IGNORED

Fammy

Super

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Think he'll be sold this summer, couple of things Johnson have said plus Africa cup next January. 

All the more reason to get him on a new contract! 

Personally I’d like to see him stay. I think he could form a partnership with Wells, and it would take the pressure off Fam in terms of goals scored being the only thing he’s judged by. If he’s providing the chances for a 20 goal natural poacher in Nahki Wells, and at the same time chipping in with a dozen goals of his own, we’ll see him as an absolute bargain at £5m, and not someone we could easily replace.

He was really good last night, shame about the 1v1 at the end. Unfortunately it just isn't his strength. Doesn't seem to have the composure to multitask in that situation.. controlling the high ball, bending his run towards goal, holding off the pressuring defenders and finishing against an advancing keeper. 

He's very good at his strengths though and is clearly becoming a bit of a fan's favourite. If I had to pick one player to score in a playoff final to take us up - aside from Afobe it would definitely be Famara. 

I've always been a Fam fan, and while he can be frustrating at times with his poor first touch there is no doubt that season on season he has improved. I love his passion and commitment. I hope we can get him to sign a new contract - as I think he can only get better, and It would cost us a fortune to replace him for a similar player.

He has always been a marmite player, but he has worked hard to win over those fans than don't favor him.

Might have been a case of too much time. His goal was well taken, his confidence is up as he's shooting from distance more now, and TBF his touch and pace to get away for that chance was good. I remember Tammy did the same thing once or twice for us, shame he didn't make the final minutes a little more relaxed , but no one takes every chance. 

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He was really good last night, shame about the 1v1 at the end. Unfortunately it just isn't his strength. Doesn't seem to have the composure to multitask in that situation.. controlling the high ball, bending his run towards goal, holding off the pressuring defenders and finishing against an advancing keeper. 

He's very good at his strengths though and is clearly becoming a bit of a fan's favourite. If I had to pick one player to score in a playoff final to take us up - aside from Afobe it would definitely be Famara. 

Definitely, seems to have the passion that might just be the difference in a pressure situation like that. Would probably be off his arse from 3 yards in the 93rd minute!

Famara is a superb athlete, not a superb goal scorer and there the difference lies within.

George Weah was both and he is one of the greatest forward players to ever grace the game.

How we set up and play means the athlete trumps the goal scorer.

The midfield simply have to be better.

38 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Might have been a case of too much time. His goal was well taken, his confidence is up as he's shooting from distance more now, and TBF his touch and pace to get away for that chance was good. I remember Tammy did the same thing once or twice for us, shame he didn't make the final minutes a little more relaxed , but no one takes every chance. 

The Mane miss has much in common with Fam’s last night in terms of missing a 1v1 just wide versus Napoli. Maybe it’s a Senegalese thing?!

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Without doubt this is his best season yet, and his goals total will be a PB in English football if he scores 4 more.

Has he reached 100 games for City? Wiki seems to suggest he's on 99. Loyal servant. 

I think his record in all competitions for us is something like 38 goals in 110 appearances. It's almost bang on 1 in 3.

Looks like last night may have been his 100th league appearance for us. 35 in 100 in the league. All these figures are from transfermarkt.

He's consistent as well. 13 in the league last season, 13 the season before that, and 9 this term with 14 left to play. Metronomic.

His touch to bring the ball down and drop it into the exact space to then hammer it into the roof of the net was sensational.  I've watched it this morning on Quest about 25 times, and it gets better every time.

Diedhiou is in my list of favourite City players because of his work ethic, goals scored, and apparent passion for the club.

You would think he was a Bristolian with the way he celebrates scoring for us.

Fammy is a Robin for life.

If I had to value him in the current market, he must be worth at least £8million.

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

yes strikers score and miss chances but I felt Fammy was a big part of our win last nite.

It was interesting chatting to Derby fans after the game and they where very impressed with Fammy and felt he was our best player by a mile and paid LJ many plaudits for how he has taken our team forward on a limited budget.

Im not sure about limited budget??? We had 10 million quids worth of strikers starting last night! Net spend might be another matter but he has spent 10s of millions in his time here.

Last night showed exactly why i have frustrations with FD

i thought he was superb throughout the game but too many times he misses very easy chances and always has done. 

Shoukd have put the game to bed and could have cost us - thankfully it didn’t 

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Last night showed exactly why i have frustrations with FD

i thought he was superb throughout the game but too many times he misses very easy chances and always has done. 

Shoukd have put the game to bed and could have cost us - thankfully it didn’t 

And this is why he plays for us and not prem teams. We have to realise that if the errors from our players werent there they’d all be playing premier league. Its the reason theyre good players for our level but just missing little things to be able to make the step up. 

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

And this is why he plays for us and not prem teams. We have to realise that if the errors from our players werent there they’d all be playing premier league. Its the reason theyre good players for our level but just missing little things to be able to make the step up. 

I compare him with Ade Akinbiyi. Scored a lot, but missed a lot too.  Got to the top , but never really made it there.

Just sit back and enjoy the unpredictability.

He was an absolute lion and my man of the match last night. He's had a thankless task recently playing up front on his own,  often with no support and no one within 15 yards of him (although that's criticising the tactics not the players). I hope playing him together with Wells is a long term plan, because I think they can form a great partnership and cause chaos against any opposition.

Fam doesn't realise how good he is, and he is getting better and more confident, what a nightmare he must be to play against as a centre half when you have Wells to worry about too, not to mention Andi buzzing about everywhere, impossible to mark and Nic :laugh:, how good is he becoming? 

Imagine Fam, Wells and Afobe as a front three lmfao, how could you defend that?

Wells and Fam will cause any team problems, could Wells really fill the void Bobby left?

7 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

He was an absolute lion and my man of the match last night. He's had a thankless task recently playing up front on his own,  often with no support and no one within 15 yards of him (although that's criticising the tactics not the players). I hope playing him together with Wells is a long term plan, because I think they can form a great partnership and cause chaos against any opposition.

Totally agree, and I worry now what would happen if he gets injured. We've got noone else to play that role

Archived