wrong, it’s not all Fam’s fault.  They have not formed a partnership in almost two seasons.  Fam has played decently since his return but it’s been at the expense of Andi’s form imho.

For info, Weimann scored 5 in 11 without Fam as his partner last season.

@TBW - is that a statistical correlation, or unrelated. ?

@Shtanley - part answering your question too.

Archived