IGNORED

2 Massive Games

Sparkz 76

8 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Leeds Away and West Brom at home. These two games could define our season. I feel we need to win one at least to stay in touch and Birmingham game aside we’re more in form then both of them put together. Time to stand up Lads and show your mettle and prove we really belong in top six. Game on. 

They won’t define our season.

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That may well be true, in fact it is true.

But forget that because some clueless, numpty on a football forum said Leeds are "miles" better than us  ?

I think people get confused by 'better than us' vs 'more pleasing on the eye'

Leeds are deffo more pleasing on the eye than most teams, but as they say, after 2/3rds of a season 'the table doesn't lie'

Thought we looked more expansive last night though, and 'more pleasing on the eye' ??

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That may well be true, in fact it is true.

But forget that because some clueless, numpty on a football forum said Leeds are "miles" better than us  ?

To be fair, @Fordy62 said they "looked" miles better than us, not that they "are" miles better than us, which are two very different things. I think most people, if asked before checking the table, tried to guess who has got more points between us and Leeds since the first day of the season, would be surprised to hear that we had got the same amount and I think most neutrals would see Leeds as stronger promotion contenders than us. And, whilst I know our team has changed a lot since then, Leeds did utterly outclass us on the firs day of the season.

I'm positive about Saturday and hopeful we can get a good reslt but I don't think Fordy's post was any more than an observation that Leeds looked like a good side on Tuesday night. I didn't see their game on Tuesday, and I didn't make our game last night, so I can't really say if he's right or wrong but the strength of reaction seems a little OTT...

55 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be fair, @Fordy62 said they "looked" miles better than us, not that they "are" miles better than us, which are two very different things. I think most people, if asked before checking the table, tried to guess who has got more points between us and Leeds since the first day of the season, would be surprised to hear that we had got the same amount and I think most neutrals would see Leeds as stronger promotion contenders than us. And, whilst I know our team has changed a lot since then, Leeds did utterly outclass us on the firs day of the season.

I'm positive about Saturday and hopeful we can get a good reslt but I don't think Fordy's post was any more than an observation that Leeds looked like a good side on Tuesday night. I didn't see their game on Tuesday, and I didn't make our game last night, so I can't really say if he's right or wrong but the strength of reaction seems a little OTT...

Have you seen many of Fordy's posts?

Absolutely any excuse to bash LJ, no matter how small...very tedious.

I don't believe he meant that Leeds just "looked" better than us, I believe he meant that to him, the world, and all in between, he could 'see' they were better than us. Context.

As I have said previously. I've nothing against LJ, but don't think he's the messiah either (maybe just a very naughty boy ;) )

But you are of course entitled to your opinion

4 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Don't see him being left out unless we go three at the back. That's when it's harder to fit him in the team. 

Not sure what's that confusing about that @Robbored? If we play three at the back Eliasson would most likely have to be wing back which I don't think he is up to. You can definitely disagree with that but I don't think there is anything confusing about that opinion. 

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Not sure what's that confusing about that @Robbored? If we play three at the back Eliasson would most likely have to be wing back which I don't think he is up to. You can definitely disagree with that but I don't think there is anything confusing about that opinion. 

Three at the back means 5 across the middle  and Eliasson can fit in comfortably to that formation.

32 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Have you seen many of Fordy's posts?

Absolutely any excuse to bash LJ, no matter how small...very tedious.

I don't believe he meant that Leeds just "looked" better than us, I believe he meant that to him, the world, and all in between, he could 'see' they were better than us. Context.

As I have said previously. I've nothing against LJ, but don't think he's the messiah either (maybe just a very naughty boy ;) )

But you are of course entitled to your opinion

My personal view of LJ evolves as the weeks go on. Earlier in the season I thought he was doing well. Around Christmas, I was sceptical about whether he could turn it around and, right now, there is no denying he is getting results.

There are still question marks for me on terms of how we have dropped off in the last three months of the season over the last couple of years and I am waiting to see if we can sustain a play-off push, and I think the next two games are a really huge marker for how we can compete. But what is really impressing me at the moment is the fact that we have changed from a team dominating possession but not getting shots in to a team that is conceding possession and creating chances.

