IGNORED

Leeds v City on and off the pitch

22A

Regarding this forthcoming fixture; after their defeat at Forest a Leeds fan went on line stating Brentford and Bristol City fans can look forward to three easy points pretty soon Obviously their fans get as depressed and frustrated as ours do.

Off the pitch City won four on the bounce and lost one and so many on here want the manager sacked. Leeds had a ten digit lead over the third placed team. That has been whittled right down as the team have won just one of their last five games, the opposite of City. For some reason though, Leeds fans seem to put their trust in their manager to get the job done.

35 minutes ago, 22A said:

Regarding this forthcoming fixture; after their defeat at Forest a Leeds fan went on line stating Brentford and Bristol City fans can look forward to three easy points pretty soon Obviously their fans get as depressed and frustrated as ours do.

Off the pitch City won four on the bounce and lost one and so many on here want the manager sacked. Leeds had a ten digit lead over the third placed team. That has been whittled right down as the team have won just one of their last five games, the opposite of City. For some reason though, Leeds fans seem to put their trust in their manager to get the job done.

Because despite their poor form they are still generally dominating games and playing attractive football without getting very much luck, we are the complete opposite 

46 minutes ago, 22A said:

I'm not sure Leeds were that dominant. 

5 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Because despite their poor form they are still generally dominating games and playing attractive football without getting very much luck, we are the complete opposite 

Did you see their game last night? Neither Forest or Leeds looked any better than City, and Leeds certainly seem to be lacking confidence. If (and it's a big if) we beat Derby and Brentford beat Leeds, Saturday will be massive.

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Did you see their game last night? Neither Forest or Leeds looked any better than City, and Leeds certainly seem to be lacking confidence. If (and it's a big if) we beat Derby and Brentford beat Leeds, Saturday will be massive.

Mentioned on another thread we can go above  Leeds on Saturday if we win our next two games.

Problem with Leeds is small squad and their trained hard, Bamford isn’t going to score you 20 goals a season but he works hard for the team so won’t be dropped. The keeper is also having a mare currently 

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Forest were on the ball and good all over the pitch, quick in attack and solid at the back, Leeds I`m sorry to say will want there mojo back and we are likely to give it to them if our manager doesnt wake the hell up soon.

Many massive and very tough games this month Derby, Leeds, WBA etc and after we still have to face Cardiff, Swansea, Forest and Preston...top six? we will need to improve on past efforts seems unlikely atm.

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Mentioned on another thread we can go above  Leeds on Saturday if we win our next two games.

Problem with Leeds is small squad and their trained hard, Bamford isn’t going to score you 20 goals a season but he works hard for the team so won’t be dropped. The keeper is also having a mare currently 

Agreed, and re Bamford: he has Tony Cottee Syndrome - always scores against City. And Leeds are currently transforming from looking unlucky to looking a bit desperate. Of course the longer this goes on the more desperate they become, but if they score first their confidence will probably come back quickly.

4 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Forest were on the ball and good all over the pitch, quick in attack and solid at the back, Leeds I`m sorry to say will want there mojo back and we are likely to give it to them if our manager doesnt wake the hell up soon.

Many massive and very tough games this month Derby, Leeds, WBA etc and after we still have to face Cardiff, Swansea, Forest and Preston...top six? we will need to improve on past efforts seems unlikely atm.

Still didn't think Forest looked that good, but I suppose you have to take the opposition into account. I never understood why nearly everyone (including us) overlooked Ameobi. Yep, if we make top six from the games we have left, we'll have deserved it. I think the best I can say is we've mostly got the right cards but we need to play them in the right order.

33 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

After that abysmal display on Friday which has been the same most of the season at home I really cant see us beating Derby.

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Pretty much how I saw it. Forest looked much the better side and Leeds, for all their approach play, never really looked like winning. One other thing I noticed was how ratty and petulant some of their players were getting, Alioski in particular - a different ref could have dished out a lot more yellows and maybe a red or two.

Unfortunately i see nothing other than us handing them 3 points. Typically City to not take advantage of a team in poor form. I’d expect LJ to set us up to defend and likelihood is concede first then game over. 
Funny game really. We win 4 and look confident. We then lose to Brum and i can see us losing another 4 straight with the fixture we have. ?

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

We win 4 and look confident

Well, yes and no. Got battered for periods at Reading and QPR (last 10/15 minutes resembled the Alamo) , in the home game Vs Barnsley we hardly battered them. We have been riding our luck a bit, and I can't remember the last time we dominated a game, short spells maybe , but not a game .

7 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Those fixtures look daunting but we have beaten all those teams in the championship bar Preston oddly.

13 hours ago, glos old boy said:

I see the Leeds manager is reported now on the beeb to say that he "blames himself not the players for the defeat" incase you didnt see that.... LJ?

