Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

We know they are Derby, Leeds and WBA, a simple question really who thinks after them we will be sitting mid to bottom half of the table?

If Lee is the manager some think then surely we will be much closer to the top 2 after these next 3 games.

A defining month of the season when we either fall away or stay with the promo pack with the likes of Derby/Cardiff are moving up.

We have an inform striker now  and have strengthened the middle and defence, over to you then Lee go for it or not?

With only 6pts between mid table/top two this month could go either way, recent years say a fall away but it would be nice to buck the trend.

(Please keep replies civil)

Derby are on a good run of form with England's all time goal scorer pulling the strings, so that will be tough, especially coupled with our poor home form.

Still, there is the potential for City to win.  So I'm going to be optimistic and say 2-1 to City.

I expect Leeds to raise their game again soon, and it will probably start against us.  Leeds to win 3-1.

WBA at home, I would hope for at least a point. 

I'm going for 4 points.

Whatever happens, we'll still be fighting for the top six come the end of the season.  For me, not a realistic chance of top two though.

• Like 1

I’m not into predictions but I’d be happy enough with 5 or 6 points from the next 3 games - and you never know we might win all three or even lose all three.............:dunno:

Edited by Robbored
1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

We know they are Derby, Leeds and WBA, a simple question really who thinks after them we will be sitting mid to bottom half of the table?

If Lee is the manager some think then surely we will be much closer to the top 2 after these next 3 games.

A defining month of the season when we either fall away or stay with the promo pack with the likes of Derby/Cardiff are moving up.

We have an inform striker now  and have strengthened the middle and defence, over to you then Lee go for it or not?

With only 6pts between mid table/top two this month could go either way, recent years say a fall away but it would be nice to buck the trend.

(Please keep replies civil)

DLL

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think you’ve miscounted Craig.............

Every time someone says "How many points over the next * matches" someone comes out with a non-viable amount of points...

That was my attempt at that poor humour..

I am not as stupid as you look, Robbored ;) 

@weepywall gets it!

Edited by CiderCraig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

Derby 1 point    Improving Derby we will get a point if were lucky

West Brom 0 points   West Brom best footballing side in the division comfortabl 2-0 away win 

Leeds 0 points   Leeds no need to say anything about this game city inferiority complex 2-0 home win

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Every time someone says "How many points over the next * matches" someone comes out with a non-viable amount of points...

That was my attempt at that poor humour..

I am not as stupid as you look, Robbored ;) 

@weepywall gets it!

Nice back-track ...

On paper you could make a case for us losing all 3. Derby are under performing but form starting to turn, Leeds are in bad form but we always struggle against them, West Brom have won their last couple and are clearly a very strong side when on form.

I think 4 points would be a decent return really, we have to target beating Derby. Even a draw would put the pressure on for Leeds and WBA.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m not into predictions but I’d be happy enough with 5 or 6 points from the next 3 games - and you never know we might win all three or even lose all three.............:dunno:

Thats us in a nutshell really, on paper we would be lucky to get 2/3pts but would not suprise me if we did win all 3.

It cannot be doubted though that we again are in with a chance of play offs, but will more than likely fall away from now on.

We have besides those 3 games yet still to face Cardiff/Swansea/Forest/Millwall/Huddersfield and Preston so it is definately in our hands if we want it enough.:dunno:

2 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Derby 1 point    Improving Derby we will get a point if were lucky

West Brom 0 points   West Brom best footballing side in the division comfortabl 2-0 away win 

Leeds 0 points   Leeds no need to say anything about this game city inferiority complex 2-0 home win

Derby; tough nut to crack, with there new talisman and good forward play;  still 3pts to us as we have to smash em

Leeds; are away to Brentford Tuesday so will be up for it at home Sat and be desperate to make a mark and take 3pts,; us 0 pts

WBA; steamrollered by the Albion, hope for a miracle; 0pts

3games= 3 points

We'll play shite football those two home games and i'd be very happy with 2 points from those. I do fancy us to give Leeds a good game, tough one to predict.

I just wanna see us play good football at home, which has been a bit of an ask this season. 

Edited by Sturny

I can't see us taking any points from the next three and what concerns me more is of our last 15 games we have have to play every team in the top half of the league with the exception of Brentford.

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

I can't see us taking any points from the next three and what concerns me more is of our last 15 games we have have to play every team in the top half of the league with the exception of Brentford.

Although some of the teams in the top half might not be there by the time we play them...

IMO Wednesday's game is massive. If we can avoid defeat and fingers crossed get all 3 points we'll go to Leeds with our peckers up.

I'd love to see a 3 5 2 Wednesday with a start for Henriksen (even if he only manages 45 mins) with Fam and Nahki up top.

If we lose Wednesday, then I can see us getting zero points from the next 3 :sad26:

• Sad 1

Anyone have any idea why the Highlights (Lowlights?) of Friday nights game is not on the main BCFC site?   After the QPR game the 9 minure highlights package was up the next day.  Are they too embarassed to display it?......I have never known it to take so long for game highlights to appear on the site. 

Edited by maxjak