IGNORED

Benkovic

Kid in the Riot

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

His fault for their first goal wasn’t it ?

It was three on two, he got drawn to the near post but he was marking someone.  I'd look at the midfield harder, losing the challenge without making a foul out of it and not coming back with a runner.

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Possibly both he got pulled wide. Both goals unmarked player in 6 yard box 

I'm guessing once he tunes into playing alongside a regular partner at the back, communication of who's picking up who will massively improve. Was a bit 'Wild West'  the way him and Williams were picking up players in the box at times! Great early signs though from our young Croat.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Benkovic followed Williams man didn’t he?

There were two forwards at the near post with Williams and Benkovic both with them.  Williams didn't get up enough for the header and glanced it.  The scorer came in behind running from midfield.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Woah. Outstanding tonight, in both boxes.

Some player we have with us until the end of the season. Him and Baker could be an awesome combination.

Think you need to watch that back again. 

Good on the ball and dangerous in their box, but positioning poor on a number of occasions tonight. 

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

There were two forwards at the near post with Williams and Benkovic both with them.  Williams didn't get up enough for the header and glanced it.  The scorer came in behind running from midfield.

Waghorn makes a clever run but Smith must do better it was his man and hd just stopped.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Waghorn makes a clever run but Smith must do better it was his man and hd just stopped.

I haven't seen a replay, but I had the impression he got his ankles clipped and lost a stride.  Should have fouled, should have made up ground with Waghorn - agree.

5 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

If you watch it back Smith is actually with the runner but let's him go. Think he could/maybe should have tracked him. 

Thought Dasilva was too wide and should have marked Waghorn if you look at it back Dasilva is backpost marking no one. Think both their goals were sloppy on our part rather than them being overly good

Whoever was at fault there were two goals conceded where their player was unmarked in the six yard box. We looked a bit wide open in defence in the last half hour. In contrast to the last two away games. 

Maybe it will improve with more games together. I would like to think Kalas would be in that defence when fit. NB has also been very good recently.  I'm unsure about it being AW and FB as the first choice CBs. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought Dasilva was too wide and should have marked Waghorn if you look at it back Dasilva is backpost marking no one. Think both their goals were sloppy on our part rather than them being overly good

Dasilva's positioning all game was off and I noted exactly the same as you.

He had a poor game defensively imo and was a weak link.

His forward play sometimes masks his relatively poor defensive play - young intelligent player with huge talent who will get it right.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Whoever was at fault there were two goals conceded where their player was unmarked in the six yard box. We looked a bit wide open in defence in the last half hour. In contrast to the last two away games. 

Maybe it will improve with more games together. I would like to think Kalas would be in that defence when fit. NB has also been very good recently.  I'm unsure about it being AW and FB as the first choice CBs. 

Certainly can’t put any blame on the CB’s for the 2nd goal. They were both up front for our free kick and were not defending their counter attack. 

Archived