IGNORED

Season tickets for away games

where's the joy

Given how poor our home form has been for several seasons now and that LJ appears unable to fix this, i offer two ideas.

1. we seek to get Ashton Gate blocked as a venue and offer to play all other teams twice away from home each season OR

2. we get to cash in our season tickets at home, for one for away fixtures only

After over 50 years of watching City i can't remember such a long period over too many seasons in which our home form has been of such indifferent quality.

Perhaps we could implement a manager for away fixtures and a different boss for home games?

Play our on loan squad at home only and our first team for away games?

Crazy ideas i know but something has to give, we haven't been a fortress for far too long, and if we could become half decent at home we could grab that promotion spot

33 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Given how poor our home form has been for several seasons now and that LJ appears unable to fix this, i offer two ideas.

1. we seek to get Ashton Gate blocked as a venue and offer to play all other teams twice away from home each season OR

2. we get to cash in our season tickets at home, for one for away fixtures only

After over 50 years of watching City i can't remember such a long period over too many seasons in which our home form has been of such indifferent quality.

Perhaps we could implement a manager for away fixtures and a different boss for home games?

Play our on loan squad at home only and our first team for away games?

Crazy ideas i know but something has to give, we haven't been a fortress for far too long, and if we could become half decent at home we could grab that promotion spot

When we dropped through all the divisions and sunk to the bottom of the 4th, I imagine that the home form was much worse over that period. As a 12 yo I remember crying after division 2 home games in the 80/81 season. It's not quite that bad at the moment!

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve often heard managers refer to certain players saying “they are better when they play at home” and they don’t play them in many away games - we should apply the same to managers, why not?! ??

I can only remember 72-73 where  (this deep into the season) our away form (points/wins) were much better than our home results .

Archived