I think a huge challenge for us this season - even more so than the loss of Afobe early in the season - is that Nagy and Smith have never been fully fit and Massengo is inconsistent and, as a result, we've not had many games where we have played with a fully fit and in-form midfield. A few games ago we seemed to struggle with that but we now seem to have adapted our game to compensate to it. I'm really impressed with Smith in particular - not because I think he is playing brilliantly but because, a couple of years ago, it felt like he really struggled to contribute unless he was at peak fitness and he is learning to adapt his game to do the bits he is fit enough to do well without being as all-action as he has been at his peak. 

• Admin
14 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Yeh. You’d have to be very happy with 3. I watched Leeds last night though and they looks miles better than us!

Really, I thought they were bang average.

If Bamford and Casilla paly we have more than a chance of getting something from them

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

My personal view of LJ evolves as the weeks go on. Earlier in the season I thought he was doing well. Around Christmas, I was sceptical about whether he could turn it around and, right now, there is no denying he is getting results.

There are still question marks for me on terms of how we have dropped off in the last three months of the season over the last couple of years and I am waiting to see if we can sustain a play-off push, and I think the next two games are a really huge marker for how we can compete. But what is really impressing me at the moment is the fact that we have changed from a team dominating possession but not getting shots in to a team that is conceding possession and creating chances.

I think a huge challenge for us this season - even more so than the loss of Afobe early in the season - is that Nagy and Smith have never been fully fit and Massengo is inconsistent and, as a result, we've not had many games where we have played with a fully fit and in-form midfield. A few games ago we seemed to struggle with that but we now seem to have adapted our game to compensate to it. I'm really impressed with Smith in particular - not because I think he is playing brilliantly but because, a couple of years ago, it felt like he really struggled to contribute unless he was at peak fitness and he is learning to adapt his game to do the bits he is fit enough to do well without being as all-action as he has been at his peak. 

Very well put.

16 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

We done OK against tops this season, Fulham, Bees, PNE, Baardiff 

Here's our record v the "tops" and v the "botts" so far (I think I have this right):

v. "Tops" (top half sides, as the table is now):

12   2   4    6      GF  10   GA21    Difference - 11        12 games, 10 points.

v. "Botts" (bottom half sides, as the table stands this week):

20   W  13   D  4   L  3     GF 38   GA  24    Diff  +14                  20 games, 43 points.

Fixtures remaining v "tops"  10

Fixtures remaining v "botts"  4

We want to be playing a bottom half side in those pesky play-offs, looking (a little pessimistically) at all that.

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

So your saying we've done OK against the Bees, 0-4 remember? 

What I believe Hampshire Red is telling, or showing, us, is that creating your own happy, optimistic reality and dwelling therein no matter what happens outside of it, is the way to get through this thing called life, and how to support this thing called Bristol City  (without going mad and/or becoming a miserable, moaning bed-wetter). And good for him/her.

8 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Here's our record v the "tops" and v the "botts" so far (I think I have this right):

v. "Tops" (top half sides, as the table is now):

12   2   4    6      GF  10   GA21    Difference - 11        12 games, 10 points.

v. "Botts" (bottom half sides, as the table stands this week):

20   W  13   D  4   L  3     GF 38   GA  24    Diff  +14                  20 games, 43 points.

Fixtures remaining v "tops"  10

Fixtures remaining v "botts"  4

We want to be playing a bottom half side in those pesky play-offs, looking (a little pessimistically) at all that.

What I believe Hampshire Red is telling, or showing, us, is that creating your own happy, optimistic reality and dwelling therein no matter what happens outside of it, is the way to get through this thing called life, and how to support this thing called Bristol City  (without going mad and/or becoming a miserable, moaning bed-wetter). And good for him/her.

Flat track bullies? We'll find out in the coming week...

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Flat track bullies? We'll find out in the coming week...

It looks a little like that.

You might say that last night's Derby are a "tops" as they will go on to finish top half and are in very good form (unlike when we played them back in August), and better now with Rooney. You might say the same about Birmingham though. It's still quite fluid in the middle eight of the Championship.

We have it all to do yet, and ideally, will have got it done before Preston arrive.

17 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Wiemann in for elliasson for me at Leeds . Gives us more solidity 

You are joking right... Weimann offers no cover for his full-back at all, and in the last two months has offered very little offensively too, so really hope he is not back in the starting 11 anytime soon. If you want an extra man in midfield to compete with Leeds then start Rowe in place of Pato or Elliasson.

Archived