IGNORED

Henriksen

Lanterne Rouge

27 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

I was hoping we might have an agreement in principle, otherwise it’s a difficult situation: play well and he’s played himself into a better team, play badly and he’s not worth a contract. There’s not many ways we win there. 

25 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

If he is playing well and getting lots of game time, it will make the negotiations all the more easier! 

I would guess its a matter of division...He didn’t fall out with Hull because he wanted to play championship football, he told them I’m not signing a new contract!! If he carries on like this and we go up, he might make an excellent buy. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Blessing in disguise...thought he was weak tonight. 

Agree. Love korey but he was poor tonight and showed signs that if we’re to go up he isn’t good enough. Wants far too long on the ball and got caught a few times. I’ve blamed a lack of movement ahead of him in the past but that wasn’t the case tonight . 
Just watched the highlights, definitely korey not picking up for the first goal.  

59 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Decent debut. A few dodgy tackles (lucky to not be booked) and a few misplaced passes but to be expected having not played for so long. He is definitely what we've needed and can only improve us for the rest of the season. 

I classed them as being street wise, a couple he stuck on Rooney in particular.

He looked strong, technically sound and experienced, and also gave natural cover dropping in when either Williams or Benkovic ventured forward. 

Signs are good. 

1 minute ago, MartockRed said:

I classed them as being street wise, a couple he stuck on Rooney in particular.

He looked strong, technically sound and experienced, and also gave natural cover dropping in when either Williams or Benkovic ventured forward. 

Signs are good. 

Considering he hasn't played since November 18, Henriksen was a breath of fresh air in central midfield. Timed his tackles well in the first half, was positionally sound with good passing and showed for the ball in forward positions when required. Markus' telescotelescopic legs and physicality gives us extra bite in the engine room and frees up others to roam forward. Not afraid of a tactical foul or three either. Something Eliasson needs to learn PDQ.

A worthy man of the match. Keep it up Markus.

Definitely what we have been missing in midfield. Tall, physical, able to get forward, plus cover the centre backs when they went forward. Took about 20 mins to get his eye in for the game and a bit tired at the end but for someone who hasn’t played club football for 3 months that’s hardly surprising. For the other 60 minutes of the game he was great. If we have an option to buy, we should try to get it wrapped up ASAP.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I love the guy without the ball, but for me he's just so poor with the ball, there was one occasion tonight where he picked up the ball in the second half, had tons of space in front of him to either break into, had two players wide right showing for the ball, and he wondered forward before stopping turning round slowly before playing a backwards pass. 

He just slows our play down to a predictable plod whenever he gets the ball for me. 

4 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

I love the guy without the ball, but for me he's just so poor with the ball, there was one occasion tonight where he picked up the ball in the second half, had tons of space in front of him to either break into, had two players wide right showing for the ball, and he wondered forward before stopping turning round slowly before playing a backwards pass. 

He just slows our play down to a predictable plod whenever he gets the ball for me. 

Agree , but the ball he should of played was left . Acres of room and runners. Brain not  quick enough . I’d have Nagy in for him v Leeds 

11 minutes ago, Touch_my_butter said:

Why hasn't he had game time at Hull this season?

Grant McCann has no plans to invite Markus Henriksen back in from the cold as Hull City’s head coach continues to place his faith in players he believes have a long-term future at the KCOM Stadium. 

Henriksen returned to the City fold this morning after twice playing for Norway in their Euro 2020 qualifiers against Spain and Romania during the international break

The midfielder also featured for his country in last month’s clash with Sweden but those three caps remain his only competitive appearances of this troubled season.

Henriksen was initially overlooked throughout August as he sought a move away from East Yorkshire but McCann has steadfastly refused to offer City’s former captain a route back into his side after the closure of the European transfer window scuppered any prospect of a fresh start.

The 27-year-old has since turned down the offer of an extended contract with the Tigers to move another step closer to the exit door and all signs now point towards Henriksen either leaving in January or as a free agent next summer.

McCann previously warned Henriksen in August that he had been replaced by summer signings George Honeyman and Leonardo Dasilva Lopes, and that hardline stance has not changed.

Asked if Henriksen’s performances for Norway had boosted his hopes of featuring for City in the Championship, McCann said: “No, not really.

“As I’ve said before, we’ve got players who have been committed to the football club since day one of pre-season and that’s the way we are.

“That’s the only way we have to do it. We want to put our faith in the players that we’ve brought into the club, the likes of Dasilva Lopes, Honeyman, and younger players like Batty, Kevin Stewart. Jon Toral is coming back from injury so in terms of midfield I’m really pleased with what we’ve got in there.

