IGNORED

Frustrated

Bob Thompson

We are on the edge of the playoffs. There are no mug coaches in this league. We have a player with 11 assists. Don’t you think the other teams know this. We’ve sold a key player to get a striker. Don’t you think other teams know we have weakened mid field. It takes time to introduce new players into a team. Slowly we are moving in the right direction. Stick with it.

11 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

We are on the edge of the playoffs. There are no mug coaches in this league. We have a player with 11 assists. Don’t you think the other teams know this. We’ve sold a key player to get a striker. Don’t you think other teams know we have weakened mid field. It takes time to introduce new players into a team. Slowly we are moving in the right direction. Stick with it.

No doubt that Eliasson will be coveted come the summer window but that’s quite some time ahead and until then he’s still our player.......

And......Brownhill wasn’t sold to buy a striker......City have needed a goalscorer since Afobe did his ACL and City weren’t going to stand in the way of not allowing JB to sign for a PL outfit.

Of course other teams are aware of what players City have just as City know what players every other Championship club has. They all know what each players strengths and weaknesses are and they’ll know the Eliasson is very left sided.

One point I do agree with is the last sentence.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

No doubt that Eliasson will be coveted come the summer window but that’s quite some time ahead and until then he’s still our player.......

And......Brownhill wasn’t sold to buy a striker......City have needed a goalscorer since Afobe did his ACL and City weren’t going to stand in the way of not allowing JB to sign for a PL outfit.

Of course other teams are aware of what players City have just as City know what players every other Championship club has. They all know what each players strengths and weaknesses are and they’ll know the Eliasson is very left sided.

One point I do agree with is the last sentence.

Yep, and in showing attention to Eliasson, it ought to allow others more space.  We need to exploit that better.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, and in showing attention to Eliasson, it ought to allow others more space.  We need to exploit that better.

Absolutely Dave. Opposition teams frequently double up on him but that’s a discussion for different thread.........:cool2:

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This is where I feel palmer could, should and imho would  excel and deliver  if given  the chance to get sharp and the freedom when attacking. 

Assuming he has the options,(point in case Afobe  early season and hopefully Wells moving forward) I adimant he has the the brain,vision and execution to really cause the opposition major problems on a consistent basis and play a big part in the run in. 

How we we fit him and 2 strikers aswell as Eliesson in is the conundrum. 

The problem I've always found with wingers are that they are fairly easy to snuff out of a game.  If I were Lee, I might be tempted to drop Nic to the bench and play through the middle with Palmer to surprise Derby with unexpected tactics.  He could even go 352 with Kalas now fit and use DaSilva and Hunt in a more advanced role.

We shall find out at 6.45.

Archived