Am i right in thinking that this competition was always played so that the competing countries playing alternate matches home and away? I find it hard to believe that with only six teams to organise they have contrived to give Ireland and France two home matches each to begin their campaigns. It would appear to give them an unfair advantage ?

It's certainly not unknown. For instance, England play Ireland and then Wales at home later in this Championship. Last year Scotland played Italy and then Ireland at home in the first two rounds. Italy played Wales and then Ireland in the second and third rounds. England played Italy and Scotland at home in the last two rounds.

Scotland and Ireland both had consecutive home fixtures in 2018 as well but I can't be bothered to look any further. Having 3 home and 2 away matches or vice versa gives certain sides an advantage/disadvantage every other year anyway. It's the nature of the competition.

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

We probably won't play in Paris this weekend. If we get two BP wins v France and Italy if and when we play them, then we will win the tournament. I wonder if it'll end up being cancelled altogether though.

now off MR

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Super said:

now off MR

It was almost certain after the FFR's cryptic tweets last night. It's the correct decision as well. One big positive is that my liver won't take its annual Super Saturday pasting with a maximum of one match going ahead.

• Haha 1

Remaining fixtures now confirmed:

Ireland will take on Italy on 24 October, the same day as the Premiership final, with England playing the Barbarians as usual the following day.

The final round of matches will then all take place on 31 October, with Wales hosting Scotland, England playing Italy in Rome and Ireland facing France.

Wales will have to host their home fixtures away from the Principality Stadium after chief executive Martyn Phillips confirmed there will be no more international matches at the ground this year because it is being used as a temporary hospital during the coronavirus pandemic.

This year's autumn Tests are then expected to be replaced by an eight-team tournament in which the Six Nations sides will be joined by Japan and Fiji.