IGNORED

Ashton Gate - Arena

Bristol Rob

15 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Keep going pal , reading was my last championship ground and etihad my last prem , sorry if it proved your point wrong but thats life i guess ...little advice for you dont lower yourself to namecalling.

Proved what wrong? You have said it as though parking is freely available and every other club provides parking, which is complete nonsense. You still haven't answered a single thing of your claims at all.

How many fans are staying away due to the parking issues at the moment?

How many grounds that are/were built in the same type of area as Ashton Gate is now have parking available?

In your opinion where should we have this/these huge car parks by the ground?

As for the pathetic comment - it was what I called the original posts, and I still stand by that as you are not saying anything at all that is anything bar pathetic imo.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Why would they?

They are not football related

Suppose it depends on how Bristol Sport revenue is distributed across the other clubs.

I (assume) we pay a peppercorn rent on the stadium, it might be that concessions contribute to the coffers as well.

Dare say some of the financial wizards we have on here will be able to produce a breakdown of BS income and what it is used for.

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Proved what wrong? You have said it as though parking is freely available and every other club provides parking, which is complete nonsense. You still haven't answered a single thing of your claims at all.

How many fans are staying away due to the parking issues at the moment?

How many grounds that are/were built in the same type of area as Ashton Gate is now have parking available?

In your opinion where should we have this/these huge car parks by the ground?

As for the pathetic comment - it was what I called the original posts, and I still stand by that as you are not saying anything at all that is anything bar pathetic imo.

Accept my response or dont , thats your call.

When I look at these new exciting plans and what it will mean to the club, Bristol Sport and the area in general, being redeveloped and creating jobs my first thought wasn’t ‘where am I going to park my car!’. Am I missing something here?!

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

The 'proposed' Ashton Gate station is also planned not far from the super crossing so imagine they have that in mind too

That was very briefly alluded too, but only in the sense that it’s completely out of there hands and sits solely with network rail, I think.

31 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Accept my response or dont , thats your call.

Well you obviously just make stuff up to suit your own bitter little agenda to have a pop at the club (who have just presented plans to do an exceptional expansion), still I suppose there is no need to back anything up with actual facts at all is there....

I will still stand with "your posts are pathetic" stance, as you just cannot even answer a single claim you make.

Have a good day.

28 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Ice hockey would be great too - but might be too complex?

Madison Square Garden does both ice hockey and basketball so it can be done, although no idea what the costs would be like. In fact this sunday evening is an NHL game with harlem globetrotters playing less than 18 hours later. amazing turnaround. 

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

Well you obviously just make stuff up to suit your own bitter little agenda to have a pop at the club (who have just presented plans to do an exceptional expansion), still I suppose there is no need to back anything up with actual facts at all is there....

I will still stand with "your posts are pathetic" stance, as you just cannot even answer a single claim you make.

Have a good day.

Wood_red my answers were not good enough for you , you then asked me to expand so i did stating the last two champ and prem grounds i visited , look i cant expand every minute detail for you you have chosen to not accept my response and thats fine then call my posts pathetic , you have a good day too sir or madam .

3 minutes ago, HiddenGem7 said:

Madison Square Garden does both ice hockey and basketball so it can be done, although no idea what the costs would be like. In fact this sunday evening is an NHL game with harlem globetrotters playing less than 18 hours later. amazing turnaround. 

Looks like the rink is permanent, they just build the court on top of it! 

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

He was having a pop at me not you , 

Im not tired , we have a 29,000 stadium and plans for a new arena/confenance centre and supply 500 parking spaces , its just a fact that peole stay away from the gate cause the parkings an absolute joke, 

I love the new proposal but id prefer a massive multistorey carpark to cater for our disabled elderly and young fans instead of having to struggle every game.

Maybe i just think a little deeper than you wood _red

And dont get blinded by a shiny new building.

Most new builds don’t have provision for car parking. Emirates has basically Zero parking, nor does the Amex. 
These days, you aren’t wanted to travel to venues by car. It’s deliberate, rather than an oversight. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Most new builds don’t have provision for car parking. Emirates has basically Zero parking, nor does the Amex. 
These days, you aren’t wanted to travel to venues by car. It’s deliberate, rather than an oversight. 

Quite right, it amazes me that some people think the club are that inept that they don’t think about things, I can see it now “Steve, guess what, we’ve only gone and forgot to include parking in the plans, what are we like”

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Fairenough however the most vulnerable dont have any choice , provisions should always been in place to account for all fans .

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Quite right, it amazes me that some people think the club are that inept that they don’t think about things, I can see it now “Steve, guess what, we’ve only gone and forgot to include parking in the plans, what are we like”

Though that’s exactly how I imagine a Rovers board meeting.

20 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Ambitious as it is, I miss simpler times. And honestly, I can't get all that excited that we're going to have some swanky offices and a basketball court. I realize we have to move with the times, but to me it just marks another step away from the club I grew up with. 

Let's just go back to division two.

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Can you imagine being a Gashead and reading this? Made my day better already

They must be spitting feathers at this latest proposal and phase 2 of the Ahton Gate development.

I understand some of them stopped going to watch rugby when it moved to Ashton Gate (and attendances rocketed up), but a lot of them might well struggle with staying away from the basketball arena if/when/should it get finished.

Especially if the venue does become a destination for things like boxing or darts which is an otherwise long and expensive journey elsewhere.

They'll hate it.

Archived