My team for Wednesday

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Bentley 

Hunt       Williams        Baker         Dasilva 

Smith    Henriksen

Eliasson            Palmer         Paterson

Wells

Never gonna happen! Truth be told I’m just keen to see Palmer & Wells play together... I’ll deal with anything else!

Evidence would suggest that is Wells best role with someone like Palmer in behind. But yeah can't imagine LJ going with it.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Evidence would suggest that is Wells best role with someone like Palmer in behind. But yeah can't imagine LJ going with it.

I think it’d be our most creative team. I think Hunt offers some good creativity, even if it is to the detriment of his defending. 

If we went out with that side, played well and narrowly lost, I genuinely think I’d be alright with it so long as we were creating chances. I think that is the team most likely to create chances.

10 hours ago, keynshamred said:

It's brilliant, all these people who critise Johnson and Co and everyone goes for a different 11. Priceless!! How hard is the job and trust him as he sees these players all week. So many different things can happen in one week. Injuries, personal problems etc. 

It says more about Johnson if anything. The fact everyone is guessing who or how we will play. Half way through the season and we haven't a clue how to set, who to play and what sort of football we will play. There lies the problem.

8 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

It says more about Johnson if anything. The fact everyone is guessing who or how we will play. Half way through the season and we haven't a clue how to set, who to play and what sort of football we will play. There lies the problem.

I agree but we now have three new players to shoe horn into the side - why else have them if not to play them ?

FWIW, I would go back to three at the back and play a sort of 3-4-3 style rather than 3-5-2. Not sure if Smith needs a rest after so many games after a long injury, and we need a bit of guile in there as well;

Bentley

Benkovic  Williams  Baker

Hunt  Henriksen  Nagy  Dasilva

Paterson  Diehiou  Wells

Could morph to 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 with these players. 

Time to stop worrying too much about the opposition and let them worry about us. 

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I agree but we now have three new players to shoe horn into the side - why else have them if not to play them ?

FWIW, I would go back to three at the back and play a sort of 3-4-3 style rather than 3-5-2. Not sure if Smith needs a rest after so many games after a long injury, and we need a bit of guile in there as well;

Bentley

Benkovic  Williams  Baker

Hunt  Henriksen  Nagy  Dasilva

Paterson  Diehiou  Wells

Could morph to 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 with these players. 

Time to stop worrying too much about the opposition and let them worry about us. 

I’m worried you’ve put Wells left wing!

What I'd like to see..

Bentley

Hunt (or Pereira, indifferent about it really), Benkovic (think he'll start sooner or later), Baker, Dasilva

Nagy, Smith

Paterson, Palmer, Eliasson

Wells

I don't think he'll go for this, but my reasoning for this is that each of the front 4 will give Derby something to think about. It's harsh on Diedhiou, but think we need a change of impetus. Having Wells as forward removes the temptation for aimless balls forward and hopefully will bring the best out of the creative attacking midfielders. 

Paterson is in good form so must start, Eliasson is always a threat. I really want us to give Palmer a go, he's got X-factor and has played with Wells before. If it's not working, we can always sub him for Henriksen (who I don't think is fit yet) or Diedhiou and move to a 442.

Think Massengo needs a rest, Nagy and Smith gives us a solid base.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Bentley 

Hunt       Williams        Baker         Dasilva 

Smith    Henriksen

Eliasson            Palmer         Paterson

Wells

Never gonna happen! Truth be told I’m just keen to see Palmer & Wells play together... I’ll deal with anything else!

I like the look of that. Agree with your first sentence however. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Bentley

Periera Kalas Baker Dasilva

Eliasson Henriksen Rowe Paterson

Fam Wells

Out of interest who here is playing Wells in?

From the little I have seen he busies himself with movement across the 18 yard box looking for threaded or dinked passes so I think he is ineffective without a CAM able to see his movement and then find him.

Unless Henriksen is that type? Korey certainly isn’t so I think we need to accommodate Paterson in a central role OR bring Palmer in from the cold

I'd like to see (if all match fit) a 3-5-2 like this

Bentley
           Benkovic     Williams     Kalas

Hunt                                                        Dasilva
                     Henriksen     Smith
                                 Palmer
                           Wells    Diedhiou

Would feel comfortable with that back three in terms of playing out from the back.  Think Henriksen will be invaluable in order to gain control in the middle of the pitch and will bring the best out of Korey as well. Getting Palmer in the team at this stage with Wells, could be a masterstroke and there's no better time to at least try it now.

However, that said... I fully expect Baker and Pato to start. Elliason too. Wouldn't be shocked to see Weimann at RWB, honestly think LJ is going to try and shoehorn all of his favourites into the same side.

We really need to utilise Wells properly otherwise I give it 2/3 more games until our fans start writing him off, despite having no service. Wednesday is so important.

5 minutes ago, Meh said:

Out of interest who here is playing Wells in?

From the little I have seen he busies himself with movement across the 18 yard box looking for threaded or dinked passes so I think he is ineffective without a CAM able to see his movement and then find him.

Unless Henriksen is that type? Korey certainly isn’t so I think we need to accommodate Paterson in a central role OR bring Palmer in from the cold

Henriksen can act as a playmaker, although he played a deeper role last season. Palmer is great call, but only if he's recovered from a chest infection. 

