IGNORED

Fammy

Super

This is Famaral all over and why there remain question marks over his value .

Weimann missed a sitter as well and this is why , in due course, we will try to upgrade them.

The great conundrum because both players bring so much to the team but I suppose if they were that clinical they’d be plying their trade at a higher level.

These are interesting times for City , we are gradually increasing the quality of our squad and the expectations of the supporters , we need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water mind. 

Narrow margins. My impression was that his shot came off the post, so it wasn’t like he blazed it over. Otherwise he had a good game yesterday, took his goal well, it was his header that set up Benkovic for the second, plus his usual defensive headers. But he gets no help from the referees. There were at least a couple of blatant fouls on him that weren’t given but that seems to be the same every match at this level; Defenders are given the benefit of even the slightest doubt.

The penultimate touch was a bit heavy, which meant that the finish was less composed and he still didn't miss by much. Certainly not worth berating him for, as some around me did (always do)

He plays with passion, he's improving all the time and is on course for his best return in English football. I don't get the animosity towards him

The argument over being our most expensive signing ever? He was 5m for a seemingly guaranteed 12+ goals a season, seems a decent return to me

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Without doubt this is his best season yet, and his goals total will be a PB in English football if he scores 4 more.

Has he reached 100 games for City? Wiki seems to suggest he's on 99. Loyal servant. 

100 games is the equivalent of just over 2 seasons of football - is that the definition of a ‘loyal servant’ these days?! Blimey ...

thought the same about the one against brum. He's improved leaps and bounds but will always miss a few sitters a year with poor football IQ or maybe finishing IQ. Reminds me of when I went to see West Brom in 2004 or 2005 when Kanu was playing for them and technically for the most part he was very good, but then missed a certain goal from about 1 yard out.. i'll find the video hang on , starts at 2:10

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought we had a new striker last night called De a Do, or at least that’s what Alan parry kept calling him

Alan parry is absolutely dreadful, he kept saying that we will be in the play offs with a win or even a draw, seemingly oblivious to the fact Preston were playing

The two he didn’t score were typical Fam. The one cleared off the line. How does he seem to find the defender there? Then everything about the 1v1 was perfect. Slowed his run so he was in our half when the pass is played. Touch from the pass took him towards goal. Enough composure and pace to get in front of the defender so he couldn’t challenge then a slightly Heavy touch and misses just wide. 

This isn’t a criticism as such because I love the guy and have rated him since he has been here. Definitely improved his all around game and still a decent goal scorer but he always leaves you with a what if. One thing I will say, even last season, he is getting in much better positions in the box. He wastes them a bit and his movement is not always great but he gets good chances regularly now. Top guy and top professional. If he finishes 10% more of those good chances he isn’t here anyway. 

A very good player that gets a lot of unjust criticism. In his defence he was absolutely spent by the time that chance came round, he just didn’t stop working all night. Took the wrong option and should have taken it round the keeper, but it was only a couple of inches the wrong way.

Weimann’s was worse for me, he had all the time in the world to take a touch and work it into a better position. 

As an aside I think Johnson and the team deserve a lot of credit for just how much they’ve improved him. His all round game is miles better than when he arrived. 

45 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

100 games is the equivalent of just over 2 seasons of football - is that the definition of a ‘loyal servant’ these days?! Blimey ...

Welcome to 2020!

I make Diedhiou 5th in City appearances of the current squad. Korey has 164 (says wiki), Pato 110, Baker 109, COD 106.

He could easily overtake 2/3 of those if he stays for his 4th season.

51 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

thought the same about the one against brum. He's improved leaps and bounds but will always miss a few sitters a year with poor football IQ or maybe finishing IQ. Reminds me of when I went to see West Brom in 2004 or 2005 when Kanu was playing for them and technically for the most part he was very good, but then missed a certain goal from about 1 yard out.. i'll find the video hang on , starts at 2:10

Pretty useless tip but right click the video to copy the url at the current time.

yes strikers score and miss chances but I felt Fammy was a big part of our win last nite.

It was interesting chatting to Derby fans after the game and they where very impressed with Fammy and felt he was our best player by a mile and paid LJ many plaudits for how he has taken our team forward on a limited budget.

14 minutes ago, mozo said:

Welcome to 2020!

I make Diedhiou 5th in City appearances of the current squad. Korey has 164 (says wiki), Pato 110, Baker 109, COD 106.

He could easily overtake 2/3 of those if he stays for his 4th season.

Statto. 

Famara gets stick, but he’s very decent for this level. Compare that then to COD, who with more appearances is still yet to do anything of any note in a City shirt. 

The big difference last night was where the ball was getting hit up to him he didn’t have to try and chest it or hold it up all the time but he could flick it on and Nahki Wells was there to run into it, personally thought it has the making of a very good partnership but we will see. Took his goal well but he really needs to be finishing those 1 v 1’s. Overall good performance

Archived