IGNORED

Peter McCall RIP

BBlockExile

Peter McCall attended King Edward VII Grammar School, King's Lynn leaving in 1953 to join Bristol City as a junior.   We are trying to write a biography for the school web site.  Please may I have any information you have.   is it possible to put me in touch with a man called Alex Twigg who seems to have been a close relative.   Incidentally we think the published joining date of 1952 is wrong.   He left school in 1952 and worked briefly in Barclays Bank King's Lynn.    Any information  would be greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, Peter J said:

Peter McCall attended King Edward VII Grammar School, King's Lynn leaving in 1953 to join Bristol City as a junior.   We are trying to write a biography for the school web site.  Please may I have any information you have.   is it possible to put me in touch with a man called Alex Twigg who seems to have been a close relative.   Incidentally we think the published joining date of 1952 is wrong.   He left school in 1952 and worked briefly in Barclays Bank King's Lynn.    Any information  would be greatly appreciated.

He played a total of 84 games for City, scoring once, between April 1958 and April 1962.

From 'Bristol City Football Club: The First 100 Years', dated 1997:

"Young right-half Peter McCall featured prominently during Peter Doherty's controversial reign at Ashton Gate. Discovered playing with King's Lynn, he signed professional for Bristol City in April 1955 and made his League debut against Cardiff City in April 1958, netting his sole goal in a 3-0 home win over Brighton five months later. In May 1962 he moved to Oldham Athletic and was ever present in their 1962/63 promotion success, then joined Hereford United in July 1965 starring in their 1965/66 FA Cup run. 

Still living locally, he was an accountant for Jack Tully's bookmakers and UBM Building Supplies, then an estimator for Bristol City Parks department until early retirement in May 1992. A champion bowls player, he represented England 12 times in the mid-80s and is now assistant chairman of Bristol Indoor Bowls Club"    

On 31/05/2020 at 08:41, Peter J said:

Hi @Peter J

Sorry I have only recently seen this. Feel free to drop me a message on Facebook 'Alex Twiggs'.

Archived