“Markus was offered a contract a few weeks back and it is what it is.

“He’s never going to be treated any differently. He comes and trains every day. He’s a good professional. But I feel as if we’ve got good competition and good players in that position.”

The Henriksen saga has its roots in January when City first turned down a £1.8m bid from French club Bordeaux

The Tigers then triggered a 12-month extension to prevent the midfielder from leaving on a free transfer at the end of last season but the summer saw both Henriksen and City turn down chances for a clean break.

It is understood the Tigers rejected a lower offer from Bordeaux, while Henriksen rejected the opportunity to join a Russian club that had been willing to match City’s valuation.

That has left an awkward stalemate and the Tigers’ attempts to tie Henriksen down to an extended deal last month predictably fell short when the offer was rejected.

Henriksen, whose only club appearance since May came for City’s under-23s, has opted against criticising his current employers but is aware that only an injury crisis in midfield could possibly offer any hope of playing for the Tigers again.

His next competitive action, in fact, is likely to come when Norway play Faroe Islands and Malta in their final two Euro 2020 qualifiers next month.

Norway will almost certainly have to go through a play-off in March if they are to reach their first major tournament for 20 years and that will be a consideration for Henriksen when he ponders over his future again in January.

Hang on a sec. Let's not carried away. Us OTiB 'experts' would all have built a team round KP after his first few games, ("just what we needed) and likewise WITH Josh earlier this elseason (now he's condemned to two years without a game) and we have seen similar players from Germany take similar roles. We all said the same about Kalas too - no exceptions. 

I'm always trying to be positive about our current and new players but hey, it's only early stages - and I hope you are right. 

6 hours ago, spudski said:

yep, bang on,  2 simple passes he didn't  complete and lost his man for the chipped pass into the box(unforgivable), did settle back into playing simple and that is when hes contributing .

2 hours ago, leadman said:

yep, bang on,  2 simple passes he didn't  complete and lost his man for the chipped pass into the box(unforgivable), did settle back into playing simple and that is when hes contributing .

He hadn't played for 3 MONTHS.............give the guy a break FFS.   Anyone who plays or has a knowledge of football can surely see that he is quality, you don't get 54 caps for your country if your average?  Considering his lack of game time, I thought he was excellent, and as he gets fitter and stronger he will cut out the mistakes, I am sure.  Bordeaux offered 1.8 mill for him, he looks worth a good deal more than that?  He obviously needs minutes and to be believed in, after being treated so poorly by Hull...........IMHO he could be a very important player for us for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

He hadn't played for 3 MONTHS.............give the guy a break FFS.   Anyone who plays or has a knowledge of football can surely see that he is quality, you don't get 54 caps for your country if your average?  Considering his lack of game time, I thought he was excellent, and as he gets fitter and stronger he will cut out the mistakes, I am sure.  Bordeaux offered 1.8 mill for him, he looks worth a good deal more than that?  He obviously needs minutes and to be believed in, after being treated so poorly by Hull...........IMHO he could be a very important player for us for the rest of the season.

Think the poster was talking about Smith!!

9 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Solid player- will only get better and certainly added some much needed steel to our midfield. 
relish the thought of having him and smith/massengo in a 3 with Palmer with Fam and Wells up top. 

So you're relishing seeing Eliasson with about a dozen assists this season not playing, so Kasey Palmer who's done the square root of nothing since he arrived can??

10 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Considering he hasn't played since November 18, Henriksen was a breath of fresh air in central midfield. Timed his tackles well in the first half, was positionally sound with good passing and showed for the ball in forward positions when required. Markus' telescotelescopic legs and physicality gives us extra bite in the engine room and frees up others to roam forward. Not afraid of a tactical foul or three either. Something Eliasson needs to learn PDQ.

A worthy man of the match. Keep it up Markus.

Like a Marvin Elliott , something we’ve missed for a long time in our engine room. 

39 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Difficult for KP to assist from the bench .

Funny how Paterson has been able to come in and do more than he has all season in about five games though isnt it?

Maybe (and I'm just putting this out there) Palmer is on the bench because he has been poor?

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Ha!   Should read properly before reacting ?

15 hours ago, intercity said:

Tend to agree. He tried bringing the ball too far forward and ended up losing possession on occasion.

Heaven forbid we have a player trying to take a ball forward instead of passing sideways or hoofing to Fam.

Don't worry LJ will soon coach that out of him.

What was wrong with Corrie last night. Perhaps he took his injury into the game?

Archived