Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m not into predictions but I’d be happy enough with 5 or 6 points from the next 3 games - and you never know we might win all three or even lose all three.............:dunno:

“I’m not into predictions” but I’ll offer up 4 predictions by the end of the sentence 🤣

Robbored predicts either 0, 5, 6 or 9 points. 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not very insightful but we could win all 3 and could possibly lose all 3.

I'm a City fan and can genuinely say I haven't got the foggiest how we'll do!

Hardly surprising. I mean before the Birmingham game it seemed like everything would be in our favour; home advantage, in a winning streak, new goalscorer, impressive loans... nope, we get soundly beaten.

So what should our expectations be now? Literally anything could happen.

56 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Anyone have any idea why the Highlights (Lowlights?) of Friday nights game is not on the main BCFC site?   After the QPR game the 9 minure highlights package was up the next day.  Are they too embarassed to display it?......I have never known it to take so long for game highlights to appear on the site. 

There weren't any highlights!

They gave us a goal start and then outplayed us for 89 minutes.

Even though Derby are on a good run of form, they’re in the bottom 3 for their away results this season. I’d like to think we can come up on top against them! We’re usually a reactive side aswell, especially after Friday’s result. Win 

Leeds (A) are a bogey side to us. Who also happen to be a very good side. 0 points.

West Brom (H) Loss I think. They tore us apart at their place.

Can't predict results with this team this season so instead I'll predict performances.

Derby: similar to Birmingham. We are allowed more of the ball by a well-organised and disciplined opposition. Our midfield are static and lifeless and although we get 15 shots off they are generally poor quality. Of those 15 shots, three are really good shots on target and it's a flip of the coin if they go in. At the other end Bentley saves two thunderous Rooney shots as Derby pepper our goal from range. Bentley is named MOTM regardless of the result.

Leeds: We're battered. It's relentless. Leeds take 25 shots to our 10, but those 10 are decent chances. Our midfield screen is bypassed with ease, exposing the defence and leading to a few heart-stopping defensive errors. When we do manage to break Eliasson does find some joy down the flanks and a few crosses find their target and give our fans some hope.

WBA: This will be carnage imo. They rinsed us at their place and at AG will toy with us. Just watch the Brentford game from last month for some idea of how we'll perform in this one.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Typical! We should be targeting at least 12 points from the next three games - that could put us 3 points clear at the top! Typical of some on here no ambition. About time we went for it. 

It's not a case of 'no ambition'.....it's more a case of 'no calculator' ;)

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Derby 1 point    Improving Derby we will get a point if were lucky

West Brom 0 points   West Brom best footballing side in the division comfortabl 2-0 away win 

Leeds 0 points   Leeds no need to say anything about this game city inferiority complex 2-0 home win

Disagree I think Brentford are the best footballing side in the league by a distance, West Brom are a good side and well organised.

8 hours ago, glos old boy said:

We know they are Derby, Leeds and WBA, a simple question really who thinks after them we will be sitting mid to bottom half of the table?

Isn’t 13th the lowest we could possibly be, even if we lose all 3 games and all the teams below us win all 3 (doubt that’s even possible, but can’t be bothered to look into it) 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not very insightful but we could win all 3 and could possibly lose all 3.

I'm a City fan and can genuinely say I haven't got the foggiest how we'll do!

‘‘Twas ever thus.......

It’s not been an easy ride being a City fan, wouldn’t it be nice, to at least have some idea of how the team will play next game!

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn’t 13th the lowest we could possibly be, even if we lose all 3 games and all the teams below us win all 3 (doubt that’s even possible, but can’t be bothered to look into it) 

mid to bottom half is 12th or 13th, Derby are 13th; 7 points behind us; as for the rest... who knows:dunno:

I think you would prefer I looked the other way and we got all 9points from the next 3games scoring plus 5 or 6 in each game and chased WBA down who will lose their next 3 in the process. 🤔

Point of this thread is to find out who has hopes of LJ galvanising our undoubted talented team into a serious threat over the next few games and who thinks it will be drop away into mid table time as we have done before.....often.

Our last game was a joke, starting from leaving one of the best strikers in this div on the bench to continuing with baffling subs and then blaming some players, he needs to improve Weds for sure, can start with AW on the bench

59 minutes ago, Meh said:

We will win all three games and be 3rd on goal difference.

If Wells and Henriksen play then I wouldn't be surprised if we did win all 3 games

Just have no idea what team will turn up which makes each match an emotional roller coaster

41 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Why stop there lets go for the top, about 5 goals a game in the next 3games could do it🤔

I gave some level headed feedback and you just took it too far. Shame on you 😔

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, INCRED said:

If Wells and Henriksen play then I wouldn't be surprised if we did win all 3 games

Just have no idea what team will turn up which makes each match an emotional roller coaster

The penny will drop with LJ by Wednesday; to be fair I have it on good authority he has been pondering taking a risk at home for the last couple of years - have faith 👍🏻

• Like 1
1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

mid to bottom half is 12th or 13th, Derby are 13th; 7 points behind us; as for the rest... who knows:dunno:

I think you would prefer I looked the other way and we got all 9points from the next 3games scoring plus 5 or 6 in each game and chased WBA down who will lose their next 3 in the process. 🤔

Point of this thread is to find out who has hopes of LJ galvanising our undoubted talented team into a serious threat over the next few games and who thinks it will be drop away into mid table time as we have done before.....often.

