IGNORED

Rooney (Merged)

Up The City!

Thought he was Class..but if I were playing I'd have kicked him off the park. Unlike Smith who wanted to be his best mate all game, in the same way LJ fawned all over Bielsa 

Just need a slow Mo video of Smith and Rooney to Titanic music on Valentine's day to top it off...seriously embarrassing by our captain tonight. Watch highlights on Sky.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Thought he was Class..but if I were playing I'd have kicked him off the park. Unlike Smith who wanted to be his best mate all game, in the same way LJ fawned all over Bielsa 

Just need a slow Mo video of Smith and Rooney to Titanic music on Valentine's day to top it off...seriously embarrassing by our captain tonight. Watch highlights on Sky.

Nicholas tipped him over at least twice, I don’t think WR got a free kick...

For someome his size he was never going bomb up and down he been playing that deep role since joining derby i think they realised he wouldnt be fit enough for 90 mins in an advanced role, thought he was different class makes things look so easy and always had time on the ball and his set pieces were dangerous aswell 

He had an excellent first 20 mins but faded from then on. His passing was excellent - albeit we gave him far too much space. That said as a CDM he is such a luxury player - he didn’t make a tackle all night & had no legs for chasing back. It’s a ‘No’ from me!

8 hours ago, Cardy said:

He had an excellent first 20 mins but faded from then on. His passing was excellent - albeit we gave him far too much space. That said as a CDM he is such a luxury player - he didn’t make a tackle all night & had no legs for chasing back. It’s a ‘No’ from me!

He did not play as a CDM. He was moving from deep short and wide in positions that were not defensive.. 

I understand that Rooney is due in with the DCFC physio team at 0900hrs this morning to have copious amounts of cream applied to his butt cheeks.  It seems that they are somewhat scorched from all of the smoke blown up there last night by Parry and Hendrie.  

To be fair, I did enjoy watching him knocking the ball out to wide men, he still has skills not seen too often in this division but I'm glad that he was on the losing side!

COYR

10 hours ago, nickolas said:

So, what we thinking?!

Thought he was ok, they were so obvious playing everything through him. 
However, what a self obsessed moaning ####er! Spent the entire game moaning at the referee. 
Billy big bollox didnt get what he wanted tonight. 

Did anyone attempt to tackle him (or any other Derby player)? 

The tactic was "run towards player and stop 5 yards before getting there and watch, leaving enough space for them to pass" 

44 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Did anyone attempt to tackle him (or any other Derby player)? 

The tactic was "run towards player and stop 5 yards before getting there and watch, leaving enough space for them to pass" 

Yep. Far too much respect. Just needed to be smashed. Wheres Dave Martin when you need him! ?

It wasn't the obsession with Rooney I found crazy, but the amount of errors he made because I don't think he knew who any of our players were. Off the top of my head mistakes were;

1) Calling Bentley Hamer

2) Calling Eliason Ellison

3) Calling Eliason Dasilva

4) LJ is unhappy that Waghorn has been booked

5) A win or draw will lift us into the play offs despite Preston playing

6) The many different versions of Fammys name

7) Going 3-0 up was a 'turnaround'

Thought he played really well and more or less ran the game for Derby. Was definitely the most influential player for Derby, if not on the pitch. Yes, the commentators were creaming over him. But the commentary was poor anyway, not just the Rooney love in but generally. Waghorn got booked and Parry said Lee Johnson wouldn't be happy that his leading scorer had been booked so early. Commented on our first corner after 30 minutes or so when it was our second, Nicolas Ellison etc etc.

Not sure what the booing was all about, one of the best players to ever play for England and no previous bad blood, just makes us look tin pot.

16 minutes ago, grifty said:

It wasn't the obsession with Rooney I found crazy, but the amount of errors he made because I don't think he knew who any of our players were. Off the top of my head mistakes were;

1) Calling Bentley Hamer

2) Calling Eliason Ellison

3) Calling Eliason Dasilva

4) LJ is unhappy that Waghorn has been booked

5) A win or draw will lift us into the play offs despite Preston playing

6) The many different versions of Fammys name

7) Going 3-0 up was a 'turnaround'

Worse was when our third goal went in and the commentator said " game over".

Confirms  they know nothing about Bristol City!

One thing I spotted that showcased his class was early in the game when he was being pressured by Eliasson, could've played a simple ball forwards but to a player who was being marked.. instead he paused for half a second and nutmegged Eliasson with a simple pass back to the keeper. Only a top player would have the footballing intelligence to even consider doing that. 

A small detail, but I bet if you're on the same pitch as him he's very difficult to play against. 

Archived