Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Super

Fammy

Last night showed exactly why i have frustrations with FD

i thought he was superb throughout the game but too many times he misses very easy chances and always has done. 

Shoukd have put the game to bed and could have cost us - thankfully it didn’t 

3 hours ago, deadredfred said:

Compare that then to COD, who with more appearances is still yet to do anything of any note in a City shirt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Last night showed exactly why i have frustrations with FD

i thought he was superb throughout the game but too many times he misses very easy chances and always has done. 

Shoukd have put the game to bed and could have cost us - thankfully it didn’t 

And this is why he plays for us and not prem teams. We have to realise that if the errors from our players werent there they’d all be playing premier league. Its the reason theyre good players for our level but just missing little things to be able to make the step up. 

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

And this is why he plays for us and not prem teams. We have to realise that if the errors from our players werent there they’d all be playing premier league. Its the reason theyre good players for our level but just missing little things to be able to make the step up. 

I compare him with Ade Akinbiyi. Scored a lot, but missed a lot too.  Got to the top , but never really made it there.

Just sit back and enjoy the unpredictability.

• Like 1

He was an absolute lion and my man of the match last night. He's had a thankless task recently playing up front on his own,  often with no support and no one within 15 yards of him (although that's criticising the tactics not the players). I hope playing him together with Wells is a long term plan, because I think they can form a great partnership and cause chaos against any opposition.

• Like 1

Fam doesn't realise how good he is, and he is getting better and more confident, what a nightmare he must be to play against as a centre half when you have Wells to worry about too, not to mention Andi buzzing about everywhere, impossible to mark and Nic :laugh:, how good is he becoming? 

Imagine Fam, Wells and Afobe as a front three lmfao, how could you defend that?

Wells and Fam will cause any team problems, could Wells really fill the void Bobby left?

Edited by CiderHider
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

He was an absolute lion and my man of the match last night. He's had a thankless task recently playing up front on his own,  often with no support and no one within 15 yards of him (although that's criticising the tactics not the players). I hope playing him together with Wells is a long term plan, because I think they can form a great partnership and cause chaos against any opposition.

Totally agree, and I worry now what would happen if he gets injured. We've got noone else to play that role

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Totally agree, and I worry now what would happen if he gets injured. We've got noone else to play that role

Dead in the water springs to mind.

13 hours ago, mozo said:

Without doubt this is his best season yet, and his goals total will be a PB in English football if he scores 4 more.

Has he reached 100 games for City? Wiki seems to suggest he's on 99. Loyal servant. 

For the stats geeks (ok, me!)

Championship:

83+17 apps / 35 goals / 7 assists

FA Cup:

5+0 / 1 / 1

League Cup:

4+1 / 2 / 0

Total:

92+18 apps / 38 goals / 8 assists (8235 minutes - goal every 216 minutes)

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For the stats geeks (ok, me!)

Championship:

83+17 apps / 35 goals / 7 assists

FA Cup:

5+0 / 1 / 1

League Cup:

4+1 / 2 / 0

Total:

92+18 apps / 38 goals / 8 assists (8235 minutes - goal every 216 minutes)

Thanks for putting this up, Dave. Makes interesting reading and some of his critics would do well to take notice.

This is, of course, cherry-picking from the stats in order to make it look the best it can possibly look, but nevertheless 42 goals and assists in 83 league starts is quite some record. If we were chasing a potential new signing who either scored or provided an assist for every two league games in which he was on the pitch from the start, OTIB would be in a frenzy of excitement. The good news is we don’t need to sign one because he’s already here. Appreciate him for what he does whilst we’ve still got him, rather than moaning about what he doesn’t do. As has been quite rightly pointed out, if he didn’t have some shortcomings, frankly he’d be playing for a far better team than ours.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, deadredfred said:

I stand corrected. He’s scored one good goal in over 100 appearances. 

What’s your definition of a ‘good goal’ ?!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A piece of individual skill or brilliance, a great finish, a team move, pre-planned or otherwise....

The goal scoring aspect is largely irrelevant (appreciate it was me who mentioned it). My point re COD was that in more appearances, he’s had far less impact than Famara, who regularly gets abuse for his finishing/stats despite not being bad at all for this level.

COD for me is the epitome of bloated squad. Not sure what he brings that we don’t have in 2-3 other players.

Just not sure why players like Famara regularly get such stick when others in the squad are offering so much less. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

A piece of individual skill or brilliance, a great finish, a team move, pre-planned or otherwise....

The goal scoring aspect is largely irrelevant (appreciate it was me who mentioned it). My point re COD was that in more appearances, he’s had far less impact than Famara, who regularly gets abuse for his finishing/stats despite not being bad at all for this level.

COD for me is the epitome of bloated squad. Not sure what he brings that we don’t have in 2-3 other players.

Just not sure why players like Famara regularly get such stick when others in the squad are offering so much less. 

It wouldn’t surprise me in Callum was moved on in the summer.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the Summer if still playing Championship football. With Wells signed...and if Afobe come back firing and fit and we choose to sign..could we keep Famara as well?

With Semenyo on the radar...I guess it's down to wages and personal choices and want of minutes.🤔

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Any goal that Korey Smith scores.  Thinking about it, every goal that Korey Smith scores. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the Summer if still playing Championship football. With Wells signed...and if Afobe come back firing and fit and we choose to sign..could we keep Famara as well?

With Semenyo on the radar...I guess it's down to wages and personal choices and want of minutes.🤔

I'd have Semenyo back out on loan for the season. Nowhere near ready for Championship football yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

In theory, a rotation of those three would be good, with a young striker in the mix too.

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

In theory, a rotation of those three would be good, with a young striker in the mix too.

All depends who we are facing and how we wish to play imo. All three give different strengths and players around them would have to compliment.

2 hours ago, deadredfred said:

Think we'd get a good fee for O'Dowda. I see many championship clubs being interested.