Our last game was a joke, starting from leaving one of the best strikers in this div on the bench to continuing with baffling subs and then blaming some players, he needs to improve Weds for sure, can start with AW on the bench

At least you’ve now confirmed the intent of the thread. 
There was me opening this one up thinking people might be chatting about the upcoming tough and exciting matches, top end championship fayre, but actually no, it’s just YET ANOTHER thread to find a new way to slag off LJ. 
Well done sir. I’ll await the next thinly disguised thread in about, oh I dunno, 15 minutes! 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
56 minutes ago, Harry said:

At least you’ve now confirmed the intent of the thread. 
There was me opening this one up thinking people might be chatting about the upcoming tough and exciting matches, top end championship fayre, but actually no, it’s just YET ANOTHER thread to find a new way to slag off LJ. 
Well done sir. I’ll await the next thinly disguised thread in about, oh I dunno, 15 minutes! 

Sorry but how do you "chat about the up coming 3 games" and not mention our manager and or player selection? are we now only to speak of the opposition managers/players as our own are not to be questioned.

Do you not think it was a mistake not to start our new goalscoring forward on Friday for instance, after his run out v QPR?

Edited by glos old boy
58 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Sorry but how do you "chat about the up coming 3 games" and not mention our manager and or player selection? are we now only to speak of the opposition managers/players as our own are not to be questioned.

Do you not think it was a mistake not to start our new goalscoring forward on Friday for instance, after his run out v QPR?

Yes I do think that was a mistake. 
And I said so on the “Wells should’ve started” thread. 
Absolutely fine to discuss team selections vs upcoming opposition but for many it’s just another excuse to launch their latest tirade against the manager. 

Your opening post contained 6 paragraphs. 
4 of them had a sneaky side-swipe at the manager. 
Then the last one asks for “civil replies only”. 

Just start a thread that says “I want the manager out, discuss” and then we can perhaps have a forum back that doesn’t have 17 different LJ out threads in different disguises. 

• Flames 1
12 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m not into predictions but I’d be happy enough with 5 or 6 points from the next 3 games - and you never know we might win all three or even lose all three.............:dunno:

I think the only prediction anyone can make is that anything could happen, 3 losses, 3 wins, 3 draws, who knows!  I’d take 3 draws now if I could 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Yes I do think that was a mistake. 
And I said so on the “Wells should’ve started” thread. 
Absolutely fine to discuss team selections vs upcoming opposition but for many it’s just another excuse to launch their latest tirade against the manager. 

Your opening post contained 6 paragraphs. 
4 of them had a sneaky side-swipe at the manager. 
Then the last one asks for “civil replies only”. 

Just start a thread that says “I want the manager out, discuss” and then we can perhaps have a forum back that doesn’t have 17 different LJ out threads in different disguises. 

I mentioned our manager twice, both questions i.m.o and not "sneaky side swipes" but you are entitled to your view as I and others are likewise.

We are also entitled to express those views on this forum in as many threads/posts as we wish. This thread is different in many respects to other "LJ Out threads" as its now that our squad seems to have enough depth and quality to make that final push needed or indeed fall away from a good position. As these 3 difficult games are now upon us it seemed a good time also to see how others felt our chances were in them and how our manager would set up/select his teams in them.

I dont see it as "slagging off" or "side swiping" just questioning, anyway not going around and around again.........but do watch out for/or avoid, my next thread coming to this forum soon....probably early March :o

Edited by glos old boy

I'd take 4 points from that. Should leave payoffs still in sight. To compete in every game is what's expected. 

I know the championship is always fine margins, but I swear its even tighter this season. Crying out for a team to have a good run in to the playoffs. Could well be us. Just need to time our streek well 

Minimum 4pts from the next 3 games just to keep in touch but after seeing the Birmingham shambles and against much better well drilled sides I'll be amazed if we get anything in February at all or away at Millwall for that matter. Hope I'm eating my words come the start of March but I very much doubt that unfortunately.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Minimum 4pts from the next 3 games just to keep in touch but after seeing the Birmingham shambles and against much better well drilled sides I'll be amazed if we get anything in February at all or away at Millwall for that matter. Hope I'm eating my words come the start of March but I very much doubt that unfortunately.

This is where I'm at. Derby will be well up for it and a win Wednesday will see them edge closer to the play off picture. 

WBA and Leeds, a lot gets said about the way they play and weaknesses there that can be exploited. However the table doesn't lie according to the LJ in brigade, which to be fair it doesn't. It doesn't lie for the teams above us either and they're above us for a reason, they're better than us.

I'm not entirely LJ in or LJ out but cant help but feel like these 3 games will shape our season. We've got a past history with not so poor results against top teams derailing us (Norwich 3-2 last year, wolves 2-1 year before). And I'll live in hope that no matter the results over the next 3 games we will see ourselves improve our league position again for another year, which in many ways a success. Do I have faith in it though? Not really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1