IGNORED

Atmosphere at the Game

For me we (the fan base) will create a fantastic atmosphere as long as there is some entertainment to latch onto, something to get excited about and we finally got that today. 

However we don't seem to be fans who can get the team into a game on an off day or make so much noise we turn a ref in our favor. 

Atmosphere today sounded fantastic and with just that little bit more entertainment the crowd stayed with the team tight to the end even with Derby pulling goals back. 

Anyone claiming they couldn't hear anything is either deaf or deluded. 

It was a great effort by (different sections of) the crowd, that was fun to be part of and undoubtedly helped see us over the line. 

There's been a lot to whinge about at Ashton gate for a while now, but neither the performance or the atmosphere warranted any whingeing tonight. Have a night off and enjoy it ffs 

1 minute ago, MrBibs said:

Oops I meant Aldi . Is that kind of casual racism? ? There’s no way my stroppy teen would walk as far as Lidl

Well in football speak Lidls is just a shit Aldi, shit ******* Aldi, you're just a shit ******* Aldi  

This is what made me wonder    :laugh:

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I loved all the "bounce" stuff....   right up until THEY scored

Glad we didn't actually get to the Johnson, Johnson bit. Might have looked a bit of a chump jumping up and down just as they put the ball in the net.

I genuinely wondered whether all the ‘bouncing’ either made our boys lose concentration or gave Derby the impetus to get back into it.  Interesting that their first goal pretty much directly followed it.  Golden example of counting chickens if you ask me...

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I loved all the "bounce" stuff....   right up until THEY scored

Glad we didn't actually get to the Johnson, Johnson bit. Might have looked a bit of a chump.

Yep, Derby fans in the Atyeo mockingly invited to bounce around, followed by laughter at their miserable stationary fans.

Seconds later they were bouncing in celebration.

Gotta laugh.. well, we can now we've got the 3 points anyway. :laughcont:

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Sounded great on tv.

Singing until the end and continuing to make noise even after their goals.

Well done all those who were there.

Spot on - was watching in a British pub in Warsaw with some random expats who doffed their cap - but that's the worst thing about city, so easy to love em :D 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I genuinely wondered whether all the ‘bouncing’ either made our boys lose concentration or gave Derby the impetus to get back into it.  Interesting that their first goal pretty much directly followed it.  Golden example of counting chickens if you ask me...

This has happened once in what? 657 years? It's a coincidence. Do you honestly think the Derby players thought 'those bloody Bristol City fans are jumping up and down, right shall we actually try and score now' no chance.

I don’t actually think it’s open or entertaining play that our crowd respond to. 
It’s passion and effort. 
The atmos suddenly upped a couple of notches after about half an hour when Dasilva chased back and put in a tackle in midfield, then allowing us to release the ball wide right to begin an attack. 

Us City fans love a tackle, and when we see the players putting in their all the crowd respond. 

Decent atmosphere, not earth shattering but decent considering our home form of late.  Also wthout wanting to open any debate where the same points get raised I'm still amazed at how many people stream out at 3-2 up with a couple of mins to go...maybe a coping mechanism for avoiding the stress of having to watch the closing stages ??? 

Derby fans think we were door mice. TV often distorts so only regular attendees can really have a decent opinion which appears to span every option ; quite good or really quiet. 

Clearly we will get out sung again by West Brom and the debate about giving away fans the entire Atyeo will continue. What is clear is that with so many empty seats, the fan base in Bristol hardly deserves Prem football when there are so many bigger crowds lower than us in the league

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Derby fans think we were door mice. TV often distorts so only regular attendees can really have a decent opinion which appears to span every option ; quite good or really quiet. 

Clearly we will get out sung again by West Brom and the debate about giving away fans the entire Atyeo will continue. What is clear is that with so many empty seats, the fan base in Bristol hardly deserves Prem football when there are so many bigger crowds lower than us in the league

Often other teams views of fans are distorted. How often do you hear/see fans saying the support was loud. The atmosphere sounded fair on the tele this morning. 

Totally disagree, our attendances are great, 2 team city, we've never won anything of note. Everyone always lauds Leeds support but if you stuck ours with rovers in this league we would be on the way to 40k.

8 hours ago, Charlie0016 said:

Well it wasn’t 

I would say it was in a way, the first 20 minutes against Brum until they scored was great and was way louder than last night, but it died on its arse after that as we patted the ball about aimlessly. 

Whereas last night was much much better for the duration of the 90 for me. 

I thought the atmosphere was decent last night. As @Harry said, Dasilva’s tackle got everyone going and it went from there. It then continued to be good until half time because we got about Derby, built up a head of steam and really went for the jugular. 

It really isn’t rocket science with the AG atmosphere. Give us something to get behind with some real effort and attacking intent and the place will be rocking. Serve up tedious, sideways and backwards rubbish and it goes flat. 

Archived