Paterson is best deployed behind the front 2, in the hole.

I'd start with Nagy as the AM. He has shown some good dribbling skills, albeit infrequently, but his creativity for our second goal at Fulham was great.

12 hours ago, RedDave said:

Some big away games coming up for Fam and cannot see Fam and Wells working well together. 

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wells needs to start up front with Diedhiou . 

This is a curious one and who the hell knows?! It has to be tried at some stage.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not totally comfortable with any team I’ve come up with, because I’d like to feel confident that the team I pick would be the one I’d pick for Leeds too, or West Brom for that matter....but I don’t!

But as it currently stands, Derby on Wednesday is our most important game of the season, because it’s our next game!

So here goes:

[and I didn’t want to go to a back 5 either....alas]

Bentley

Benkovic | Kalas | Baker

Hunt | Henriksen | Smith | Dasilva

Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou

Subs: Wollacott | Pereira | Nagy | Massengo | Eliasson | Palmer | Weimann

Rationale:

Kalas - can ease him back in as the “spare man”.  Been said he’s fit and raring to go.

Benkovic - looks more than capable on the ball, threat in opposition box.  Kalas to help him through.

Henriksen - need something extra, get him through 55-60 minutes and see how he copes.

Smith - bit of experience alongside Henriksen

Paterson - not great the other night, but has produced, plus added needle with Derby

Wells - must start

Diedhiou - been better than Weimann of late.

Subs:

Palmer - if we need to replace Paterson

Pereira - if we need to replace Hunt, or need to RCB if Benkovic struggles, or if we need to go to a back 4

Nagy / Massengo - both Henriksen and maybe Smith might need replacing

Not Selected:

Maenpaa - purely club developed rule

Williams - tough call, but these are tough times, plus rest for Leeds potentially 

Rowe / O’Dowda - Eliasson covers the left sided option on the bench

It won’t be what LJ picks either, but hey-ho!!!

You’d drop Weimann?

Bold claim, you’ll be lucky not to be pilloried for that Dave.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not totally comfortable with any team I’ve come up with, because I’d like to feel confident that the team I pick would be the one I’d pick for Leeds too, or West Brom for that matter....but I don’t!

But as it currently stands, Derby on Wednesday is our most important game of the season, because it’s our next game!

So here goes:

Bentley

Benkovic | Kalas | Baker

Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou

Rationale:

Kalas - can ease him back in as the “spare man”.  Been said he’s fit and raring to go.

Benkovic - looks more than capable on the ball, threat in opposition box.  Kalas to help him through.

Henriksen - need something extra, get him through 55-60 minutes and see how he copes.

Paterson - not great the other night, but has produced, plus added needle with Derby

Wells - must start

Subs:

Pereira - if we need to replace Hunt, or need to RCB if Benkovic struggles, or if we need to go to a back 4

Not Selected:

Williams - tough call, but these are tough times, plus rest for Leeds potentially 

I like that team. 

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So here goes:

Bentley

Benkovic | Kalas | Baker

Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou

Rationale:

Wells - must start

Subs:

Not Selected:

I'm comfortable you're not manager...

15 hours ago, RedDave said:

Wouldn’t be rushing Kalas back so soon.  Too much of a gamble.  Don’t like Baker in a back three.  Important to get three men in that midfield as well. 

Some big away games coming up for Fam and cannot see Fam and Wells working well together. 

This side is packed full of people who are very comfortable on the ball, Baker aside. 

Palmer and Pato can rotate

Bentley

Pereira.  Williams. Baker. Dasilva

Nagy. Smith. Palmer

Elliason.  Wells.  Paterson 

Subs

Wollocott, Hunt,  Benkovic, Henriksen, COD, Diedhiou, Weimann. 

Clearly it won’t be this side though!

Think this would be my side too, maybe with Henriksen and Benkovic in though. 

We need to be more pressing at home as we struggle to break teams down, this allows to press on the front foot and get after the ball.

3 at the back leaves our best player out of the team or not in his best position which is crazy to think. Unless LJ thinks he can play as the one in the hole, but then we have Pato and Palmer, really rate palmer and think wells movement may be beneficial to him. Think fam could be used more in away games or as a excellent option of the bench if things are working well.

3 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

You’d drop Weimann?

Bold claim, you’ll be lucky not to be pilloried for that Dave.

Can’t pick him until he returns the wages he stole ????

On current form Diedhiou deserves first crack with Wells imho. 

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

I'm comfortable you're not manager...

And me ???

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I can't see Henriksen starting, personally. He hasn't played for about two seasons, has he? 

He's played 5 Euro Championship qualifiers this season for Norway, but no Championship appearances. He made 39 Championship appearances in season 2018/19 and was Hull captain. It would have been a little remiss for City to replace Josh Brownhill with a player with no game time for 2 seasons!

42 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

He's played 5 Euro Championship qualifiers this season for Norway, but no Championship appearances. He made 39 Championship appearances in season 2018/19 and was Hull captain. It would have been a little remiss for City to replace Josh Brownhill with a player with no game time for 2 seasons!

Haha yeah I agree! OK well that's a relief anyway

Archived