IGNORED

Rooney (Merged)

Up The City!

I have never seen him play live and I am interested to do so. I am of a generation that was brought up to appreciate good players no matter who they played for. In my experience the difference between the good and very top players is they way they play the ball. Le Tissier, Bobby Charlton, Ardiles, Hoddle, Brooking, and players of that level seem to stroke the ball, rather than kick it. It must be in the timing, but it looks a different game when they play.

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

He'll be booed when he comes over to the SS/Dolman corner if he's on their set pieces. Just like every other player gets. 

Be a bit weird if we single him out to boo everytime he's on the ball, he's an England legend.

I can’t imagine that it will bother Rooney one iota if he gets booed. In fact he’ll probably more annoyed if he doesn’t receive any abuse.

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

He'll be booed when he comes over to the SS/Dolman corner if he's on their set pieces. Just like every other player gets. 

Be a bit weird if we single him out to boo everytime he's on the ball, he's an England legend.

Another underachieving ‘ England legend ‘ .

The only England legends are the ones from 1966 some of the rest are good players but not won anything damn thing .

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right. I’m looking forward to seeing him play. He’s is a terrific player. 

No reason for him to be boo'd, no history with us at all. It would be the actions of a small club's fanbase if we purposely single him out.

I'm also looking forward to seeing him, should be interesting to watch how Derby use him.

• The title was changed to Wayne Rooney reception? (Merged)
  • Admin
31 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No reason for him to be boo'd, no history with us at all. It would be the actions of a small club's fanbase if we purposely single him out.

I'm also looking forward to seeing him, should be interesting to watch how Derby use him.

Also the actions of a small mind club fanbase if people are going to clap an opponent

What would we be like in the Prem, clapping all the opposition players every week!?!?

Booing = tinpot 

Clapping = tinpot 

Ignoring = not tinpot? (but very, very difficult because like it or not he is a world football superstar) 

Gonna be very strange. I'm just hoping he's not going to be on his game tonight. But I am looking forward to seeing him play too, I have to admit. 

11 minutes ago, dragonreds said:

he is englands all time scorer if he gets subbed i will give him a clap like we did to Dion Dublin a few years ago

His England career was a let down.

For the talent he had, he should have done alot more with England. After 2004, he didnt perform at the tournements

On 05/02/2020 at 11:42, One Team In Keynsham said:

Having been sat in the stands for his performances v Algeria in Cape Town 2010, and v Iceland in Nice 2016, he gets no free pass, or special dispensation from me.

And in any event, Bristol City > England all day, every day.

Not entirely sure Wayne knows the meaning of dispensation 

?

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Booing = tinpot 

Clapping = tinpot 

Ignoring = not tinpot? (but very, very difficult because like it or not he is a world football superstar) 

Gonna be very strange. I'm just hoping he's not going to be on his game tonight. But I am looking forward to seeing him play too, I have to admit. 

Yep. For my generation Rooney was a constant part of the England set up, and it’s a very rare thing indeed to see someone of that calibre out on the AG pitch as an equal. 

During the game of course, he’s any other opposition player, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to seeing one of the greatest English strikers of all time play at AG. 

Archived