IGNORED

Fammy

Super

13 hours ago, mozo said:

Without doubt this is his best season yet, and his goals total will be a PB in English football if he scores 4 more.

Has he reached 100 games for City? Wiki seems to suggest he's on 99. Loyal servant. 

For the stats geeks (ok, me!)

Championship:

83+17 apps / 35 goals / 7 assists

FA Cup:

5+0 / 1 / 1

League Cup:

4+1 / 2 / 0

Total:

92+18 apps / 38 goals / 8 assists (8235 minutes - goal every 216 minutes)

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For the stats geeks (ok, me!)

Championship:

83+17 apps / 35 goals / 7 assists

FA Cup:

5+0 / 1 / 1

League Cup:

4+1 / 2 / 0

Total:

92+18 apps / 38 goals / 8 assists (8235 minutes - goal every 216 minutes)

Thanks for putting this up, Dave. Makes interesting reading and some of his critics would do well to take notice.

This is, of course, cherry-picking from the stats in order to make it look the best it can possibly look, but nevertheless 42 goals and assists in 83 league starts is quite some record. If we were chasing a potential new signing who either scored or provided an assist for every two league games in which he was on the pitch from the start, OTIB would be in a frenzy of excitement. The good news is we don’t need to sign one because he’s already here. Appreciate him for what he does whilst we’ve still got him, rather than moaning about what he doesn’t do. As has been quite rightly pointed out, if he didn’t have some shortcomings, frankly he’d be playing for a far better team than ours.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What’s your definition of a ‘good goal’ ?!

A piece of individual skill or brilliance, a great finish, a team move, pre-planned or otherwise....

The goal scoring aspect is largely irrelevant (appreciate it was me who mentioned it). My point re COD was that in more appearances, he’s had far less impact than Famara, who regularly gets abuse for his finishing/stats despite not being bad at all for this level.

COD for me is the epitome of bloated squad. Not sure what he brings that we don’t have in 2-3 other players.

Just not sure why players like Famara regularly get such stick when others in the squad are offering so much less. 

12 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

A piece of individual skill or brilliance, a great finish, a team move, pre-planned or otherwise....

The goal scoring aspect is largely irrelevant (appreciate it was me who mentioned it). My point re COD was that in more appearances, he’s had far less impact than Famara, who regularly gets abuse for his finishing/stats despite not being bad at all for this level.

COD for me is the epitome of bloated squad. Not sure what he brings that we don’t have in 2-3 other players.

Just not sure why players like Famara regularly get such stick when others in the squad are offering so much less. 

It wouldn’t surprise me in Callum was moved on in the summer.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the Summer if still playing Championship football. With Wells signed...and if Afobe come back firing and fit and we choose to sign..could we keep Famara as well?

With Semenyo on the radar...I guess it's down to wages and personal choices and want of minutes.?

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the Summer if still playing Championship football. With Wells signed...and if Afobe come back firing and fit and we choose to sign..could we keep Famara as well?

With Semenyo on the radar...I guess it's down to wages and personal choices and want of minutes.?

I'd have Semenyo back out on loan for the season. Nowhere near ready for Championship football yet.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

In theory, a rotation of those three would be good, with a young striker in the mix too.

2 hours ago, deadredfred said:

Think we'd get a good fee for O'Dowda. I see many championship clubs being interested.

Archived