IGNORED

My team for Wednesday

Davefevs

56 minutes ago, maxjak said:

All dependent on his level of fitness of course...........but surely if available. we must play Henriksen, to give the midfield some physicality, height and strength?

I think when he's fit he'll be playing. We clearly wanted someone to replace Brownhill who started games as often as possible, stands to reason that his replacement will also be a regular starter.

On 10/02/2020 at 22:19, Davefevs said:

I’m not totally comfortable with any team I’ve come up with, because I’d like to feel confident that the team I pick would be the one I’d pick for Leeds too, or West Brom for that matter....but I don’t!

But as it currently stands, Derby on Wednesday is our most important game of the season, because it’s our next game!

So here goes:

[and I didn’t want to go to a back 5 either....alas]

Bentley

Benkovic | Kalas | Baker

Hunt | Henriksen | Smith | Dasilva

Paterson

Wells | Diedhiou

Subs: Wollacott | Pereira | Nagy | Massengo | Eliasson | Palmer | Weimann

Rationale:

Kalas - can ease him back in as the “spare man”.  Been said he’s fit and raring to go.

Benkovic - looks more than capable on the ball, threat in opposition box.  Kalas to help him through.

Henriksen - need something extra, get him through 55-60 minutes and see how he copes.

Smith - bit of experience alongside Henriksen

Paterson - not great the other night, but has produced, plus added needle with Derby

Wells - must start

Diedhiou - been better than Weimann of late.

Subs:

Palmer - if we need to replace Paterson

Pereira - if we need to replace Hunt, or need to RCB if Benkovic struggles, or if we need to go to a back 4

Nagy / Massengo - both Henriksen and maybe Smith might need replacing

Not Selected:

Maenpaa - purely club developed rule

Williams - tough call, but these are tough times, plus rest for Leeds potentially 

Rowe / O’Dowda - Eliasson covers the left sided option on the bench

It won’t be what LJ picks either, but hey-ho!!!

I think the Baker Williams partner ship has been one of the few positives of late. I didnt see anything from Benkovic on Friday to justify his place (a bit like David Rodgers without the agression)

A part from that looks good

37 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think when he's fit he'll be playing. We clearly wanted someone to replace Brownhill who started games as often as possible, stands to reason that his replacement will also be a regular starter.

Thought DH was coy about him in the presser - suggested if he did start he might only last an hour or so IIRC.

I think:

Bentley

Hunt Williams Kalas Dasilva

Weimann Smith Massengo Paterson

Fam Wells

45 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Thought DH was coy about him in the presser - suggested if he did start he might only last an hour or so IIRC.

I think:

Bentley

Fam Wells

If Kalas is fit, I'd play him alongside Baker.

53 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I think:

Bentley

Fam Wells

I could see us going with that, I wonder if it would cause Derby enough problems though.

I think Eliasson has to play, he's our best creative outlet. Paterson is in good form too so hard to drop him.

I don't think Massengo/Smith works as a combination yet and perhaps Massengo needs a bit of a rest. He looked jaded on Friday.

I posted my ideal team earlier in the thread, but I think in reality it could be a 4-4-2 but something like this..

Bentley

Hunt Benkovic Baker Dasilva

Eliasson Smith Henriksen Paterson

Diedhiou Wells

Not too dissimilar to yours really. I think he will give Henriksen an hour to see how he gets on. I don't think Leicester would've let us loan Benkovic unless we near enough guaranteed him game-time. 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I could see us going with that, I wonder if it would cause Derby enough problems though.

I think Eliasson has to play, he's our best creative outlet. Paterson is in good form too so hard to drop him.

I don't think Massengo/Smith works as a combination yet and perhaps Massengo needs a bit of a rest. He looked jaded on Friday.

I posted my ideal team earlier in the thread, but I think in reality it could be a 4-4-2 but something like this..

Bentley

Diedhiou Wells

Not too dissimilar to yours really. I think he will give Henriksen an hour to see how he gets on. I don't think Leicester would've let us loan Benkovic unless we near enough guaranteed him game-time. 

The team I put up was more what I imagine they'll go with, without knowing who is/isn't fit. 

I can see Kalas back, personally be surprised if he changes both CB's though.

Agree completely about Massengo and could imagine either Nagy or Henriksen coming in along side Korey.

Also agree about Eliasson, I wouldn't drop him, but imagine LJ doesn't want to drop Weimann, so may use him out wide.

I would also be surprised if Pato doesn't play, given his recent form and the fact he should be very fired up to make a point to Derby, hence dropping Eliasson originally. 

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a 5-3-2/5-2-3 to protect Hunt and Dasilva getting forwards - but then the question is Fam or Wells up top or both.

