IGNORED

The Jack Hunt conundrum.

Prinny

On 13/02/2020 at 23:58, LocoPal said:

In all fairness, Tom Larwence is one of the most difficult & skillful mildfielfiers to contain down that side, so Jack Hunt did a great job on him.

I know you haters don't want him in, but he is the 'balls'out', best right back we will have had for a while. Just wait & see!

Please continue your support!

It is important!

I have made one post (ever) regarding this player due to another poster asking for an opinion.

Hater? 

What do you think of the points raised? How can you be balls out when narrowing down? Was the player balls out v crosses and defending one v one?

My opinion is I  would like to see the player being more aggressive defending crosses in wide positions. I like the team getting compact and screening, but when the ball enters particular zones I would like to see the full backs (the team) defending situationally.

The defending v the first goal. The full back position is debatably affecting little.

Hunts defending v the second goal was? Well it goes against defensive principles. You get out quicker in that zone and defend that situation by not backing off and giving your opponent three metres = Deny, dictate and maybe delay. 

On 14/02/2020 at 00:46, Davefevs said:

I only have a Wyscout subscription with very limited video (20mins per month) at £12pm.  James has the full package, something like £100pm.  I get full data/stats for my sub, but the video is where they make their money.

I occasionally create videos like this, but usually just watch them to check certain things.

I created a Diedhiou one v Fulham for Shtanley.

I've seen that James guy on twitter, interesting account. Lots of great highlight videos too. Does he post here?

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I have made one post (ever) regarding this player due to another poster asking for an opinion.

Hater? 

What do you think of the points raised? How can you be balls out when narrowing down? Was the player balls out v crosses and defending one v one?

My opinion is I  would like to see the player being more aggressive defending crosses in wide positions. I like the team getting compact and screening but when the ball enters particular zones would like to see the full backs (the teams) defending situationally.

Hunts defending v the second goal was? Well it goes against defensive principles. You get out quicker in that zone and defend that situation by not backing off and giving your opponent three metres = Deny, dictate and maybe delay. 

Please just see this as feedback, feel free to ignore. I think the issue is your posts can come across a bit like you're lecturing people so might turn people off. Just my opinion but it's a shame because obviously you know your stuff so would probably be very informative for people.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Please just see this as feedback, feel free to ignore. I think the issue is your posts can come across a bit like you're lecturing people so might turn people off. Just my opinion but it's a shame because obviously you know your stuff so would probably be very informative for people.

The questions are reasonable how can you be balls out when backing off? How is the player affecting the player in possession?

Hater? 

It can be a challenge responding to that level politely. I chose to be polite. 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

The questions are reasonable how can you be balls out when backing off? How is the player affecting the player in possession?

Hater? 

It can be a challenge responding to that level politely. I chose to be polite. 

I'm not necessarily referring to your posts in this thread, just generally. I think your writing style comes across as a bit unfriendly which may be why you've received that particular response.

Of course it's totally up to you how you post on this forum, just my 2c. 

I agree with Cowshed on his views.

I also agree with Foggy on his reaction.

I'm also guilty with my writing style of coming across as cold...it's not intended.

Re our 'fullbacks'...they aren't really that in the traditional mode.

Hunt and DaSilva and Pedro are all wing backs imo. They have been brought in to be effective going forward. They suit a 3412 or 3151 more than a straight 442.

Both aren't proactive enough or aggressive enough, with speed, in trying to close down or block a cross coming over.

It's way too easy for balls to be crossed in with accuracy and time to do it. They have on many occasions had little effect on balls being crossed in. No urgency by either of them to stop crosses. Jogging into that position and sticking a leg out is not good enough.

It's the same when some of our forwards press with a jog...it has little effect on the outcome as the opposition has so much time to deliver a pass or cross.

I still think Korey when at right back has shown he is very good defensively. Our best one on one player defensively according to LJ. I agree with that.  

Against Man City in the 2nd fixture he played there and was as comfortable as one could be against Sane considering how all over us they were for most of the game.

I think Korey was our man of the match at right back against Huddersfield when we won 4-0.

He was outstanding in the 2-1 win at right back at home to Cardiff. No coincidence O'Dowda was man of the match on the right wing in front of Korey.

Thinking back to this forum when discussing Korey after a game he has looked so good at right back the argument from most has been 'he's too important in midfield'. Not 'he's not good at right back'.

Maybe it's still the case we need him in midfield, who knows.

I think it's an option. Though I do like Pereira. Korey has certainly shown to be a very solid right back, who is obviously very good in his link up play and work rate. 

50 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thinking back to this forum when discussing Korey after a game he has looked so good at right back the argument from most has been 'he's too important in midfield'. Not 'he's not good at right back'.

Maybe it's still the case we need him in midfield, who knows.

I think it's an option. Though I do like Pereira. Korey has certainly shown to be a very solid right back, who is obviously very good in his link up play and work rate. 

Smith is too valuable in midfield to be playing at RB and I can’t see why some posters have and issue with Yorick. I think he’s a very capable full back who tends to play more as a wing back with him bombing up the wing.

Like all wing backs he can get caught out of position but his team mates should automatically fill the vacant area - that’s  basic defending taught at schoolboy level.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've seen that James guy on twitter, interesting account. Lots of great highlight videos too. Does he post here?

No, he doesn’t.  He’s happy for me to plagiarise some of his stuff on my “what can we expect” threads.  He was the guy that got me into looking at Wyscout data / subscription.  You can blame @Coppello for Statszone and @spudski for Whoscored. ?

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Smith is too valuable in midfield to be playing at RB and I can’t see why some posters have and issue with Yorick. I think he’s a very capable full back who tends to play more as a wing back with him bombing up the wing.

Like all wing backs he can get caught out of position but his team mates should automatically fill the vacant area - that’s  basic defending taught at schoolboy level.

He might well be too valuable in midfield.

It depends on if Massengo and Nagy can find consistency as with Henriksen here too, it may be that we could go with Korey at right back.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It depends on if Massengo and Nagy can find consistency as with Henriksen here too, it may be that we could go with Korey at right back.

As long as Korey keeps playing decently enough, I’d offer him another year for his versatility...that RB position is a longer term prob.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well......most of us agree that both Nagy and Massengo are currently too lightweight for the hurly burly of a Championship midfield. Both very talented footballers but both could do with an extra stone of weight.

Massengo is still growing and hopefully Nagy is working hard on his upper body strength in the gym.

With Jack Hunt you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth. 

Rewatch the QPR goal. That could go either way... Hunt shit, or Hunt brilliant. 

He streams through to challenge for a 50/50. He loses, they break really dangerously. He wins and he puts over a cross where Fammy can’t miss his header ? 

If Hunt had the same defensive capability as he did attacking prowess, he’d be Prem. 

Archived