IGNORED

Afobe - loan deal, option to buy?

CiderCraig

Morning guys, 

Random Q At 2.45am, but do we know if there's an "option to buy" arrangement within Benik Afobe's loan deal to us? 

Stoke fans making noise about wanting him back under Michael O'Neill as they're short on strikers. 

Curious as to whether we have the option. 

2 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Morning guys, 

Random Q At 2.45am, but do we know if there's an "option to buy" arrangement within Benik Afobe's loan deal to us? 

Stoke fans making noise about wanting him back under Michael O'Neill as they're short on strikers. 

Yes, the deal was done . Much the same as the Dasilva deal but obviously will depend on his fitness and the player himself. 

5 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Morning guys, 

Would that be the same Stoke fans that screamed abuse at him every time he went near the ball?

I bet he`ll jump at the chance to pull on the famous stripes again after that.

16 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

lets see how wells pans out first,Afobe wont be cheap even with injury problems. a great guy and addition I agree but might be a  bit fragile for the money??

I guess the hefty loan fee reduces the total transfer fee if enacted?

4 hours ago, City oz said:

Yes but would LJ play him? Recent performances indicate LJ hasn’t a clue who to play. Look at Friday night he should have made changes at half time and give the new guys a shout.

Awesome. 

Totally unrelated, but well done on managing to slag off the manager on this thread ?

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Would that be the same Stoke fans that screamed abuse at him every time he went near the ball?

I bet he`ll jump at the chance to pull on the famous stripes again after that.

Indeed. Both Afobe and Williams have gone on record as saying it wasn’t very enjoyable at Stoke. In Williams case he said it to me too!!!

5 hours ago, City oz said:

Yes but would LJ play him? Recent performances indicate LJ hasn’t a clue who to play. Look at Friday night he should have made changes at half time and give the new guys a shout.

Is the league table upside down to you, in oz..?

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

I believe I remember @Kid in the Riot quoting something like 2.5-3m for perm deal, which would be ridiculous if he could prove fitness in time 

That’s what I remember too, coupled to the  fact that 1) we paid a large loan fee and 2) in the summer his value will be lower as he enters the final year of his contract.

Would be good to see him this season to allay ‘some’ injury fears, and then get him super fit over pre-season. 

8 hours ago, City oz said:

Second in the form table yet doesn't have a clue.. christ we'd be promoted by now if he did have a clue!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2

To add on friday night - the subs were getting ready to come on from the 55th minute - is that really so atrocious compared to the 46th minute?

Archived