IGNORED

Mistakes and Mis-Placed Passes

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why not wait until full time and judge the performance in its entirety?

Because it’s a live forum? Why can’t I pass comment on the first 30 mins? 

Whether we win or lose tonight, the number of misplaced passes and mistakes Is a common theme with us. 

Id make the same comment if I was there tonight.

Whats the problem?

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Because it’s a live forum? Why can’t I pass comment on the first 30 mins? 

Whether we win or lose tonight, the number of misplaced passes and mistakes Is a common theme with us. 

Id make the same comment if I was there tonight.

Whats the problem?

No problem, you’re entitled to your opinion. Just felt like you were sticking the knife into the performance a bit too soon.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No problem, you’re entitled to your opinion. Just felt like you were sticking the knife into the performance a bit too soon.

Nope, definitely not City good/bad Johnson in/out thread ?

Having watched almost every home game this year, it’s something that seems to be a running theme.

12 hours ago, 054123 said:

We are littered with them.

Poor timing, poor judgment, it’s beginning to define our season.

I think a lot of what you describe comes from unfamiliarity with teammates and frequent changes of formation. 

I think we should just accept that every team makes mistakes and misplaces passes to greater or lesser degree.

At the moment, rather than a smooth, buzzing, technically proficient Porsche I’d liken us to a rough old monster 5 litre Chevrolet. 

We get to our destination, but not in the style one would like. Short spurts of power followed by clanky, mis-firing where nothing works in harmony.

We do get there though, which is progress.

29 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Thought Smith was particularly guilty of this tonight and being next to Henriksen seemed to highlight a lack of technical ability. 

We have seen that Nagy does have this technical ability but has not been the same player since his injury, let’s hope he can rediscover some of his form. 

Not convinced Smith will be the same player after all the injuries, medium to long term- hope I'm wrong!

Nagy, I don't think was fully fit- on return- fit enough not to be injured but not full on match, game ready fit.

We did have 3 players making their full debut last night, one who's mainly played reserve football this season and another who hasn't really played in any competitive games this season. That accounts for a lot, especially as they were the spine of the side as it'll change the rhythm. We were also playing a slightly unfamiliar formation too.

I didn't think we made that many mistakes and misplaced passes, Derby did a fair few of their own but it's easy to be hypercritical of our own side.

12 hours ago, 054123 said:

Having watched almost every home game this year, it’s something that seems to be a running theme.

Been that way for a while, strangely I thought we were slightly better last night. Even though they were dominating possession , they created nothing of note. Waghorn shot wildly wide, and even the shot on target, Bentley would have done well to get out of the way of. We though, had created a few opportunities without hitting the target, but at least threatened. Those games where we can't seem to find our own player from a couple of yards really stand out. I thought Derby's passing and movement was very good last night, barely threatened until the final 30 though. 

3 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Thought Smith was particularly guilty of this tonight and being next to Henriksen seemed to highlight a lack of technical ability. 

We have seen that Nagy does have this technical ability but has not been the same player since his injury, let’s hope he can rediscover some of his form. 

Nagy was excellent at Fulham away, which was after his injury. Agree though that he needs to find that ‘game’ of his on a more consistent basis. He was popping up all around the Fulham 18 yard box and actually was the instigator of that super move that saw him assist Fam for our 2nd goal. 

I actually think he’s more box to box than some people think. His worst games are when I’ve seen him literally so deep picking up the ball, he may as well be a centre half. 

Archived