Very tough to call this week, especially after that last defeat.

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bentley

Diedhiou Wells

We suck at 4-4-2

On 11/02/2020 at 10:40, Meh said:

Out of interest who here is playing Wells in?

From the little I have seen he busies himself with movement across the 18 yard box looking for threaded or dinked passes so I think he is ineffective without a CAM able to see his movement and then find him.

Unless Henriksen is that type? Korey certainly isn’t so I think we need to accommodate Paterson in a central role OR bring Palmer in from the cold

Henriksen was a 10 before he came to England. Good enough to get a prem move. Paterson will drift inside and he can link with Wells as well as Dasilva who is good around the box. Rowe can cover the LB position in those instances. On the right would be crosses from Eliasson and whoever is at RB. He just needs to find space on those as anything can happen. Idk I can make it sound good but think that gives us creativity and industry. 

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd like to see...

_______________Bents_______________

_____Kalas_____Williams___Baker_____

Weimann__Henrikson__Nagy___DaSilva

________________Pato______________

__________Wells______Fam__________

I think Weimann has all the attributes of a good wing back.

Yeah, but unfortunely not in Eliasson's league when it comes to delivery. Crazy to start dropping Niklas again. The only player who can take a corner, cross, beat two men etc 

With Wells bound to start up top, I'd like to see Palmer playing but it's asking a lot for him to slot in seamlessly given his lack of minutes recently.  But I'd still play him.  I'd go 3-5-2 with Bentley, Baker Kalas Benkovic, Perriera Dasilva, Smith Henriksen Palmer, Diedheiu Wells.

Seems ridiculous not playing Eliasson but we've simply got to start performing at home and 442 isnt cutting the mustard at the moment.

36 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Liverpool. You could hardly classify two of them as wingers, although they occasionally go wide.

So Wells could play Mane role? I can’t see that.  

Would argue that Salah and Mane are more wingers than strikers.  Liverpool also don’t play three centre backs so I would say the formation proposed is played by nobody

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

So Wells could play Mane role? I can’t see that.  

Would argue that Salah and Mane are more wingers than strikers.  Liverpool also don’t play three centre backs so I would say the formation proposed is played by nobody

As the poster stated
"Could morph to 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 with these players"

Might work, might not. The whole point of this post is to put forward ideas.

I quite like the idea of three interchangeable forward players (similar to the Liverpool front 3), either with 2 central and 1 wider, or 2 central and 1 just behind.

17 minutes ago, Red7 said:

As the poster stated

I quite like the idea of three interchangeable forward players (similar to the Liverpool front 3), either with 2 central and 1 wider, or 2 central and 1 just behind.

Yep.

Paterson as the 10 or wider.

Very fluid with formation options.

Seems like Kalas is fit so, if its three at the back (as 4-4-2 aint doing it), he should be back in.

Bentley

Kalas  Williams  Baker

Hunt  Henriksen  Nagy  Dasilva

Paterson  Diehiou  Wells

But its likely that LJ will stick with four at the back.

If Derby play with wide men up front our full backs cannot afford to play as narrow as usual. I don't want to spend the evening watching Rooney ping 50 yard passes to their unmarked wingers. Against us,  wide men always have time to receive and control the ball before we even look like closing or challenging. I think we definitely need to take the game to them tonight and press much higher and faster than of late. If Wells plays, I would like to see Palmer, if fit,  in the role to supply his runs, and Henrikson, again if fit, to add some power and height in the midfield. I have an inkling we may be a bit more positive tonight than of late. Here's hoping.

1 hour ago, Red7 said:

As the poster stated

..and debate those ideas. 

I think LJ will go 352 as he wants to get benkovic in the side. Not really what I’d do personally but then again I’m not a football manager. Think he may go

Bentley

Benkovic.     Kalas*.      Baker 

hunt.     Nagy.  Hendrickson. Smith. Dasilva

Wells.    Wieman 

*kalas. I would go with him as although Williams has been great, we sit too deep with him in the side due to lack of pace , stopping us getting up the pitch as a unit. Part of the reason we’re getting exposed in midfield imo 

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I think LJ will go 352 as he wants to get benkovic in the side. Not really what I’d do personally but then again I’m not a football manager. Think he may go

Bentley

Benkovic.     Kalas*.      Baker 

hunt.     Nagy.  Hendrickson. Smith. Dasilva

Wells.    Wieman 

*kalas. I would go with him as although Williams has been great, we sit too deep with him in the side due to lack of pace , stopping us getting up the pitch as a unit. Part of the reason we’re getting exposed in midfield imo 

No fam ?

Archived