IGNORED

Ashton Gate - Arena

Bristol Rob

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

500 hundred spaces...... wonder what the staff quota will be plus all the usual players, hospitality, health & safety allocation broadcasters contractors,etc etc, be lucky if theres 100 left for the general paying fan... piss poor just like the parking for city/bears on a matchday.

It would be logical for staff and players to use the existing car park I would think.

This development also forces the council to provide a decent travel plan and parking.

4 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

500 hundred spaces...... wonder what the staff quota will be plus all the usual players, hospitality, health & safety allocation broadcasters contractors,etc etc, be lucky if theres 100 left for the general paying fan... piss poor just like the parking for city/bears on a matchday.

Almost certainly the amount of parking will be constrained through the planning process.

I've been involved in a number of new build projects that have required a reduction in exisiting parking for the plans to be approved.

Local authorities love imposing conditions to reduce car use but rarely implement anything that supports public transport.

9 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

The Park and Ride is the solution. Problem solved. No idea why it’s not on the table

26 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Literally no parking and no plans to incorporate a carpark anywhere ?‍♂️ clueless really , if only our owner had some land close by he could turn into loads of parking ....with a shuttle service .....

I thought you*, of all people would have noticed the parking provision first.

*Apologies if it wasn't you who had a bit of a parking-ticket issue a season or two back.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_International_Arena

The Motorpoint in Cardiff has a 5000 capacity, which might give you some idea as to the types of acts the bouncy-ball-bowl might be able to attract.

https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk

Ronan Keating and Mrs Brown's Boys.

I will start preparing my letter of objection to this blot on the landscape immediately. It's for the greater good.

40 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

MSCP means Multi Storey car park...

msc.JPG

I’ve mentioned previously when people have moaned about the shop size that it was never the intention for the shop to stay where it is, so nice to see it will be incorporated into a much bigger shop across the way, I’m sure they will turn the ‘old’ shop into something else

22 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Martin touched on the plans going in at the same time to develop Ashton Vale.

That made me smile in a mean way.

George Ferguson and the Green mayoral candidate were very supportive.

Yep, application for housing at Ashton Vale and applications for the arena development hopefully submitted in September then building work to start on both in May of next year. Lansdown will make a pretty penny on the Ashton Vale land if he gets permission for housing on there given it is green belt and was purchased for the stadium (lower land value). I guess he has the Council over a barrel on that one after what happened with the TVG designation.

George asked if boxing could take place at the arena, didn't know he was a fan?! Though I did see him talking to Chris Sanigar who was also there - Bristol boxing promoter/trainer.

55 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

MSCP means Multi Storey car park...

msc.JPG

Should be plenty of room for parking as I can’t imagine the museum taking up too much space!

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_International_Arena

The Motorpoint in Cardiff has a 5000 capacity, which might give you some idea as to the types of acts the bouncy-ball-bowl might be able to attract.

https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk

Ronan Keating and Mrs Brown's Boys.

I will start preparing my letter of objection to this blot on the landscape immediately. It's for the greater good.

It would seem we have been spared until now!

On a more serious note, this development will be great for the whole city. Especially as Marvin Rees has sold out to L&G with Arena Island, cleared and prepared for development by public money, but now going to turn a private profit. Typical!

And as NTTDS, hasn’t commented yet, surely we need better rail connections. If the Portishead line really is due to reopen in 2-3 years time, it seems madness not to have a station at Ashton Gate. And while they are at it getting a nearer Metrobus stop sorted would be good too.

28 minutes ago, Midred said:

Could there be a car park on the village green incorporating a track around the outside for dog walkers? 

I think there will be.  The Super Crossing on Winterstoke Road hints at this for me. What's it crossing from that it needs to be huge unless there's some provision on the other side that will see a mass movement of people....?

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Someone's tired.

What pathetic posts after these excellent announcements. You get it completely wrong with the parking, but rather than admit you got it completely wrong, you would rather try and slate the club and just make up some random nonsense to try and suit your agenda. I mean, yeah the staff are bound to be given 80%+ of the parking....

Archived