IGNORED

Ashton Gate - Arena

Bristol Rob

17 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I think there will be.  The Super Crossing on Winterstoke Road hints at this for me. What's it crossing from that it needs to be huge unless there's some provision on the other side that will see a mass movement of people....?

The 'proposed' Ashton Gate station is also planned not far from the super crossing so imagine they have that in mind too

Ps - looks great.

One point I would like to know is about getting out of the car park. They will definitely need to have a few exits somehow, to make it possible to get out i a timely manner.

28 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

The burrito van and the fans village pre-match 'stage' must be out of shot somewhere.  Apart from that gets my thumbs up

Stuff the burrito van. Where’s the Clarks pie van? 

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Someone's tired.

What pathetic posts after these excellent announcements. You get it completely wrong with the parking, but rather than admit you got it completely wrong, you would rather try and slate the club and just make up some random nonsense to try and suit your agenda. I mean, yeah the staff are bound to be given 80%+ of the parking....

Sorry am i missing something here.

Someone asked what the provision was for parking at the new development and i responded by informing that a multi storey car park was included.

Whats pathetic about that! 

2 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Someone asked what the provision was for parking at the new development and i responded by informing that a multi storey car park was included.

That post was a response to @bengalcub not you. I think you were just quoted for clarification! 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s obvious the council don’t want parking around the area, hence the resident parking fairly recently . That’s fine , but the public transport needs improving 10000000%  

FFS Marvin is already going to build a tube system under the Cumberland Basin. :noexp: Surely he's doing enough for public transport? 

Apologies - I have quoted the wrong post. Begalclub moaned there was no parking, then when pointed out there was he came back with that gem.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Literally no parking and no plans to incorporate a carpark anywhere ?‍♂️ clueless really , if only our owner had some land close by he could turn into loads of parking ....with a shuttle service .....

He was having a pop at me not you , 

Im not tired , we have a 29,000 stadium and plans for a new arena/confenance centre and supply 500 parking spaces , its just a fact that peole stay away from the gate cause the parkings an absolute joke, 

I love the new proposal but id prefer a massive multistorey carpark to cater for our disabled elderly and young fans instead of having to struggle every game.

Maybe i just think a little deeper than you wood _red

And dont get blinded by a shiny new building.

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Im not tired , we have a 29,000 stadium and plans for a new arena/confenance centre and supply 500 parking spaces , its just a fact that peole stay away from the gate cause the parkings an absolute joke, 

I love the new proposal but id prefer a massive multistorey carpark to cater for our disabled elderly and young fans instead of having to struggle every game.

Really who are these people staying away because of the parking home gates of 20000 plus would sugggest not

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

I would love a 5000 space car park for everyone but it just ain't gonna happen is it. My point was you said there was no parking whatsoever which was wrong and wanted to just have a pop, you then realised you were completely wrong so stated that staff would have over 80%+ pf that parking - which we all know is complete and utter bull. 

Parking is a nightmare down there, it isn't Lansdowns fault though is it. Public transport, parking zones with permits only are a massive inconvenience. But you seem to rather the club not expand and progress because they don't provide more parking.

I assume you can go to any stadium in the Prem/Championship and just park up outside in their purpose built car parks???

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I would love a 5000 space car park for everyone but it just ain't gonna happen is it. My point was you said there was no parking whatsoever which was wrong and wanted to just have a pop, you then realised you were completely wrong so stated that staff would have over 80%+ pf that parking - which we all know is complete and utter bull. 

Parking is a nightmare down there, it isn't Lansdowns fault though is it. Public transport, parking zones with permits only are a massive inconvenience. But you seem to rather the club not expand and progress because they don't provide more parking.

I assume you can go to any stadium in the Prem/Championship and just park up outside in their purpose built car parks???

Etihad last season

Reading 2 weeks ago , as you were wood_red ?

16 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

How is it a fact that people stay away from the gate cause of parking when the football and rugby attendances have gone through the roof since redevelopment?  Surely if it was a fact the crowds would have dropped?

personally I think they need to improve public transport and networks to give fans alternatives to the car, not give people more reason to drive, that’s backwards thinking 

obviously those who need to drive I.e elderly or disabled etc should be appropriately catered for that goes without saying

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Etihad last season

The Etihad was about a third empty that night.

It was also built to host the commonwealth games less than 2 decades ago, so parking was naturally a consideration from when the stadium was conceived.

Ashton Gate has been here for over 100 years, built at a time when very few people owned a car and we are expanding with very limited room.

Maybe now you might be able to work out for yourself why parking is an issue without need for it to be spelled out even further.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The Etihad was about a third empty that night.

It was also built to host the commonwealth games less than 2 decades ago, so parking was naturally a consideration from when the stadium was conceived.

Ashton Gate has been here for over 100 years, built at a time when very few people owned a car and we are expanding with very limited room.

Maybe now you might be able to work out for yourself why parking is an issue without need for it to be spelled out even further.

Reading ? 

I wonder how many of the 165 planned residential units will be social &/or affordable? BCC usually wants 40% agreed on application I think. Although there's no mention of Cumberland Village is there? Which will presumably house the majority of that amount, if it is still going ahead, to free up the Sports Quarter for more premium accommodation. 

10 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Etihad last season

So we have less than 5% of clubs that have parking available in the top 2 flights, yet you want to use this as a stick to hit the club with??? And both of those are built in the same type of area as Ashton Gate I assume?

How many fans are actually staying away with our current attendances then, let us have an accurate number please, I mean you wouldn't be making stuff up without facts would you.

I think I will still stick with my original assessment of "pathetic".

4 minutes ago, wood_red said:

So we have less than 5% of clubs that have parking available in the top 2 flights, yet you want to use this as a stick to hit the club with??? And both of those are built in the same type of area as Ashton Gate I assume?

How many fans are actually staying away with our current attendances then, let us have an accurate number please, I mean you wouldn't be making stuff up without facts would you.

I think I will still stick with my original assessment of "pathetic".

Keep going pal , reading was my last championship ground and etihad my last prem , sorry if it proved your point wrong but thats life i guess ...little advice for you dont lower yourself to namecalling.

There's no option for parking similar to that of the Ethiad, Reading or even Swansea/Cardiff at our current site they're all recent purpose built grounds where they had enough land to plan for such parking arrangements, we had similar plans for Ashton Vale which we'd have been able to implement. The only way we'd be able to achieve it would be to not build the arena and everything next door which then defeats the whole purpose of what we're trying to do in the first place. 500 spaces will help alleviate the problems but not totally eradicate it, more the issue of public transport would help with that eg being able to use the park and ride. 

16 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

JamesBCFC doing his usual , have to try and take a pop . Classic 

I went with a tone akin to your first one on this thread.

The fact is you were wrong. You then followed up your wrong statement with a bs argument, and then followed that up with another bs argument using 2 completely incomparable stadia.

In your opinion,  i was asked to provide teams with carparks next to the ground reading was my last away championship game and Etihad my last prem away game , sorry if this doesnt suit your agenda but thats the facts.... carry on your attack though buddy im sure it makes you feel good your always straight on the bandwagon dont worry your not alone the other 2 will be along shortly

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

Can someone please remind me how (or whether) the revenue from basketball, conferences, concerts (and parking obviously) will help our financial fair play position?

Why would they?

They are not football related

2 hours ago, bris red said:

With the ‘flagship store’ see an end to the club store we already have i wonder..?

Yes. This was always the plan. Unless we do like some clubs and have two outlets open on matchdays, think we have done in the past with a small port a cabin type outlet in the car park/ fan village

Archived