IGNORED

Rugby - six nations

Midred

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Haha Gales

Does head to head or points difference take precedence if France get a BP win v Scotland?

France need to with a bonus point and by 21 points, it’s slim chance. 

Outstanding game. Had everything. Much better than that shite England put out earlier on. 

Quick question, I was getting my daughter ready for bed while it was on and she changed the channel so I couldn't rewatch it.... Did France and Wales not do the rugby against racism stance? I saw they stood for the death of the player then they went straight in to the anthems. Did they forget or just combine the two? 

4 minutes ago, Midred said:

Just an observation,  did the Welsh RFU have separate deal with the BBC. The only games they showed involved Wales.

It's a joint deal with the other nations but it's split so that BBC show the home games of Wales, Scotland and France. ITV show them for England, Ireland and Italy. 

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Welsh Rugby, the definition of never won a World Cup. Sweetie ?

Fine with that as long as we beat (batter) the English, sweetie ? 

In all seriousness you look at participation levels of rugby in the home nations and the budget of the English RFU and they should be miles ahead, but continually underachieve. 

Most people in Scotland don't give two shits about rugby but they still managed to beat England this year ?

43 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fine with that as long as we beat (batter) the English, sweetie ? 

In all seriousness you look at participation levels of rugby in the home nations and the budget of the English RFU and they should be miles ahead, but continually underachieve. 

Most people in Scotland don't give two shits about rugby but they still managed to beat England this year ?

To be quite honest, most people in England don't give a shit about rugby either. In the West Country, it's unusually popular compared to most of England.

The only one of the Six Nations where it's the dominant sport is Wales.

25 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

There's a clip from just after that where Sexton is saying to the ref that Genge elbowed him in the face, to which Genge admits "yeah I did".

I saw that. Altogether very strange but that's that.

I think that France need a BP win by 21 points or more on Friday night to take the title? 

Not that it really matters, but who are we siding with tonight?

Our vaccine whinging garlic eating ex EU comrades or sheep abusers across the border? A hollow championship for the Welsh if Scotland hold France to any meaningful score less than 21 and no try bonus point. But France to do that in the last minute like they did against Wales would be hilarious.....

On 21/03/2021 at 00:21, Red-Robbo said:

To be quite honest, most people in England don't give a shit about rugby either. In the West Country, it's unusually popular compared to most of England.

The only one of the Six Nations where it's the dominant sport is Wales.

Still 140,000 registered players in England compared to 50,000 in Wales. Plus England have all the money to hire the very best coaches in world Rugby.

Yet here we are with Wales winning a second title in three years! 

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Still 140,000 registered players in England compared to 50,000 in Wales. Plus England have all the money to hire the very best coaches in world Rugby.

Fair play to them. 

Great result for them and their plucky referee helpers!

Still haven't equalled England's Six Nations (and forerunners) record or Grand Slam record and, of course, England have never had a Six Nations' Wooden Spoon.

Not that I'm really interested of course...

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sounds about right. First comment on Wales “winning” is a dig at the English game. Obsessed ?. How about being a bit gracious in victory? 

Do you get Scrum V on BBC2 boyo, living in Bristol (England)? What an utter melt

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Sounds about right. First comment on Wales “winning” is a dig at the English game. Obsessed ?. How about being a bit gracious in victory? 

Do you get Scrum V on BBC2 boyo, living in Bristol (England)? What an utter melt

Saturday evening and Triple T is still crying about how shite England rugger is... TYLTS ??

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Saturday evening and Triple T is still crying about how shite England rugger is... TYLTS ??

Hehe - World Cup yet Wales? Oh so close yet so far. Actually not even close...

Enjoy the moment - would be nice if you could just celebrate the moment without mentioning England. Like is said : obsessed.

Welsh supporting City fan oddity ??

Archived