IGNORED

Citys first LIVE away league game on ITV was against?

Never to the dark side

Great game and I always think of that incident with Sutton giving away the pen and being sent off whenever we go two behind as an example of how things can rapidly change in a split second. Prior to that we were 2-0 down early on and not in the game. But then suddenly we were 2-0 down but now against ten men and with a penalty to take against an outfield player in goal. We instantly became the favourites especially when the penalty was converted. But credit to Derby, they went down fighting in a seven goal thriller.

I think our first live televised league game at home was against Grimsby, where we won a dire contest 1-0 with a goal from Nicky Morgan iirc. Although, Scott Partridge rings a bell with that fixture.

26 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

I remember us going 2 down early doors and thinking “uh oh”....kicked right off after nawl!   

Yep, Derby were cruising at 2-0, then their keeper got sent off and the game changed.

Great day out.

Hated the Baseball Ground, though. (and Paul Simpson, bloody pixie !)

35 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This one?

From what I have watched it goes to show how entertaining the football was back then. I remembered it as a dire encounter, but seeing it again now we were quite an exciting side, really getting the ball forward and attacking at pace. Jeez, if we seen football like this at home now we'd be going home ecstatic compared to the pedestrian play we watch now. Yet at the time I considered it dire!!

Archived