IGNORED

Leeds v City on and off the pitch

22A

13 minutes ago, city1983 said:

What I don't get is that you've gone out of your way to spell "their" and still got it wrong. It's "they're" as in they(a)re trained hard. 

it's like when someone goes out of "their" way to say "I" when they should have said "me"   It's as though they've been educated but still get it wrong.

Just very odd....   if in doubt write "there" and say "me". that way people will just assume you are uneducated rather than stupid.

Thank you 

3 hours ago, CiderJar said:

At the risk of sounding a bit xenophobic, if Bielsa is this genius that people seem to think he is, why is a grasp of a few sentences in English beyond him?.

And I personally find the possession based football that his sides play incredibly boring to watch.

If indeed he is a football genius that doesn't mean that he's an intellectual colossus generally. I think someone said that he struggles to learn foreign languages partly because he doesn't  see why he has to do it. Football is his obsession and there's little room in his life for anything else. Not knowing the language means that he can slow down press conferences at will and avoid the fatuous questions that UK journalists churn out at a remarkable rate.

As for possession based football I remember Reading under Jaap Stam having about 80% possession at Elland Road years ago and we beat them 2-0, deservedly. Just waited for them to eventually go down a blind alley and hit them on the counter. There is something predictable about our play but it is done with attacking intent. It's just a shame, for us, that we don't have players whose strike rate matches the build up.

We've had 508 shots this season, more than 16 a game and that's more than any other team. We also have more on target every game than anyone else. So it's not boring until you come to tally up the goals, unfortunately for us.

Archived