IGNORED

A bit rich ?

AppyDAZE

i'd have more respect if he'd said "Bournemouth are only here because they dodged the rules"

5 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness should a ref really be saying those things? 

Probably not, but they are human. When a player says something out of turn, people accept it that they were under pressure etc

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

So just ignore player behaviour then

Don’t think anyone’s saying that. 

It’s unprofessional from the referee and potentially calls his impartiality into question. Player behaviour towards referees is a separate issue and one doesn’t negate the other. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s unprofessional from the referee and potentially calls his impartiality into question. Player behaviour towards referees is a separate issue and one doesn’t negate the other. 

The ref was clearly wrong, but i'm not sure how stating that Bournmouth are crap this season is being impartial.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No , it smacks of 'we as players can say what we like.' I haven't got a problem with it . Pathetic behaviour by Bournemouth. 

15 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

The ref was clearly wrong, but i'm not sure how stating that Bournmouth are crap this season is being impartial.

A referee laughing about a club’s league position is only ever going to be construed as a question mark over their professionalism, rightly or wrongly. 

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

No , it smacks of 'we as players can say what we like.' I haven't got a problem with it . Pathetic behaviour by Bournemouth. 

Don’t think anyone’s saying that. Respect should be a two way street, but players disrespecting officials doesn’t make officials disrespecting players any less wrong. Clearly neither are right. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A referee laughing about a club’s league position is only ever going to be construed as a question mark over their professionalism, rightly or wrongly. 

Don’t think anyone’s saying that. Respect should be a two way street, but players disrespecting officials doesn’t make officials disrespecting players any less wrong. Clearly neither are right. 

Yet week in week out, players are NOT reported for being disrespectful, as it happens every single game. Not really fair is it?

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The player involved called the comment disrespectful.  Wow pass me a tissue. 

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yet week in week out, players are NOT reported for disrespect, as it happens every single game. Not really fair is it.

Completely agree, it’s one of my biggest bugbears in modern football. But blame weak referees for not taking action, the laws are clear, refs are seemingly too weak to dish out the appropriate sanctions.

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The player involved called the comment disrespectful.  Wow pass me a tissue. 

So you wouldn’t have a problem with, let’s say, Keith Stroud laughing about City’s poor home form whilst actively refereeing our game?

Don’t see how it can ever be seen as anything other than unprofessional tbh. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Completely agree, it’s one of my biggest bugbears in modern football. But blame weak referees for not taking action, the laws are clear, refs are seemingly too weak to dish out the appropriate sanctions.

It's clearly going to divide opinions, but I find it all a bit hypocritical of Bournemouth and their player/s.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So you wouldn’t have a problem with, let’s say, Keith Stroud laughing about City’s poor home form whilst actively refereeing our game?

No, but I would ask WHY he has felt the need to say it in the first place. I doubt very, very much that a referee would come out with something like this had he not been getting serious verbals in the first place. Give and take, i say.

Haha Just heard that Gosling said "the referee wasn't helping us much"  :laugh:

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

No, but I would ask WHY he has felt the need to say it in the first place. I doubt very, very much that a referee would come out with something lke this had he not been getting verbals in the first place. Give and take, i say

Absolutely. I’m sure there’s an element of good natured banter between players and ref in most games, but to formally highlight it suggests it goes beyond that.

You’d expect Moss to have it in his match report if he was on the receiving end of anything beyond the norm. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No , I'd agree with him because it's a fact and I'm a grown up. 

I don’t see a problem with refs engaging in a bit of banter. They are human, after all. 
If Gosling was saying to the ref “you’re having a shocker” and the ref replies “so are you” then that’s fine in my book. 
He might’ve even said “you shouldn’t be reffing at this level”, to which the ref replied “yeah, and you’re in the relegation zone”. 
That’s a great response to be fair the the ref here. 

If the ref had purposely gone out of his way to say these comments to the Bournemouth players, then yes, there’s a bit of an issue there. But if, as I’d fully anticipate being the case, the ref was just responding to a player calling into question his decisions, then I don’t see a problem and Gosling ought to grow a pair. 

Is this Gosling the same one who broke another players leg intentionally a few years ago. He needs to look at himself, perhaps. 

Archived