IGNORED

Tonight's Games (11/02/2020)

ExiledAjax

25 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

All Brentford aren’t we?

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yep. 

Surely a draw is the best result for City?!

A win would then take us to within 1 point of Brentford and only 3 behind Leeds.

Edited points 

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Surely a draw is the best result for City?!

A win would then take us to within 1 point of Brentford and only 3 behind Leeds.

Edited points 

So basically we aren't anywhere close to competing with Brentford and Leeds. Dreaming of the top two this season is just that - dreaming. The reasons for this have been discussed at length on several other threads so no need to go into it now (but just go back and watch our three matches against those two sides if you want proof).

For me, if not us then I'd love Brentford to go up. I'd also love Leeds to fall apart yet again. So yeh I am all Brentford tonight.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

So basically we aren't anywhere close to competing with Brentford and Leeds. Dreaming of the top two this season is just that - dreaming. The reasons for this have been discussed at length on several other threads so no need to go into it now (but just go back and watch our three matches against those two sides if you want proof).

For me, if not us then I'd love Brentford to go up. I'd also love Leeds to fall apart yet again. So yeh I am all Brentford tonight.

Defeatest?

If Brentford draw and we win, we are most definitely in a playoff place battle with Brentford. We'd be 1 point behind.

Also we'd be 3 points behind Leeds with a chance to close that gap on the weekend!

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

Defeatest?

Realist.

If Brentford draw and we win, we are most definitely in a playoff place battle with Brentford. We'd be 1 point behind.

Last season's FA Cup Final was 0-0 until the 26th minute. Watford were in a battle with Man City until then. You can be as close as you like in February but ultimately come the final whistle against Preston I'll be astonished if we are within 1 point of Brentford.

Also we'd be 3 points behind Leeds with a chance to close that gap on the weekend!

The odd result here and there might temporarily get us close but our football is inferior beyond belief. I always want City to win, I want us to get promoted. This is very, very different to expecting us to win.

If we win the next two games and Brentford draw versus Leeds and away to Birmingham,  we'd be level on points with Leeds and a point ahead of Brentford with 13 games remaining!

I mean, it's not completely mad to consider that.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Don't worry, our expectations are pretty well aligned, but I'd still rather results go the way that is best for a playoff push on the off chance that we go in a Johnson streak just at the right time. 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Don't worry, our expectations are pretty well aligned, but I'd still rather results go the way that is best for a playoff push on the off chance that we go in a Johnson streak just at the right time. 

Sure.

Personally I've already killed that hope. I'm just looking forward to watching a decent football match between two quality teams. Leeds, despite recent results, are a quality team. Suspect Brentford will beat them at Griffin Park though.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

If

I think the most plausible part of my hypothetical is Brentford drawing those two difficult games.

City winning both is unlikely. BUT Leeds are on horrible form and if we beat Derby somehow, you'd fancy our chances at Elland Rd

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Draw best, then Brentford win. Leeds surely can't throw it away again...

Leeds have won 2 in ten games. They're in relegation battle form and now face Brentford and City. We might be relatively inferior, but we're dangerous away from home, especially against a profligate home side

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think the most plausible part of my hypothetical is Brentford drawing those two difficult games.

City winning both is unlikely. BUT Leeds are on horrible form and if we beat Derby somehow, you'd fancy our chances at Elland Rd

Leeds are on a horrible run of results. However the stats from those games match up with those from earlier in the season. So whilst results are poor their performances are sticking at the same level. They've been losing by slim margins and in the losses to Wigan and QPR certainly deserved more. IMO they've simply had a rotten run of fortune.

I enjoy their annual collapse but I think we'll find it very tough and will need a chunky slice of luck to get something at Elland Road regardless of the Derby result.

21 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Leeds are on a horrible run of results. However the stats from those games match up with those from earlier in the season. So whilst results are poor their performances are sticking at the same level. They've been losing by slim margins and in the losses to Wigan and QPR certainly deserved more. IMO they've simply had a rotten run of fortune.

I enjoy their annual collapse but I think we'll find it very tough and will need a chunky slice of luck to get something at Elland Road regardless of the Derby result.

So you're telling me there's a chance...? ?

1 minute ago, mozo said:

So you're telling me there's a chance...? ?

There is, as you say, always a chance. I guess I am not a dreamer.

As for me I have just discovered that Brentford v Leeds is a red button game. Such games aren't on Now TV (how I watch Sky) so I'll need to find another stream. The one time I'm annoyed at Leeds not getting prime coverage. 

• Admin

Just heard something interesting Brentford have started doing 

During training and pre match warm up on the pitch tonight when Brentford are practising free kicks they have worked out which Leeds players stand where in the defensive wall so where they are using a frame as an imaginary wall they have printed the faces of the players so they can perfect their aim better and not be concerned who is stood in front of them 

A few games affecting us tonight.  A draw between Brentford & Leeds would suit me and an unlikely win for Charlton at Forest would be great. Handy too if QPR could beat Swansea.

It's tomorrow's games that really matter though starting with our game v Derby where we really need to get all 3 points.  Preston to lose at Stoke would be nice as would it be helpful if Cardiff lost at Uddersfield.

Don't forget also that the Sags are away at Tranmere tonight.  Come on the Superwhites.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Just heard something interesting Brentford have started doing 

During training and pre match warm up on the pitch tonight when Brentford are practising free kicks they have worked out which Leeds players stand where in the defensive wall so where they are using a frame as an imaginary wall they have printed the faces of the players so they can perfect their aim better and not be concerned who is stood in front of them 

I would make a wall of Neil Warnock cut outs personally.

Archived