IGNORED

2 Massive Games

Sparkz 76

I forgot about the Bees nightmare, apologies. All season otib activity has stated how superior Leeds appear to us. Interesting that despite the mega support they have at home and sell outs every away game (compared to our two coach loads) that they have been no better since that opening game. Is it perceptions or just the Bristolian inferiority complex? 

Just signed up to Amazon and watched the Leeds United series about last season's exploits.  Hilarious how they completely blew it, despite having the worlds greatest manager and supporters (apparently?)   Their fans are so smug and conceited,. so it was such a joy to watch them lose to 10 man wigan at home, and well, when they were 2-0 up to Derby on aggregate in the playoffs, and then proceeded to fall apart, my sides started hurting with laughter.  All this after we did them a massive favour by winning 3-2 at Sheffield United, and so allowing them to go into second.  Hopefully they will mess automatic promotion up again this season?  When I watched them in  this seasons first game at Ashton Gate, I thought they looked nailed on Champions, and thought they played really well...............but the same old doubts and  insecurities have emerged yet again, and they are beginning to wobble.

They look very vunerable to set pieces, which is one of our strengths, so lets hope we can get  some revenge for that 3-1 defeat?  Heres hoping we can get some sort of result, and so contribute to them blowing a top two finish again?  ?

58 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I hope I'm wrong but the weather forecast is dreadful for Saturday in Leeds - torrential rain and 50mph wind, when we had the previous storm recently nearly all the games were called off.

I think the worse weather will favour us.

A Leeds fan I know says this about their goalie, Kilo?; Let the ball run under his foot on Tuesday. Saturday was beaten at his near post from 20 yards. Against Wigan he was out of position and it floated over his head.

There is hope we can go there and get our own back for the opening day game of the season. One of those places we have not won in Eon's, so now is the time. 0-2.

8 hours ago, maxjak said:

Just signed up to Amazon and watched the Leeds United series about last season's exploits.  Hilarious how they completely blew it, despite having the worlds greatest manager and supporters (apparently?)   Their fans are so smug and conceited,. so it was such a joy to watch them lose to 10 man wigan at home, and well, when they were 2-0 up to Derby on aggregate in the playoffs, and then proceeded to fall apart, my sides started hurting with laughter.  All this after we did them a massive favour by winning 3-2 at Sheffield United, and so allowing them to go into second.  Hopefully they will mess automatic promotion up again this season?  When I watched them in  this seasons first game at Ashton Gate, I thought they looked nailed on Champions, and thought they played really well...............but the same old doubts and  insecurities have emerged yet again, and they are beginning to wobble.

They look very vunerable to set pieces, which is one of our strengths, so lets hope we can get  some revenge for that 3-1 defeat?  Heres hoping we can get some sort of result, and so contribute to them blowing a top two finish again?  ?

Couldn't agree more!

IMO they only come second on the Smugness Scale and get pipped to top spot by Villa Fans who are even Smugger.

Nothing better than seeing full-on bellends from both of these horrible clubs fail.

Leeds to **** it up again and Villa to come straight back down, now if only Carlsberg did Football scenarios. :laugh:

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

Couldn't agree more!

IMO they only come second on the Smugness Scale and get pipped to top spot by Villa Fans who are even Smugger.

Nothing better than seeing full-on bellends from both of these horrible clubs fail.

Leeds to **** it up again and Villa to come straight back down, now if only Carlsberg did Football scenarios. :laugh:

"The goal for next season is automatic promotion, we are NOT dicking around with the play offs anymore".......so says their Director of Football, at the end of episode 6.  Bielsa states " I know what i did wrong, and I know how to fix it"   The self satisfied sense of entitlement is staggering?  There is confidence, and then there is arrogance?   Which is why I dislike Leeds so much.  I am really looking forward to them blowing it yet again, which  is why I am so desperate for us to get some sort of result on Saturday.  I am absolutely aware that we might end up being beaten, it just depends which Bristol Ciry turns up at Elland Road?  But even if we are defeated on Saturday.........I can see Leeds and the mighty Bielsa still failing. ?

On 12/02/2020 at 22:44, Kid in the Riot said:

They looked miles better than us on the first day of the season and here we are after 32 games within three points of them and the opportunity to go level on points with them.

What a numpty you are.

Hi buddy. 

Id be grateful to know exactly which part of my post you took issue with? Did you watch Leeds against Brentford and maybe disagreed with the fact that they were good?

I said Leeds looked miles better then we do. I was right wasn’t I?

I know you take issue with my stance on Johnson - and I’ve no great criticism for him today as realistically with our performances this season we’d never prove a realistic match for them - but my post was factually correct. 

I won’t hold my breath for an apology though. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Hi buddy. 

Id be grateful to know exactly which part of my post you took issue with? Did you watch Leeds against Brentford and maybe disagreed with the fact that they were good?

I said Leeds looked miles better then we do. I was right wasn’t I?

I know you take issue with my stance on Johnson - and I’ve no great criticism for him today as realistically with our performances this season we’d never prove a realistic match for them - but my post was factually correct. 

I won’t hold my breath for an apology though. 

Should they be that much better than us? It was embarrassing the gulf in class today.

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Should they be that much better than us? It was embarrassing the gulf in class today.

It’s a different argument. I think we could be better under someone else, but some will disagree. 

No criticism for today though, because they’re miles better than Lee Johnson’s Bristol City. There’s no avoiding that. As much as KITR would like to think so. 

Archived