IGNORED

Luke Ayling..

FNQ

2 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Will not know if his arse has been punched, bored or drilled if Nicky Eliasson starts on Saturday... 

We’re decent away from home, the new boys look good, Fam is bloody dangerous, Leeds are under pressure, we’re due...

1-3 COYR’s

Think he'll cope. 

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Will not know if his arse has been punched, bored or drilled if Nicky Eliasson starts on Saturday... 

We’re decent away from home, the new boys look good, Fam is bloody dangerous, Leeds are under pressure, we’re due...

1-3 COYR’s

Might not even meet each other, Ayling right back, Eliasson right wing?

We're playing them at the right time, just after they've commenced their annual bottle job.  We do need to be careful though as it'll be anything but comfortable for us.  Looking forward to it.  Ayling will meet Nicky at some point given the tendency to switch sides during the match. Should be a good match up. 

I do worry about Hunt against Harrison though.  Very dangerous winger and defending and positional sense is where Hunt is bloody woeful.  Puts a lovely cross in, but that's not the bread and butter of his role.

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

We're playing them at the right time, just after they've commenced their annual bottle job.  We do need to be careful though as it'll be anything but comfortable for us.  Looking forward to it.  Ayling will meet Nicky at some point given the tendency to switch sides during the match. Should be a good match up. 

I do worry about Hunt against Harrison though.  Very dangerous winger and defending and positional sense is where Hunt is bloody woeful.  Puts a lovely cross in, but that's not the bread and butter of his role.

They absolutely battered Brentford in their last game. Don’t take them lightly..!

They are going to tank some poor team soon..! Just hoping they leave that for another game, at least..! 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They absolutely battered Brentford in their last game. Don’t take them lightly..!

They are going to tank some poor team soon..! Just hoping they leave that for another game, at least..! 

I think we will be happy with a draw and that is the bookmakers shortest odds I’ve seen. However with the new signings I wouldn’t be surprised if we actually pull off a sneaky win where we are at 1-1 in the 89th minute and Fam strikes the penalty spectacularly in the dying seconds to make 2-1 City. COYRedssssssssssssssss

40 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Every time I see Leeds on TV Ayling seems to defend wingers by throwing himself to the floor and pretending to have been fouled. Let’s hope he’s unable to get close enough to the Swedish wizard to get away with that on Saturday!

The Ayling flop, as mentioned in the shirt pulling paranoia thread. Rarely fails.

As for the game the bottle job is real and yet not so. Forest did us over, no doubt. The first team to do that this season. It took so much out of them that they felt they had to rest five players v Charlton and they got what they deserved.

When we're playing we'll make chances. We'll make some so prettily that it's a crime against football when someone batters it into Row Z. You'll get chances too, and statistically teams only have to have three on target to score a couple of goals against us. So, all things being equal, it should be a good game with chances at both ends. And we'll miss most of ours.

The weather forecast does look dire, though. Not sure who that will hurt most, if anyone.

47 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Every time I see Leeds on TV Ayling seems to defend wingers by throwing himself to the floor and pretending to have been fouled. Let’s hope he’s unable to get close enough to the Swedish wizard to get away with that on Saturday!

From memory, he spent 90 minutes doing this at Ashton Gate against us. Quite pathetic and any respect I had for him as an ex-player was lost that day.

19 minutes ago, Xiled said:

From memory, he spent 90 minutes doing this at Ashton Gate against us. Quite pathetic and any respect I had for him as an ex-player was lost that day.

Yep he and Cunningham both completely lost any respect I had for them on their first visits back to Ashton Gate. The behaviour of both disappointed me massively especially as both were well liked and supported by the fans. 

21 minutes ago, Xiled said:

He induces fouls against him, having watched him carefully develop it over his time here. Truth is you'd love it if he was doing it for you. Or most fans would.

In the main they are actual fouls. What's amazing is that opposition players fall for it every time. Stand a foot off and it can't happen.

47 minutes ago, SR1 said:

The Ayling flop, as mentioned in the shirt pulling paranoia thread. Rarely fails.

As for the game the bottle job is real and yet not so. Forest did us over, no doubt. The first team to do that this season. It took so much out of them that they felt they had to rest five players v Charlton and they got what they deserved.

When we're playing we'll make chances. We'll make some so prettily that it's a crime against football when someone batters it into Row Z. You'll get chances too, and statistically teams only have to have three on target to score a couple of goals against us. So, all things being equal, it should be a good game with chances at both ends. And we'll miss most of ours.

The weather forecast does look dire, though. Not sure who that will hurt most, if anyone.

Is the weather looking bad enough for it to be called off? Don’t fancy getting halfway there or more and getting it postponed!

10 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Is the weather looking bad enough for it to be called off? Don’t fancy getting halfway there or more and getting it postponed!

Strong winds and heavy rain apparently.

Shouldn't be in any danger of being called off.

Heading up tomorrow so hope the weather holds off till saturday..

We need to go with 2 up top and not sit back and try and hold them, they are desperate for some goals and a win, we need to take it to them. If they score they score we will score twice as many...NO FEAR :city:

1 hour ago, GTFABM said:

The only way it might is if they think that your journey might be dangerously affected. There looks OK. Back less so. But they played Sheff Utd v Bournemouth last Sunday so I reckon that it will be OK, if wet!

Teams love ending losing streaks against us, and this is a pretty handy team we're up against that we've got a horrible history with. One of those matches that will either end in us getting a tanking or, hopefully, an epic three points. Here's hoping for the latter - and if it means Ayling getting rogered by Eliasson then all the better. 

14 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Teams love ending losing streaks against us, and this is a pretty handy team we're up against that we've got a horrible history with. One of those matches that will either end in us getting a tanking or, hopefully, an epic three points. Here's hoping for the latter - and if it means Ayling getting rogered by Eliasson then all the better. 

To be fair we last won a game 16 days ago so it's not much of a streak. We were 2-0 down in that game though, so it was a close run thing.

We haven't won away this year though.

Archived