IGNORED

Jimbo the numpty!

Tangle Foot

That guy was on Sound of the City on RB earlier, what a plonker!

At the beginning of his chat he said Baker & Eliasson were the only players he thought put a shift in against Brum, but then by the end he said Baker and Paterson, :laugh:.

He also said Bentley should be given a rest, which IMHO is rubbish talk, and even called him Bennett? He doesn’t know what’s wrong with Dasilva and Smith is disappointing him!? ?

He also said we are going through a bad time at the moment, unless he was making some sort of premonition, that it total nonsense! 

We been outplayed on 31 occasions this season!?

I totally get everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what the actual F@*K is this guy on about!! 

COYR.

7 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

At the beginning of his chat he said Baker & Eliasson were the only players he thought put a shift in against Brum, but then by the end he said Baker and Paterson, :laugh:.

He also said Bentley should be given a rest, which IMHO is rubbish talk, and even called him Bennett? He doesn’t know what’s wrong with Dasilva and Smith is disappointing him!? ?

He also said we are going through a bad time at the moment, unless he was making some sort of premonition, that it total nonsense! 

I totally get everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what the actual F@*K is this guy on about!! 

COYR.

Welcome to the forum, Mrs Jimbo. ;)

Will listen to the podcast in a minute. You often hear phone ins, or sit near people in the stadium who struggle with much more than basic english, and when you hear players names pronounced wrongly or They get it wrong altogether it does discredit your opinion, regardless of whether what you are saying is actually accurate. 

“er yeah, that bennett in goal, ee looks knackered, ee isnt very good”. 

you mean bentley?

”er yeah, bennett, thats ee”

i still remember the fan in the south stand shouting encouragement to “abrums” cause it was too difficult to say “abraham” apparently.

7 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

COYR.

Agree with most of that to be fair. 

I wouldn't complain if Bentley was dropped. 

Dasilva just back from a longterm injury & is getting less cover from LM/CB than last season. 

Baker always puts his body on the line but thought he was off the pace vs Brum. 

Paterson did put a shift in. 

I wouldn't say Smith is disappointing me as he's been injured for a long time. He definitely has played a lot better though. 

We aren't exactly playing well are we? Despite results. 

There have only been a small handful of games where we have convincingly outplayed the opposition. 

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Will listen to the podcast in a minute. You often hear phone ins, or sit near people in the stadium who struggle with much more than basic english, and when you hear players names pronounced wrongly or They get it wrong altogether it does discredit your opinion, regardless of whether what you are saying is actually accurate. 

“er yeah, that bennett in goal, ee looks knackered, ee isnt very good”. 

you mean bentley?

”er yeah, bennett, thats ee”

i still remember the fan in the south stand shouting encouragement to “abrums” cause it was too difficult to say “abraham” apparently.

When we had Mike Stowell in goal there was this guy called Mick from Stockwell that called radio Bristol every week. He was a very confused man! Who he was, where he was, what was going on. It was a nightmare!

It doesn't discredit the opinion, but it makes it much harder to listen to.

8 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

COYR.

What's his username on here?

I have been on RB a few times (just a few) in the last 20 odd years, and to be fair, you can struggle live to articulate all your thoughts correctly (and I am a company director of a £55m business!). So we have to forgive a little the odd confused caller (specially when its me, even though my last time I went on was the Danny Wilson era!)... 

In terms of Bentley, I agree, he is a great keeper and will rightly play the majority of games, but I would give him a rest for a few weeks to freshen up and Nikki M is a very good replacement IMHO.

I know the recent form is very good, but the home form is shocking (which is what he meant for sure) and the midfield was out fought and over run for large parts of last Fridays game.

As the OP states its all about opinions, even those delivered in a rambling, confused manner...

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Agree with most of that to be fair. 

I wouldn't complain if Bentley was dropped. 

Dasilva just back from a longterm injury & is getting less cover from LM/CB than last season. 

Baker always puts his body on the line but thought he was off the pace vs Brum. 

Paterson did put a shift in. 

I wouldn't say Smith is disappointing me as he's been injured for a long time. He definitely has played a lot better though. 

We aren't exactly playing well are we? Despite results. 

There have only been a small handful of games where we have convincingly outplayed the opposition. 

Hey @Tangle Foot - found him!

9 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

COYR.

So apart from incorrectly pronouncing a few names, I see nothing else he said as wide of the mark? What bit upset you?

• Admin
10 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Jimbo is (I assume) a City fan with an opinion. I might not agree wth it, he might not express it well, but 'numpty', 'plonker'????

The reply from @italian dave is spot on

The world would be a very dull place if we all agreed - having varying opinions from different ends of the spectrum is what makes watching and talking about football so unique

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Cant see anything particularly wrong with the fella shouting ''Abrums''  it sounds like a Bristolian term of affection to me... 

Nowt wrong wiv that me babber, get yerself up the chippy and order a 'cod lot' before its too late! ?

PS... If he was shouting encouragement to Tammy -at least he was standing by his man! ?

31 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

You’re not Jimbo are you?

I'm not no! And I know you worship smith so you would not be in agreement with him?

2 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

Give it a listen, and see if you lap up everything Jimbo said.

COYR.

So what bit don't you agree with?

Archived