IGNORED

Brownhill

Dastardly and Muttley

32 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Isn’t it a strange feeling to have lost a £7mill player (and captain) but not really miss him in the games since he’s gone?

Really wish him the best at Burnley and hope he does a good job in the Prem, but it’s good to see that we can absorb his departure and hopefully move forward.

Missed him on Friday 

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Against Birmingham we missed him big time...

Henriksen looks like a very good replacement tho 

Really impressed with Markus Henriksen tonight.  Saw him grow in confidence and after 15-20 mins, between him and Korey,  they sussed out Rooney and Bird pulling short into pockets and closed them much better, culminating in forcing Derby to go back to Hamer, making him kick long.  As a result we started picking up the second ball and imposed ourselves on the rest of first half.

He eventually tired....unsurprisingly....and final 20 we hung on (although had chances to score on break).

As I remembered from Hull, he has a bit of everything.  I liked that he didn’t just play it safe tonight.  He was the player breaking into the channel, winning the corner just before half-time from which we went 2-0 up.

Very impressive debut.

Reminds me a bit of Schneiderling in his Southampton days.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Really impressed with Markus Henriksen tonight.  Saw him grow in confidence and after 15-20 mins, between him and Korey,  they sussed out Rooney and Bird pulling short into pockets and closed them much better, culminating in forcing Derby to go back to Hamer, making him kick long.  As a result we started picking up the second ball and imposed ourselves on the rest of first half.

He eventually tired....unsurprisingly....and final 20 we hung on (although had chances to score on break).

As I remembered from Hull, he has a bit of everything.  I liked that he didn’t just play it safe tonight.  He was the player breaking into the channel, winning the corner just before half-time from which we went 2-0 up.

Very impressive debut.

Glad to see you finally remembered then ?

Spot on with the post -Dave  if we are to have a decent end to season , sticking with my prediction- , that I still think he could be the most important signing of the three 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very impressive debut.

He was also incredibly disciplined. Our previous Number 8 would go chasing the ball and leave gaps behind him. Henriksen kept his shape and kept things tight. The one main thing we’ve missed since Pack’s departure, someone who can just sit in a shape, stay disciplined, don’t panic and protect the CB’s. 
Particularly when Korey went off, Henriksen stayed very well shaped. Was a delight to see. 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Henriksen looks real quality I must say. Any chance of him staying post loan?

He’s OOC in Summer 

Would thi as a free he’d have a fair few offers , probably from around Europe , but if he enjoys his time here .... a possibility I guess.

Would think he’s on biggish wages atm mind , and a reason Hull have cast him aside 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Glad to see you finally remembered then ?

Spot on with the post -Dave  if we are to have a decent end to season , sticking with my prediction- , that I still think he could be the most important signing of the three 

Yes, was bugging me.  Needed to see him live to jog my memory.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Henriksen looks real quality I must say. Any chance of him staying post loan?

He’s out of contract.  If he does well here and mutual appreciation, I don’t see why not.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

He was also incredibly disciplined. Our previous Number 8 would go chasing the ball and leave gaps behind him. Henriksen kept his shape and kept things tight. The one main thing we’ve missed since Pack’s departure, someone who can just sit in a shape, stay disciplined, don’t panic and protect the CB’s. 
Particularly when Korey went off, Henriksen stayed very well shaped. Was a delight to see. 

And willing to put in a tackle that might get a yellow, but will certainly stop the opposition should it not be successful.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s OOC in Summer 

Would thi as a free he’d have a fair few offers , probably from around Europe , but if he enjoys his time here .... a possibility I guess.

Would think he’s on biggish wages atm mind , and a reason Hull have cast him aside 

All about the Euros for him I guess Bob. Play well and he's sadly out of reach I would imagine.

Fine player all that said.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

All about the Euros for him I guess Bob. Play well and he's out of reach I guess.

Fine player all that said.

Exactly the type of player we’ve needed for a while

The timing of some of his challenges for someone who hasn’t had a competitive game for months was very impressive

Really liked him

Canny too with a couple of professional tugs and fouls.

One of those players that any Championship side needs 

(Btw It’s Kevin McDonald @Davefevs ? ? )

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Exactly the type of player we’ve needed for a while

The timing of some of his challenges for someone who hasn’t had a competitive game for months was very impressive

Really liked him

Canny too with a couple of professional tugs and fouls.

One of those players that any Championship side needs 

(Btw It’s Kevin McDonald @Davefevs ? ? )

Nah, he’s a sitter....unless it was early in his Burnley career when I didn’t see anything if him.  I’ll trust you though.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Very impressive debut.

He took a shot from thirty yards out which was pretty close , something we don’t see a lot of with our current midfield. 

4 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Don't expect Josh to see many minutes at Turf Moor so if we lose Smith or any other midfielders,  could we get him back on loan for the final push? Not sure of the regs or the deal details. 

No, after the windows shut you’re only allowed to sign out of contract players.  But this is, as long as they were out of contract before the window shut. 

9 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Isn’t it a strange feeling to have lost a £7mill player (and captain) but not really miss him in the games since he’s gone?

Really wish him the best at Burnley and hope he does a good job in the Prem, but it’s good to see that we can absorb his departure and hopefully move forward.

Erm, I thought our midfield was simply awful against Brum. Slow, confused, full of fear. 

Archived