Bielsa's strengths re also his weaknesses. He is stubborn beyond belief, and while we undoubtedly play some attractive football all too often it comes unstuck because we don't have the guile to get behind defences, mainly crossing from the byline into packed penalty areas. Bamford ain't no Alan Shearer! We rely far too much on the sole striker and the rest of the team has been deficient in goalscoring. 

There was a recent stat which showed that we score with something like 7% of our attempts while our opponents are currently scoring one in three, or something like that. 

Kalvin Phillips getting sent off at QPR was such a blow. He really does make us tick. He's back at Brentford tomorrow night but I can't see anything other than a standard defeat there (haven't won since 1953 or something I believe).

The honest truth is that Bielsa has turned an average, small, squad into something that punches way above its weight. That doesn't mean the capitulation is any less painful, but it does put it in context. We could as easily beat you on Saturday as lose.

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

Bielsa's strengths re also his weaknesses. He is stubborn beyond belief, and while we undoubtedly play some attractive football all too often it comes unstuck because we don't have the guile to get behind defences, mainly crossing from the byline into packed penalty areas. Bamford ain't no Alan Shearer! We rely far too much on the sole striker and the rest of the team has been deficient in goalscoring. 

There was a recent stat which showed that we score with something like 7% of our attempts while our opponents are currently scoring one in three, or something like that. 

Kalvin Phillips getting sent off at QPR was such a blow. He really does make us tick. He's back at Brentford tomorrow night but I can't see anything other than a standard defeat there (haven't won since 1953 or something I believe).

The honest truth is that Bielsa has turned an average, small, squad into something that punches way above its weight. That doesn't mean the capitulation is any less painful, but it does put it in context. We could as easily beat you on Saturday as lose.

You didn't win there in 1953! ?

19 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

You didn't win there in 1953! ?

Which is why I said 'or something'. And 'I believe'.

Pedant.

It was 26th August 1950, actually. 

Better?

It's also fair to say that Brentford themselves have only won at ER once since 1947.

On 09/02/2020 at 15:54, nickolas said:

Unfortunately i see nothing other than us handing them 3 points. Typically City to not take advantage of a team in poor form. I’d expect LJ to set us up to defend and likelihood is concede first then game over. 
Funny game really. We win 4 and look confident. We then lose to Brum and i can see us losing another 4 straight with the fixture we have. ?

I fancy our chances far better playing away than at home and the stats back this up

Cant play at home with any confidence 

We may well beat Leeds 

11 hours ago, SR1 said:

Ditto;  I know a manager and team like that :city:

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

I fancy our chances far better playing away than at home and the stats back this up

Cant play at home with any confidence 

We may well beat Leeds 

Hopefully!

But this game just smacks of LJ overthinking it or trying to be clever. 
We are due a proper drubbing! Hoping not but Leeds away is probably the one game we never really want. 

On 09/02/2020 at 11:38, Sleepy1968 said:

I think I am losing it

Forest not better than City? They made more clear chances in one half than we do in a month

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/championship/leeds-united/leeds-united-fans-lash-out-at-bristol-city-after-club-hands-back-tickets/

Apparently we're tin pot for not selling out our away allocation.

After the last three away games where we sold out the ticket allocation at two of them (from memory), this away trip looks a tad too much financially for many supporters - especially at the prices they charge and the travel costs.

Anyway, with Leeds capitulating lately and having won just two games in the last ten, hopefully this may be our fourth consecutive win on the road and that certainly wouldn't be tin pot.

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/championship/leeds-united/leeds-united-fans-lash-out-at-bristol-city-after-club-hands-back-tickets/

After the last three away games where we sold out the ticket allocation at two of them (from memory), this away trip looks a tad too much financially for many supporters - especially at the prices they charge and the travel costs.

Anyway, with Leeds capitulating lately and having won just two games in the last ten, hopefully this may be our fourth consecutive win on the road and that certainly wouldn't be tin pot.

Tickets are still on general sale , personally don’t think 1,000 is too bad considering distance and cost involved 

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Tinpot? How about rip off more like. Charging £39 to £40 for a second tier football match is an absolute disgrace. Little wonder no one likes them.

On 10/02/2020 at 08:24, SR1 said:

At the risk of sounding a bit xenophobic, if Bielsa is this genius that people seem to think he is, why is a grasp of a few sentences in English beyond him?.

And I personally find the possession based football that his sides play incredibly boring to watch.

On 09/02/2020 at 11:48, daored said:

What I don't get is that you've gone out of your way to spell "their" and still got it wrong. It's "they're" as in they(a)re trained hard. 

it's like when someone goes out of "their" way to say "I" when they should have said "me"   It's as though they've been educated but still get it wrong.

Just very odd....   if in doubt write "there" and say "me". that way people will just assume you are uneducated rather than stupid.

Archived